Website announcement: http://www.arma2.com...nounced_en.html
WIKI page: http://community.bis...ree_Public_Beta
Release 23.6.2011 of ARMA 2 Free beta 1.10: http://forums.bistud...ad.php?t=121168
Bohemia Interactive, the award-winning independent game development studio,
is pleased to announce the Arma 2: Free - a free-to-play multiplayer version of critically acclaimed mil-sim, Arma 2.
Arma 2: Free redefines the free-to-play battlefield with its truly unrivalled scale and gameplay possibilities.
Arma 2: Free serves up almost everything offered by the original Arma 2 - the '13th best PC game of all time', according to PC Gamer
- minus the campaign, HD graphics and support for user-made addons and mods.
Arma 2: Free is scheduled for release in June 2011.
Create your own custom-built scenarios or deploy a massive selection of missions and game-modes made by others.
No micro-transactions, no hidden costs, just the same epic terrain and huge variety of equipment!
This is Arma 2: Free - virtual war without the training wheels.
Arma 2: Free to download, free to play, free to share, free to host, free to create... free to play redefined
Some of the key features of Arma 2: Free include:
- Free military simulation - An authentic battlefield simulation, including bullet ballistics, material penetration and much more.
- Free armory - A comprehensive range of 300+ weapons, units and fully-usable armed or unarmed vehicles across air, land and water classes.
- Free unique multiplayer - Multiplayer with large-scale maps for 50+ live players and hundreds of AI units. Supports a wide variety of MP modes from co-op and PvP modes, to total mayhem!
- Free dedicated servers - Both Linux and Windows OS dedicated server support for users to host freely wherever and however they like even to play together on the same retail game-servers.
- Free creativity - Quick mission templates, a powerful, built-in, easy to use SP/MP mission editor, and advanced scripting.
ARMA 2 package combinations explained: http://community.bis...kageCombination
Edited by Dwarden, 23 June 2011 - 11:44 PM.