Sign in to follow this  
CameronMcDonald

Brothers in Arms: Franchise Down

This company has to die before they take human evolution backwards.

Hey,hold your horses right there! I want them to release Assassin's Creed Revelations and of course AC III first !

Isn't AC Revelations actually AC3?Or is it something like Brotherhood?

Seems Ubi like to play one cold one hot every year,Im now interested in Far Cry 3 but damn BIA4 sure shocked me kinda like "hey what a nice blonde......holy crap you're a man".

Sigh,if only they stayed true to their roots,having proper sequels to Bia,Splinter Cell,R6,Ghost Recon,Silent Hunter and so on.

What the failing fuck... Get out of the game industry, Ubisoft! You've ruined it enough!

Why is it not called Inglorious Basterds: The Video Game?

I've seen a lot of rip-offs, but this is without a doubt the most shameless thing ever. This makes turning OFP into DR & RR seem like a sensible/logical thing to do.

Thank God everyone else feels the same way I do.

Even non-Bis fans seem to pretty much universally hate the look of this, judging by the comments for the video on most hosting sites.

This is the game series that included characters like Red Hartsock and Mac Hassy?

RIP

Isn't AC Revelations actually AC3?Or is it something like Brotherhood?

It's the third part of the story-arch with the same character, so generally speaking it's still AC2.

AC3 will be set some hundreds of years in the future (from the Renaissance point of view that is) and most likely it'll be the time of French Revolution.

Looks like Brothers in Arms is now officially ruined.

Gearbox and Ubisoft need to lay off the drugs.

Shame because I fucking love BIA. :(

Hey,hold your horses right there! I want them to release Assassin's Creed Revelations and of course AC III first !

The E3 gameplay video for AC Revelations had Ezio destroying ships with a mounted flamethrower. It's probably better that the company dies before it ruins that series in the same way :butbut:

The E3 gameplay video for AC Revelations had Ezio destroying ships with a mounted flamethrower. It's probably better that the company dies before it ruins that series in the same way :butbut:

And what's wrong with that? Ship mounted flamethrowers were actually weapons used by the Byzantine Empire. Based on the first ever throwers invented by the Greeks in the first century A.D. these augmented throwers used some sort of a flammable substance (calcium based?) that was ignited when came in contact with sea water.

en-greek-fire2.jpg

Hand-siphon_for_Greek_fire%252C_medieval_illumination_%2528detail%2529.jpg?format=jpg%2Cpng%2Cgif

MF4H4QL10CGWRxreD4POib.jpg

http://warandgame.files.wordpress.com/2008/02/gf717-1.jpg

What the shit was that. Where is the sense in making even more over-the-top Hollywood crap. The entire market is dominated by it. They might as well call this style Generiqué.

And what's wrong with that? Ship mounted flamethrowers were actually weapons used by the Byzantine Empire. Based on the first ever throwers invented by the Greeks in the first century A.D. these augmented throwers used some sort of a flammable substance (calcium based?) that was ignited when came in contact with sea water.

Wow, didn't know that :cool:

Ok forgive me, just prey that whoever got their hands on the BIA franchise stays the hell away from Assassins Creed...

Yeah, Greek Fire was a real thing. But even if it wasn't, it's not like Assassin's Creed has ever been the pinnacle of realism.

That is the biggest most stupid pile of shit I have ever witnessed. You shouldn't allow an eight year old to design a game.

I've been waiting since Hells Highway for them to finally go to the Bulge and wrap up the story as it was an alright game with an alright story. My fear was that being UBI Soft the third one would have their infamous online only copy protection. Now I just don't care ate all.

The sad thing is you know people are going to buy this shite in droves. Especially when it's dropped to $10 on steam eventually.

Piss off.

If the trailer wasn't so violent I would say that its aimed at 6 year old kids, it’s like a cartoon. :crazy: Besides where did they get a hot cow stamp thing they put on the guys forehead. Shame, BIA series is one of my favourite series of ww2 games :sad:

Cow stamp, state-shaped? Well, fits with the Texas theme... but the U.S. Army Cavalry hat on a guy from Texas?!?!? Ouch....

I always thought Texas was one of the Confederate states....

Just when I thought that antinazism can't be more rediculus.

Nazis are the best generic enemy right after "terrorists". Then maybe russians and then... there's noone else to fight with :(

Am I the only one that thougt of Team Fortress when I saw this?

The fat guy couldn't stop reminds me of this:

http://media.teamxbox.com/games/ss/1532/1183145341.jpg

Yeah but TF2 had some class with their violence, this is eh..no. Also it's cute how we call them nazi's but we don't have the balls to use swastika's rather than + symbols.

Edited by NodUnit

Cow stamp, state-shaped? Well, fits with the Texas theme... but the U.S. Army Cavalry hat on a guy from Texas?!?!? Ouch....

I always thought Texas was one of the Confederate states....

It's called a Stetson.

WASHINGTON, APRIL 1, 2011 -- In a fingertip-to-the-brim nod to its American frontier history, the Army is changing hats again - returning to the tumultuous days of the horse Cavalry in the wild west and adopting a dark blue Stetson as the official headgear for the current force of 1.1 million Soldiers.

http://www.army.mil/article/54202/stetson-hat-to-be-new-army-standard-headgear/

Edited by Hans Ludwig

Nazis are the best generic enemy right after "terrorists". Then maybe russians and then... there's noone else to fight with :(

Aliens ... you must have seen that coming? :)

Anyway I did have 2 of bothers in arms and they were ok for what they were, now this using the same title is either complete coincidence or an utter pisstake.

The intro scene of that trailer just reminded me of All Allo:

ZvT8dMHqqVY

Im thinking the DLC content for this will be "The Fallen Maddona With Ze' Big boobies".

If the trailer wasn't so violent I would say that its aimed at 6 year old kids, it’s like a cartoon. :crazy:

Same goes for the Ghost Recon trailer. Looks like Ubisoft is out of ideas and needs extreme violence to gain some attention / sales.

Pisspoor idea btw.

Nice list there mate. Although my personal taste is a little bit different. The best generic enemy are jews. Right after are capitalists and then communists and anarchists.

The best generic enemy are jews
It takes some balls to say it out loud ;)

Some ppl may take my post srsly so I would like to remind Yeh - it was a joke about how repetitive and dull are modern games ;]

You almost always fight one of the mentioned ones... and how boring is that ;]

21mxlr4.jpg

This is a game forum not anm angend for your propagnada. Nazis, Russians etc harmed Poland but saved others. Political Correction anyone?