Robster and I are glad to release Clafghan BETA version, after being stuck for couple of months. So we made our last effort and here you have it.
This map is 20x20 Kms. Based upon Kunar Province in Afghanistan, but this one deploys different structures that don't belong to the real area and we added them just to bring them for the sake of joy, therefore if you see a five floors building over there don`t be surprise hehehe
Clafghan map actually has:
- An airport at (very) extreme south of map (Automatic landing is OK, but IA taxiways is still pending)
- Main valley at north, where most of structures are found and a river (walkable)
- 3 valleys going south from main valley
- Road network everywhere, drive carefully in mountains roads.
- 5-6 little FOBs in the middle of the mountains, some of them just for infantry, and 3 left for heli ops.
- Several villages in mountain areas.
- River going down from a higher valley (not finished yet, perhaps in a future update, it wasn't priority right now).
- Many interesting zones for some good ol'dirty firefights between mountanis
Further update (final release):
- populate with plantations and villages most part of north main valley
- change trees in some areas to keep it not so tedious
- add 8-12 little mountain villages
- Custom sounds according to different zones and heights
- Add mountain horizon over 360 degrees view
- Adjust and peform better masks for grounds and clutter
- Add some tips or suggestions provided by community
- Keeping to pay attention to more details...
- When loading map in editor appears a warning about “wall3.p3d” (config.bin error inside razmisc pbo: correct name would be “wall_3.p3d”), if Opteryx give us permission to modify that in pbo, it should dessapear in our next release. Anyways, it isn't really a major problem nor it doesn't gives any trouble ingame, since this particular object wasn't used.
- This one was suppoused to become Korengal Valley, and by the time I started with this project I didn't know that Ebanks was working over there... till Mini told me, so we decided to keep going with a slightly different idea in mind
- Thus, Pech Valley was expanded by 20x to open space for our Clafghan north valley.
- Former heights were reduced to comply with ArmA specs
- An airport wasn't there when beginning, so do not bother saying it is remarkably outplaced... since it is indeed
- Columdrum for his sloped ponds and Randy Stratton for providing this concept
- Mikebart for his excelent vegetation and rocks
- Opteryx, for his permission to use his ArmA objects
- Homer Johnston for his Roadpainter
- Danielle Pistollato AKA Shezan74 for his World Tools
- Bushlurker, Mondkalb, Mikero, Kinno and Icebreakr for providing us with constant advice and help
- Redloto, Guyo y Spets from www.arma2la.com
- And everyone at BIS for providing us with such creative engine and endless hours of excitement
- Also we have to thank to all guys from =TFB= Task Forces Blackjack for their closer support and ideas dealing with building some areas (to be included in final release)
Download HERE (All pbo's Included):
Clafghan Beta Version 1.1
Just a minor update before our Alpha release:
- Grid system
- Medical tent at Camp Branca, so mission makers can setup their own
- Airport taxiways by Bushlurker
- SILVIE & ALICE (expansion)
- OA Mountain Horizon & Overcast
- Scene Intro by Tupolov
Only Clafghan pbo: http://dl.dropbox.co...han.beta.1.1.7z
Edited by Minimalaco, 16 February 2012 - 06:15.