Sign in to follow this  
Pummel

Problem with ARMA2OA_Patch_1_59.exe

Hello, I have a problem installing this new patch. The first time I downloaded it, I got an error that said, "Error found in file all\arma2oa.exe.#oa"

So I deleted that patch and downloaded another one from a different website, and now this one says, "Error found in file EXPANSION\ADDONS\anims_e.pbo"

If I press "ignore" it will just move on and have another error on another file, and I can ignore again and again and it does it with a dozen or more files. Also behind the error, in the patch window, it says, "error xdelta3 returned error code: 1".

What should I do?

C2D oc 3.5

4 gig ddr2

hd5870

ssd

latest drivers

win 7, 64 bit (I tried running as administrator and without)

game is DVD version

I have Arma 2 and OA, but no DLC.

Edited by Pummel

I have the same problem , downloaded the patch again from an other source ----after reinstailing both games , same error

now I get ''Error compiling pixel shader PSSSSMSpecularAlpha:1'' and cant play at all

I am using win 7 64

dvd ver

no dlc

Yes same thing. I haven't been able to play since the update :(

Steam, no steam?

Beta patch used before? Updated your launch path?

Rpt?

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/arma.RPT

How do you think people can help you, if you provide no info.

arma 2 is steam with latest patch. OA is non steam previous patch. no beta patches. every time i try to install the newest patch i get said error.

i tried reinstalling oa with a different directory but i still couldnt install the newest patch. i downloaded the file twice from two different sources.

maybe i should uninstall it again and delete any BI files from my registry. then install and give it another shot.

It's been over a week since I could play this game...

Something else I tried was to shut down all background apps like virus and firewall etc. It didn't help. I think I have already provided all the other necessary info. RPT seems pointless seeing as that is generated when the game runs and the failure to patch all happens outside of the game.

Edited by Pummel

Obviously your install is corrupted Pummel. This normally happens if you RAM or HDD is faulty.

There are many many threads in here what to do next or even in the BIKI.

I don't agree with any of that, but I'll go through the trouble of re-installing just to disprove it.

You would have to do it manually and carefully. Run "regedit", press F3, and type in bohemia, and find each entry and remove it. Just be careful, you can mess your computer up if you make any mistakes in regedit.

A re-install will not help, when your RAM or HDD is faulty.

A re-install will not help, when your RAM or HDD is faulty.

There's nothing wrong with my RAM or HDD. Please don't post again in this thread. You should not be giving technical advice to people.

sorted by possibility of cause

1. damaged install, full reinstall needed (usually solves all issues)

2. rights issues (try start patch via "run as administrator")

3. not enough free space on target / temp / os drives

4. cpu/memory problems (overclock, hw failure)

5. some anvivirus security suite in way

Thanks I'll post back when I've tried a reinstall.

got mine to work!This is how.

1. Uninstall ArmA 2 and all expansions.

2. Open 'regedit' from W7 Start menu search.

3. Search for "bohemia interactive" in regedit. delete entries. (becareful deleted entries in regedit can harm your system. do your research before you modify your registry. i made a system restore point)

4. Install ArmA 2. Patch to 1.09

5. Install ArmA 2: Operation Arrowhead.

6. Install British Armed Forces and Private Military Company (or ArmA 2: Reinforcements)

7. Patch to 1.59

8. Enjoy :-)

Not saying this can work for all. but it worked for me.

Yeah re-install fixed it for me too. Not sure what would cause the original install to become messed up. The game was working perfectly so I doubt it was corrupted, and if it was, it's the only thing to be corrupted. Everything else is working fine.

got mine to work!This is how.

1. Uninstall ArmA 2 and all expansions.

2. Open 'regedit' from W7 Start menu search.

3. Search for "bohemia interactive" in regedit. delete entries. (becareful deleted entries in regedit can harm your system. do your research before you modify your registry. i made a system restore point)

4. Install ArmA 2. Patch to 1.09

5. Install ArmA 2: Operation Arrowhead.

6. Install British Armed Forces and Private Military Company (or ArmA 2: Reinforcements)

7. Patch to 1.59

8. Enjoy :-)

Not saying this can work for all. but it worked for me.

This worked for me , Thank you so much