Linux tarballs for all tools are available in both toolsets

•  Free Road Test Tools were updated to the latest subscriber snapshot in /*July 2016.*/ August 2017
  • Over 80 updates to the code have occurred since the last release. This averages more than one update per week. That might give you pause to think what you are missing out on, not being a subscriber,
  • The major improvements to this free release are support for type73 p3ds, plus crunching maps far less painful.
  • Obfuscation and/or compression are disabled in the free versions, and some dozen additional tools (such as dep3d, moveFolder) are not in the free toolset.
  •  
  • for a full list of tools and what each one does visit
  •  
  • https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Mikero_Tools

The Subscriber Tools contain more than twenty different exe's to ease the burden, chief among them

Make/ExtractPbo

PboProject . will create dozens of pbos in one button push with savage error checking and obfuscation (optional)

Rapify/Derapify/LintCheck : all cpp, rvmat and mission sqm's

ConvertWrp: to pew

MoveObject: absolute must for repathing p3d's, wrps, and rvmats

Eliteness: An all in one gui that works from ofp cwc thru to Arrowead. You can inspect the inner contents of p3d, rtm, pbo's, fxy,wss, wrp, pew and etc etc.

:Powerful lintchecking on most file formats to checkfor corruption and or missing files.

:Make and extract pbo's, wash the dishes and make coffee too.

The heart of all mikero's bis tools is dePbo64.dll. Updates and improvements to this dll average once/week for past 7 years. Updates to exes rarely happen.

mirrors for the free toolset:

snakeman pmc

Enjoy

• Like 2

Best PBO Tools hands down! Generates good formats, and has a more paranoid parser that informs you about errors and warnings where others would simply ignore and move on.

Not to mention all the other useful and cool tools that are available, like MoveObject, etc.

ACE, CBA and my personal projects are built with these babies since the beginning.

Mikero also provides great support for his tools.

Some tips for GUI/windows explorer right click menu-users; You can use FileMenu Tools to easily get windows explorer, right click, Unpack PBO, Pack PBO, Rapify PBO, Rapify Config, etc etc.

Thanks Mikero!

Edited by Sickboy

Without Mikero's tools I would be still hex-hacking my first map ;)

Tnx Mikero for all your hard work. And special tnx to SgtAce, Kju, Wld427, NZDFCrash, Sickboy and many other community members for providing much needed help and support.

First thing I install after bi tools. I use these daily in my workflow , and it is especially handy when you have more than one file to deal with .

Thanks, no qualms here - a solid peice of work

was looking for dpbo.dll couldn'y find it at first now I found what I was looking for.

Edited by nettrucker
solved my issue

The Dos Tool kit contains over twenty different exe's to ease the burden, chief among them

Make/ExtractPbo

Rapify/Derapify/LintCheck : all cpp' rvmat and mission sqm's

ConvertWrp: to pew

MoveObject: absolute must for repathing p3d's, wrps, and rvmats

Eliteness: An all in one gui that works from ofp cwc thru to Arrowead. You can inspect the inner contents of p3d, rtm, pbo's, fxy,wss, wrp, pew and etc etc.

:Powerful lintchecking on most file formats to checkfor corruption and or missing files.

:Make and extract pbo's, wash the dishes and make coffee too.

The heart of all Dos Tools and Eliteness is dePbo.dll. This dll is in a continuous state of refinement, and has been consistenly upgraded for past 5 years.

Dos Tools Home Page

http://dev-heaven.net/projects/mikero-pbodll/files

Enjoy

Won't you mind If I include your tools into an IDE project I'm working on?

depbo.dll / depbo.lib.so (linux) , and all it's accompanying exe's, including all source code, are without restrictions of any kind. As the eula states, if it causes your mother in law to drop down dead, or your wife to run off with your secretary. Sue me.

you are free to hack belt and bash it into any form or product that gives you a thrill.

Depbo.dll has become the benchmark standard, you'd be insane, NOT to use it

Edited by Mikero

Just curious, why do windows EXE's (MakePbo.exe, for instance) send all the output with the help from the dry run (did not yet check the rest) via ErrorStream instead of regular Input(Output)Stream?

Just curious, why do windows EXE's (MakePbo.exe, for instance) send all the output with the help from the dry run (did not yet check the rest) via ErrorStream instead of regular Input(Output)Stream?

am rather hopeful this is not correct.

The exe's distinguish between 'status' information (what the dll is doing / has found) and 'what the customer wanted'

An example would be a DIR listing of pbo content. typically

extractpbo -LB (list brief) SomePbo > pipe.txt

'what the customer wanted' was a file looking very similar to a dos dir/b somefolder >pipe.txt

ie something to feed directly into a renamer a deleter an excel file,etc.

to achieve that. the standard finishing line "No Errors" is sent to stderr, not, stdio

if you find this is not the case. raise a ticket at dev heaven please.

------

Oh, and PS *all* exe tools return 0 (No Error) status or an errocode which is typically used in a bat file as

for (whatever)

{

SomeDll.Exe -options file

if errorlevel 1 goto bugger

}

Edited by Mikero

Not sure if this is the right place to post this,

but ArmA2P broke my Buldozer.

I thought it was just a freak accident, so I did this:

I deleted everything in the P: drive.

I reinstalled BI Tools 2.5.1, and ran Oxygen 2 and started Buldozer. It worked.

Then I ran ArmA2P, let it churn for a couple of minutes, then it gave me an error message while extracting ui.pbo. Apparently the SHA is mismatched, and ArmA2P stopped running.

I figured it would be fine anyway, so I started Oxygen 2 and now I can't run Buldozer.

I have repeated this procedure 3 times, and it always works with a clean install of BI Tools, but stops working after ArmA2P has run. And it always fails at the same file, ui.pbo.

All I want is to have the ArmA 2 files extracted on the P drive so I can use the env maps in buldozer.

I made it work by reinstalling the BIS tools without removing the contents of the P: drive.

Best PBO Tools hands down!

Absolutely! Why isn't this thread sticky?!

These tools are the missing processors for your ant pipeline (or any other build tool). No matter if you're building some addons or if you're a mission maker working on a new campaign. Write your build script once and live happily ever after... ;)

Thanks Mikero!

Some banana for you: :yay:

thanks for your comments and support ladies.

the dll is guaranteed to be backward compatible, no matter how many revisions and 'improvements' are made to it. Hell, it still handles the original ofp demo from a decade ago and the now redundant xbox.

as you say, write your script once. you will never have to change it because it breaks. you might change it for a new feature, but that's it.

Hi, I'm a new to editing in Arma and I was wondering if this tool is good to ease the somewhat convoluted process of implementing textures into Arma 2? I wish Arma 2 had an intuitive user friendly way of adding textures to the game. In other games like Oblivion and Skyrim for example, you only need to place the new texture you've made into the texture folder in the game directory and that's it. The game will recognize the new texture. If you didn't like the results you simply delete the texture from the folder and the game will revert back to having the vanilla texture once again since all official files are within a file with a different extension to avoid users corrupting the main files.

Can anyone give me a hand with Eliteness v2.90. I have latest files of dePBO too.

I'm trying to dePBO the latest version of domination from the dev-heaven site but everytime I try it says

======HEADER=======

Mikero=DePbo.dll

Pbo Type is: Resistance

I've tried to understand the readme and I can't figure out how to get it to change to arma, I have it set in my options but still no luck.

I'm trying to edit the file co30_Domination_2_60u_West_OA.Takistan.pbo but everytime I try to edit the missions.sqm it's in a different format. I need the pbotype to show as Arma.

Can anyone help out? Thanks.

Ps sorry for posting in wrong forum

Edited by mycatsaid

Can anyone give me a hand with Eliteness v2.90. I have latest files of dePBO too.

I'm trying to dePBO the latest version of domination from the dev-heaven site but everytime I try it says

======HEADER=======

Mikero=DePbo.dll

Pbo Type is: Resistance

I've tried to understand the readme and I can't figure out how to get it to change to arma, I have it set in my options but still no luck.

Yes. this is tricky, and a bit on the tough side to make 'better' for the user.

Mission.pbos ,at best, are RESISTANCE pbo's in architecture. And much more commonly, simple cwc pbo's. *irrespective of engine*. The *contents* of the pbo, the files themselves, might be encoded for ofp, or for arma (or for vbs), but the architecture is resistance.

This is what eliteness is telling you when it extracts. The way the pbo is constructed, is Resistance, it has, no prefix

When it comes to MAKING a mission pbo, eliteness is fully aware that you want the CONTENTS to be in arma rap-format.

I agree, this is confusing, will think of something here to remove the doubt, but I hope above explains what you're seeing.

---------- Post added at 08:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:53 AM ----------

Hi, I'm a new to editing in Arma and I was wondering if this tool is good to ease the somewhat convoluted process of implementing textures into Arma 2? I wish Arma 2 had an intuitive user friendly way of adding textures to the game. In other games like Oblivion and Skyrim for example, you only need to place the new texture you've made into the texture folder in the game directory and that's it. The game will recognize the new texture. If you didn't like the results you simply delete the texture from the folder and the game will revert back to having the vanilla texture once again since all official files are within a file with a different extension to avoid users corrupting the main files.

sorry for the long quote, but, you've pretty much described EXACTLY how an addon.pbo 'works'. It's a scrillion times more powerful than simply changing a texture, a model, or an entire island, depending entirely on what you want to do. (many simply do just change a texture). if you don't like it, you remove it. same as skyrim et al

the *difference* is that where (in skyrim/L4D) you would put a shiny new texture, or indeed an ini file, in a specific folder location. with Bis, you put it in locations in your addon. That's all

Hey Mikero, thanks for the reply :) I kinda got the reason why it was saying that bu it was just confusing to try change that, but I read that resistance file gets compressed so the mission.sqm gets encoded so that's why I couldn't change it over to arma or I could be wrong. But I did read if you just depbo the pbo then load up the sqm file in elite it will refix it to arma?

Anyway, thanks for clearing that up for me. I did manage to solve the issue by just recreating domi myself which I should have done in the first place. But I guess I tried the easy option of trying to get the files Xenon already created instead, it's just updating domi is always a nightmare xD Thanks for reply anyway!

Hey Mikero,

Could you make your tools available in non-installer (ZIP) versions? It seems the switch to installers was done only recently? I have been using and downloading ZIP versions for a while now.. Most of the modders know what to do with EXE and DLL files, no need for the installers :)

Otherwise, your tools are excellent. Thanks for making and supporting them.

You can extract the installers with 7zip for example to get tools without installing them.

I've been enjoying your tools for a small portion of a week now.

But I must ask, since I would really like to get on with the modelling tutorial:

how the f(***)ck do I install these?!