• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic
Cyper
Cyper

Gunnery Sergeant

• Members
  • 411 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 22:01

How do I use the M107 properly on jeeps, tanks, APC, and helicopters? Where should I hit? I have no idea where to find the engine block on tanks and so on.

I've tried to shot the jeep right in the engine block but it doesn't seems to work even though I fired about 3 rounds in it.

celery
celery

First Lieutenant

• Members
  • 5084 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 22:49

I don't think Armed Assault has that kind of functionality for the rifle.

HyperU2
HyperU2

Banned

• 1315 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 23:10

Generally the drivers head.

maturin
maturin

First Lieutenant

• Members
  • 5727 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 00:15

The M107 doesn't function as an anti-materiel rifle in this game. Aim for wheels, where the crew of APCs sits if you have OA or Ace 2, and the engine block of choppers. Some are very weak there, others require half a dozen hits. Tail rotors are generally too tough.

Stewy
Stewy

Master Gunnery Sergeant

• Members
  • 1304 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 00:23

Generally the drivers head.

What he said :)
Posted Image
"Fire the bloody guns where we want them or you'll lose the lot of us"
Major Harry Smith, Battle of Long Tan, 18 August, 1966.

Cyper
Cyper

Gunnery Sergeant

• Members
  • 411 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 19:44

Ow.

I didn't expect this from Arma, really.. I wonder why BIS didn't make it work.

Anyway, is there any kind of mod for this? I'd really like a anti materiel rifle that really works. It's for the campaign I am doing.

maturin
maturin

First Lieutenant

• Members
  • 5727 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 22:40

I think making component damage for cars is very difficult, otherwise ACE would have implemented it as they have done for choppers and tracked vehicles.

There is, however, some way to detect engine block hits on cars, and a script could then remove all gas from the vehicle.

pavel volonsky
pavel volonsky

Private First Class

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 10:09

I remember that there was once a XM109 addon,and with that rifle(if it is not a cannon) you can completely destory(not disable) a BMP-2 in 3 rounds.

LLukeL
LLukeL

Private First Class

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 01:35

I remember that there was once a XM109 addon,and with that rifle(if it is not a cannon) you can completely destory(not disable) a BMP-2 in 3 rounds.

ACE 2 has an XM109 though I do not believe it is anywhere near that powerful modelled in ACE.

AS for attacking vehicles, rather than aim for the engine, go for the crew, If not, the tires, if not, the guns.

-Thanx,
Luke