minimalaco

Clafghan Map 20x20 Beta Release

Hello mates!

I am working on final mask and I read that some people have relatives over current area... it would be great if someone can send me some hi res ground pics to prepare some reliable ground textures...

As you might guess I have downloaded HD ground pics from free resources websites and thus is difficult to match colors, forms and overall scale to get reliable grounds...

It would be great if someone could gather about 10 HD pics (preferably more than 2000 x 2000 pixels) from a same area, so i can make a good looking composition regarding valleys grounds, middle hills and so...

These pics must be taken as if you were standing over the ground -a flying cam just on top of ground-, preferably at high noon to get full color range avoiding unwanted shadows...

I just ask for some like this at my own community, but a Venezuelan friend of mine only could send me reddish clay earth... which would be perfect for vietnamese grounds (!)

Minimalaco and I want to get different looks for different main valleys...

making a nice mask is tricky sometimes but we are doing this with a lot of dedication... we have enjoyed this as much as playing...

here you can have a look at what I'm talking about...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/29354888@N05/6119274194/sizes/l/in/photostream/

Edited by Robster

looks great, what kind of frame rate we talking? around Takistan's?

I've typically been seeing better than Takistan on my machine (even with 30+ people). This map is very well done.

Edited by Zirkle

It is in fact 20x20 km. It feels MUCH larger due to the hills. Especially in helicopters.

It is in fact 20x20 km. It feels MUCH larger due to the hills. Especially in helicopters.

And even larger when you take into account that choppers can reach maximum heights of approx. 1500-1600m in ArmA... And with snow barely starting at 1800, you'll have to either walk long, long time through hills or use Osprey-kind-of thing... xD

how the hell did I not see this before? it's looking pretty epic, although I was never too sure about one thing:

How well do OPX objects fit into the graphical level of ArmA2? Don't they kinda break the overal impression by being lowres or missing some special A2 related visual features?

I'm not trying to disrespect Opteryxes work at all, I loved his ArmA1 additions, I'm just asking.

how the hell did I not see this before? it's looking pretty epic, although I was never too sure about one thing:

How well do OPX objects fit into the graphical level of ArmA2? Don't they kinda break the overal impression by being lowres or missing some special A2 related visual features?

I'm not trying to disrespect Opteryxes work at all, I loved his ArmA1 additions, I'm just asking.

They are actually perfect, and also the fact that they are really good on performance makes me think that all desert maps should switch over to using mainly those objects.

I think your missing Icebreakr and several others.

Of course, there are amazing map makers all over the forum, I meant the three afghan-map musketeers, for having a personal preference for Afghan- style maps.

But i have to say there are islands second to none, such as Panthera, Fallujah, etc.

Thanks all map makers for their great maps and amazing skills and dedication!!!

by the way, was there a fourth Afghan-map musketeer? Bad Benson or something like that? sorry if I am wrong ;)

Edited by -=Borz=-
forgot Dartagnan

Of course, there are amazing map makers all over the forum, I meant the three afghan-map musketeers, for having a personal preference for Afghan- style maps.

But i have to say there are islands second to none, such as Panthera, Fallujah, etc.

Thanks all map makers for their great maps and amazing skills and dedication!!!

by the way, was there a fourth Afghan-map musketeer? Bad Benson or something like that? sorry if I am wrong ;)

You certainly seem to have missed the wonderful Tora Bora map by "Chill xl":

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=111987

[youtube ]i7J8gr3R4nM[/youtube ]

This is pure win!

That means we'll get rivers actualy going downhill from mountains on your map?

Edited by Foxhound
Do not quote videos!!

;2024388']This is pure win!

That means we'll get rivers actualy going downhill from mountains on your map?

Yep, and caves :p

eee

Do you all remember when I said we would release this one within this month????

wahahahaha!!!!

Mini has gone crazy... and he won't let this go yet... not so soon... ;)

wmf7A6xB1Ec

EDIT: Do not bother please! this is WIP .... Saludos Saludetes !!!!

Edited by Robster

You certainly seem to have missed the wonderful Tora Bora map by "Chill xl":

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=111987

you are right man, thanks for the link. Great map too!!

Since there are only 3 musketeers and 1 Dartagnan, we will have to call Chill Xl then "Capitan trueno".

Thanks for that rocky terrain, Capitan trueno.

Please guys, consider a mega map jointly. It will be awesome.

please do not let this addon die..

Die? It is near completion and has a very active community playing on it all the time.

Rather, please don't let them keep it to themselves because there are a still one or two floating trees on a mountainside somewhere.

Its not in danger of dieing, don't worry about that. ;)