Gunter Severloh

AI Compilation List of Addons/Mods/Scripts & Misc

Hello Günter,

thx alot for your tireless work for the community.

As a support to you and also as a benefit to the german community i posted the AI-Compilation List on ArmA2Base.

So you have a "place", outside from the BIF, too. :)

See here:

http://www.arma2base.de/include.php?path=forumsthread&threadid=1169

Cheers

McLupo

Thank you McLupo, it is very much appreciated.

I personally enjoy doing projects like this list, I enjoy very much to compile things, even though i may not be the best which i personally

could care less about but some people just have better ideas then others, none the less I hope and wish that for those that seek it can

benefit from the work i have done and enjoy their game much more then before.

last note as I always for this list, if anyone has an AI script, addon, or mod, or something else that does something with AI then please

post your reply or send me a pm and I can put it up on the list for all to see.

Hi Gunter

I propose you add -Coulum- & tpw's suppression scripts/PBOs:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?131024-Ai-suppression-script-help

They need one of the most recent betas, but definitely worth trying. With the latest asr_ai firefights are transformed, hugely entertaining.

(& a bit off-topic, but as soon as 1.61 is official, ask if you can include them in COWarmod).

Cheers

O.

Thanks for the promotion Orcinus. Just a correction - the AI suppression addon doesn't need the latest beta (that's my Line-of-sight addon).

really awesome script man. thanks!

really awesome script man. thanks!

Cheers mate. I will automatically redistribute 50% of all thanks to -Coulum-.

Yes, the TWPC_AI_S has both the script and PBO version included, and is the official release while the previous one was WIP, as far as I understand it (not affiliated with the development in any way).

So replace this Ai Suppression Script with this: Tpwc-ai-suppression?

Yes, thanks Günter Severloh. TPWC_AI_SUPPRESSION is the official addon release from me and -Coulum-. The other stuff was WIP and is now superseded. Thanks for inclusion in your list.

Thanks for the promotion Orcinus. Just a correction - the AI suppression addon doesn't need the latest beta (that's my Line-of-sight addon).

Duh - that's what comes of getting up at 04:45, a touch of Lonely Axon Syndrome.

Yes, thanks Günter Severloh. TPWC_AI_SUPPRESSION is the official addon release from me and -Coulum-.

The other stuff was WIP and is now superseded. Thanks for inclusion in your list.

Ok. I will update accordingly, and Your welcome.

Added under Arma2OA Addons

using this link:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=17049

Edited by Gnter Severloh

Do the driving fix addon still improves some of the AI driving? I know that some of the driving already is improved in the newest patch.

---------- Post added at 10:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:27 AM ----------

Can someone tell me the differenses between GL4, Zeus and ASR?

@^Th0mas^: Sakura_Chan says that recent patches have broken the mod. AFAIK there are no current plans to update it, probably as well given that v1.63 is in the pipeline (though I don't expect that to appear until BIS have sorted out various MP issues, especially the Linux server).

Zeus is very long in the tooth, & hasn't been supported for ~ 1 year. In contrast, asr_ai is being very actively developed by Robalo. Works brilliantly (by design) with TPWC_AIS & TPW_LOS.

GL4 is also no longer in development, sadly. However the script version at least enables mission designers to incorporate specific features. Note that the addon version (PBO) breaks very many official & user missions/campaigns as GL4 messes with waypoints.

In the case of both Zeus & GL4, they may become increasingly problematic as the game itself is patched/developed.

Do the driving fix addon still improves some of the AI driving?

Actually from reported tests for my COWarMod in campaigns it makes the AI ignore waypoints, I will remove it from the list.

@^Th0mas^: Sakura_Chan says that recent patches have broken the mod. AFAIK there are no current plans to update it, probably as well given that v1.63 is in the pipeline (though I don't expect that to appear until BIS have sorted out various MP issues, especially the Linux server).

Zeus is very long in the tooth, & hasn't been supported for ~ 1 year. In contrast, asr_ai is being very actively developed by Robalo. Works brilliantly (by design) with TPWC_AIS & TPW_LOS.

GL4 is also no longer in development, sadly. However the script version at least enables mission designers to incorporate specific features. Note that the addon version (PBO) breaks very many official & user missions/campaigns as GL4 messes with waypoints.

In the case of both Zeus & GL4, they may become increasingly problematic as the game itself is patched/developed.

Thanks, it was this kinda answer I was looking for. Just looked at ASR AI on Youtube, and it looks very good. I will try it.

It may be early to ask, but has there been any word if some of these mods will be made for ArmA 3 when its released?

Another question. Do ArmA 2 allow players to change/edit the AI 100%? As much as BIS?

but has there been any word if some of these mods will be made for ArmA 3 when its released?

You'll have to either ask in the mod's threads themselves or pm the modders if they will bring their mods to Arma3, I'd assume most of them likely will do so, but some mods that have not been updated in many months, even a year you may not see being ported to Arma3, but Im sure Arma3 will have its own AI addons and mods and scripts being made, as Arma3 will have its own Ai upgrade by itself, so i think modders will be waiting to see what the game will present before they start porting and or making new stuff, thats what i would do anyways.

