dwarden

ARMA 2 Free

406 posts in this topic

Official announcement: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=120497

Website announcement: http://www.arma2.com/latest-news/arma2-free-announced_en.html

Forum: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=120498

WIKI page: http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/ArmA_2:_Free_Public_Beta

Trailer:

3Mgao249jNg

Release 23.6.2011 of ARMA 2 Free beta 1.10: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=121168

Downloads-HTTP:

Downloads-Torrent:

Bohemia Interactive, the award-winning independent game development studio,

is pleased to announce the Arma 2: Free - a free-to-play multiplayer version of critically acclaimed mil-sim, Arma 2.

Arma 2: Free redefines the free-to-play battlefield with its truly unrivalled scale and gameplay possibilities.

Arma 2: Free serves up almost everything offered by the original Arma 2 - the '13th best PC game of all time', according to PC Gamer

- minus the campaign, HD graphics and support for user-made addons and mods.

Arma 2: Free is scheduled for release in June 2011.

Create your own custom-built scenarios or deploy a massive selection of missions and game-modes made by others.

No micro-transactions, no hidden costs, just the same epic terrain and huge variety of equipment!

This is Arma 2: Free - virtual war without the training wheels.

Arma 2: Free to download, free to play, free to share, free to host, free to create... free to play redefined

Some of the key features of Arma 2: Free include:

• Free military simulation - An authentic battlefield simulation, including bullet ballistics, material penetration and much more.
  • Free armory - A comprehensive range of 300+ weapons, units and fully-usable armed or unarmed vehicles across air, land and water classes.
  • Free unique multiplayer - Multiplayer with large-scale maps for 50+ live players and hundreds of AI units. Supports a wide variety of MP modes from co-op and PvP modes, to total mayhem!
  • Free dedicated servers - Both Linux and Windows OS dedicated server support for users to host freely wherever and however they like even to play together on the same retail game-servers.
  • Free creativity - Quick mission templates, a powerful, built-in, easy to use SP/MP mission editor, and advanced scripting.

To learn more about the Arma 2: Free project please visit the product´s website at www.arma2.com/free

ARMA 2 package combinations explained: http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/ARMA2_PackageCombination

Edited by Dwarden

Good news for the players who want to try Arma II.

What do you mean, when it says : there aren't High Definition Graphics?

Edited by Papanowel

Nice initiative. The trailer seems awesome, very professional. Congrats BIS!

What do you mean, when it says : there aren't High Definition Graphics?

I bet it means scaled-down texture quality, probably comparable to the lite versions of the DLCs.

Great move, BI! I wish you many new players (resp. customers :) )!

I see, you wanna get people accustomed (or addicted in the best case :) ) to ArmA before you release the pimped up ArmA 3 with new features, engine etc.

Nonetheless, nice step forward.:yay:

Looks like a great Demo for the REAL arma. It shows of the real long term potential the game offers to it's players.

I mean seriously, who buys arma only to play the campaign?

The only problem I see is the missing mod support. It will be close to impossible to find MP games without mods.

Looks like a great Demo for the REAL arma. It shows of the real long term potential the game offers to it's players.

I mean seriously, who buys arma only to play the campaign?

The only problem I see is the missing mod support. It will be close to impossible to find MP games without mods.

I don't think that is true. I was always able to find non-mod servers.

Congrats BIS, so why no big reveal AT E3? I believe you would steal lots of games their thunder, still awesome you guys are in a position to do something big like this for free.

Cool let's see what gameplay mode will be the most popular here. :)

Don't think the MP is integrated with our MP is it?

Will people who bought the full version be able to play on the free version's servers? I'd love to be able to play with some of my friends without having to DL another 5-10gigs of the same game.

Deploy user-made scenarios and play together on the same premium game-servers, as long as they don't depend on additional content

AA2Free users will be able to play with us

I can't find anything about the maps it will include. I guess they will be the Arma2 ones at least.

I think this is the biggest thing BIS have done since starting their company! 3 major titles, and one free game! :D

BIS we love you long time ;)

So can ArmA 2 Free clients and Paid clients intermix?

Either way, well done BIS!

In terms of MP, read a few posts above yours, BOTA:16. It will not be able to play with OA, BAF or PMC content, however.

Reminds me of how Id made the original DOOM so popular, well played BIS!

Zipper5: but ppl could buy the AO, BAF and install it on Free version?

They gave them the editor?

Personally that's all I've ever done with this series! Although not having mods will make that less addictive.

Zipper5: but ppl could buy the AO, BAF and install it on Free version?

What's the point if people can buy ArmA2 CO and BAF and it will be roughly the same price. Plus they will get all the missing stuff from AA2

You´re crazy BI. You´re completely crazy.

Thanks for this, will start to share it like crazy, trying to match your own crazy.

Time to get the world hooked on this :cool: