I think he more meant a general CQB-mode, so pretty much just looking over the sights to be able to maintain the usefulness of ACOG-equipped rifles somewhat at close range. :)

Yeah, check how, for example, ACE did it. You roughly aim a fiber's width above the fiber, and, well, fire!

Has it already been decided what air-to-ground weapons Finnish Hornets will receive? There has been talks about Mavericks I think but no decision has been made yet. Nevertheless we'll most likely create air-to-ground variant of Hornet for next version. In the meantime you can add BIS Mavericks using removeWeapon and addWeapon commands in editor.

EDIT:

According to Wikipedia, Finns have selected at least AGM-154 aka JSOW.

Yep, JSOW was flown on an FAF Hornet a while back. Technically mounting air-to-ground weapons on a Hornet would be very simple, as the missile launchers and fuel tanks used on the fighter mount under a bomb rack. So you'd only need the bombs and possibly the software, if it isn't in there already.

Errors after quickly going through the stuff, minor things so far (some have been reported already).

F-18:

1. Canopy has far too wide movement range and moves far too fast.

2. Wont let me eject whilst stationary... or doesn't eject at all in ACE.

3. Rudder turns the wrong way.

4. As already mentioned, the medium setting on flaps doesn't work.

5. No airbrake; instead, the leading-edge flaps seem to react to braking.

6. Few model errors, namely missing a few small things.

7. Main gear colliding with fuselage during gear up/down. Generally, a good animation, tho'.

8. Fuel tank colliding with main gear doors.

9. Dual pylon AMRAAM tail fins colliding. Even with the non-clipped AIM-120B, there's sufficient clearance to carry 4 -120s missiles per wing.

10. Wrong launcher/missile configuration for AMRAAMs, I've personally not ever seen a single-pylon AIM-120 launcher on an F-18, only dual pylons (sometimes without the launcher on the other side). Not sure if you can fit the LAU-127/128 like in F-16, tho'...

11. Sidewinder having a pre-AIM-9L model, whilst the texture saying it's a -9X and the menu saying it's an -9L.

NH-90:

1. Main rotor spinning the wrong way.

Leo2:

1. Not a bug per se, but the loader is a bit... exposed.

All in all, excellent work! Can't wait to see the upcoming versions, spent years playing the OFP version back in the days.

Simply awesome. I too have found memories from OFP. Thanks for the release!

Thanks for the release guys,its awesome.

Don't know if this was reported yet but

- there are no subtitles shown so I don't know what's going on (russian version of the game)

- voices are way too loud

- in M00 it looks like a plane and a chopper (or whatever there is in the background) crash into trees

Are we going to get SANLA for requesting fire missions like in the good old OFP FDFMOD?

Nice mod btw!

Don't know if this was reported yet but

- there are no subtitles shown so I don't know what's going on (russian version of the game)

Try setting language to English from game options & make sure you have subs enabled.

Loving the campaign guys.

This mod just as solid as the good old days.

Well Done!

In polish version of Arma 2 and OA you cant select english language too :-(. So no subtitles shown wenn plaing this campaign.

This Mod and campaign are great.

Sorry for my english if its bad.

The "default" language is not used anymore in stringtable files for ArmA II.

The mission makers needs to copy and paste the sentences for all languages if they want it to work.

Examples...

What you could do in Operation Flashpoint & ArmA:

STR_language, english, french, german, russian

STR_sentence1, "hello guys"

What you have to do in ArmA II:

STR_language, english, french, german, russian

STR_sentence1, "Hello guys", "Hello guys", "Hello guys", "Hello guys"

If BI could fix it, it would be nice...

BI won't as it would make possible to circumvent their language lock.

In addition to that I'd recommend a look into stringtable.xml rather than stringtable.csv (which I'm unfortunately a complete newbie at myself).

They are referenced the exactly same way in the config files, so no need to change those, but stringtable.csv doesn't support localization properly in ArmA2 afaik.

Thanks. I was under the impression that OA had no localized versions. I will try to fix the problem with polish and russian subtitles.

@ Blake

Did you define all languages? Arma no longer has a default fall back.

Just copy the English text to all languages in the XML.

Did you miss this one?

@Blake

I will try to fix the problem with polish and russian subtitles.

Did you miss this one?

Does it really matter if he did? He knows about it now.

So, I've been now playing FDF few times, and I've to join to other community fellas, that it's awesome. Units, vehicles, everything absolutely great!

If there is something to nag, then perhaps the Leopard, as it feels to be quite sensitive to small caliber fire. I haven't played yet the campaign, so I can't say anything about those earlier mentioned mission issues there. I'll add more, if I find something.

But then the question: do you FDF-guys have any plans to add winter camo units or vehicles in the future? We still have a lots of snow currently in Finland, despite Spring is coming, and so snow and winter just belongs to FDF and Finland by the nature, can't change that ;-)

There's a damn blizzard out there right now >.<

Also it would be cool to play with FDF on Thirsk winter.

Am I the only one who think the missions in the campaign are way too hard?

Lol, we and friend got stuck on the bridge one... lead guy kept dying. We were using GL4 on high difficulty (80% accuracy+), turned it off and still got stuck!

Looked pretty well made though :).

Am I the only one who think the missions in the campaign are way too hard?

Some of them are bugged and reinforcements and/or allied units won't move, so they are harder in reality than thay planned. It happened to me in two levels.

I am still waiting for a 1.1 version.

I made a video of FDF first mission in the campaign

Should I continue? Showing all FDF missions :j:? or did someone else already recorded all FDF missions?

iUmLVcu8n7g

Yeah, I made too one day when playing with 3 friends, you may notice that on STHud there's only 2 but that is because 2 are dead and it's only me with Col.Gordon.
The AI is insanely accurate sometimes on the campaign but on normal scenarios it is fine.
Even on the lowest difficulty Edited by Zipper5
Fixed YouTube embedding

For the recrecord, the AI skill slider is set to middle in the missions.