Do ArmA 2 allow players to change/edit the AI 100%? As much as BIS?

Much as BIS would be the whole AI system, for a mod it can be done, but on a nonmodder just a player, some AI mods have userconfig which you

can make adjustments to certain components, so unless your going to mod the whole game in respect to the AI then that would be really the only way,

use the existing or create your own.

Notes on this thread

Just to note this thread really isn't a dicussian thread per say, its really to list all possible Ai addons, & mods, scripts, anything to do with the AI,

so if you have something that you would like to see that is not on the lists concerning AI then post a link and I'll add it, if you have a question pertaining

to a mod on the list I can answer or another maybe, but there are already AI discussion threads about, please use those as this is not meant for that.

List Update

Added the following:

Under:

Arma2OA Addons

TPWLOS

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?136304-Tpwc-ai-suppression&highlight=suppression

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/481663/TPW_AI_LOS_104.zip (download)

This addon improves AI response and realism in closer engagements. It is based on SaOk's excellent line-of-sight code

which implements the new line intersects, terrain intersect, eye pos and eye direction commands introduced in OA beta patch 94103

(and simply won't work on earlier versions). TPWLOS works well with and nicely complements TPWCAS.

TPWLOS scans for enemies near each opfor or blufor or independent unit, determines if they have line of sight

to the enemy (no buildings or terrain in the way), runs a few more visibility checks based on light level, movement,

camouflage etc, and if the enemy is determined as visible then the unit will face towards and shoot at the enemy.

Reaction time should be well under a second, which greatly enhances squad response and aggression in CQB situations.

Dynamic Force Balancer

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=13558

Decrease enemy unit number to balance the mission difficulty.

Also reorganized the Arma2OA Addons list as it was out of alphabetical order.

Ive been away for a while from arma and noticed the new 1.62. How about ASR and this new tpwc add up? I mean are they compatible and updated or one may be better off with vanilla(oops I didn't say that :)

Requested by Trapper on another thread, this is the mix of PBOS suggested by ChrisB to improve the AI building use and urban fighting severals months ago.

The results are awesome, but GL4 break user missions, so it's not possible to use it if the creator of the mission don't design the mission around these features.

GL4 Burning fx

GL4 Config fx

GL4 Dubbing

GL4 Intro

GL4 Shell fx

GL4 Sound fx

GL4 System

SLX ai dodge

SLX ai identify

SLX ai noautoengage

SLX ai steering

SLX anim pistolcivil

SLX anims

SLX cloud

SLX effects

SLX explosiondust

SLX findcover

SLX impacts

SLX netcode

SLX ragdoll

SLX shoteffects

SLX suppression effects

SLX surrender

ST collision

ST evasive

TPWC ai suppress 3.04

TPW ai los 1.04

Zeus findcover

Zeus netcode

Zeus c fov

Zeus sys ai

Testing is key.

There are many pbo combinations that can be used. I use a number of different one’s (only slightly altered, same basic format) depending on mission design. If you use more zeus, as I do many times, you will have to alter GL4 global configs to alter parts of the gl4 ai, i.e. 'ai difficult level', plus spending time on learning the configs is advised, results in great game play eventually..;)

Also some may have problems with Zeus find cover (our group doesn’t, but some do), so it can be removed if need be.

Combinations I use are all based on missions being made on a GL4 format, and pbo date matters, well certainly for our group it does. I have explained this in another thread, so I will try and get the list/lists updated with pbo dates (will be into the new year now)..

However I repeat, testing is key, cpu is used a lot with ai so you need it available to get good results, as seen in the ai tests (in sig).

But all this is available and has been for many years, provided by very talented mod makers, of which I'm not a member. I'm just a very keen tester/mission maker..

If you want great realism, you have to be playing using a GL4 format, imo..

Testing your own pbo combinations is vital, as it will help you level out at your systems cpu availability and give you an idea of how far you can go before performance is hit hard. Plus testing is as good as playing, and when you see something for the first time that you haven't seen before, and its good, then its really well worth it. Arma ai can be superb, well almost, but its taken talented mod makers to get it that way..

My groups rule of thumb: Below 22fps and ai are not going to act as they should, infact it gets pretty standard. 22-30fps and ai will be o.k. tweak your pbo mix to suit. Kept 30fps or above and you can expect great ai, depends on pbo mix of course plus mission design.. These are just average fps, and based on our groups tests, so may vary of course for your system.

I think ai is all important, nothing comes close to great immersion as that obtained with the right ai behaviour, so test and mix, to find your right balance, throw out what's not needed, mod/pbo wise, ai first, the rest later..:)

Edited by ChrisB

Gentleman, hate to drive you off the thread here but if you have an addon, mod, script, or something that enhance the AI, that isn't already on the list,

then there are other threads like the AI discussion thread where your discussion can take place, this thread is not for discussions, but for reviewing listing said AI addons, mods, scripts, and misc,

which means its basically a reference.

If you have questions about any of the listed addons, mods, scripts, ect,. then I can help.

Its a good discussion, just not the right thread for it.