Sign in to follow this  
andrea0373

F/A-18 Super Hornet

I am still cracking at it... and had some success tonight. It is a start but I am still getting some errors with some of the scripts.. so it is not completely done yet. But I got wheels off the deck.. so that must be good..

arma2OA2011-03-1421-49-29-26.jpg

arma2OA2011-03-1421-51-26-29.jpg

/drool

Beautiful… F/A-18 Hornet has always been one of my fav jets.

=^.^=,,,

Edited by kage74

Nice work there Meatball0311. Should get in touch with [GLT]Myke about weapon configs or if you got any questions about some of them scripts, im sure he will help you out for some of them issue. Keep the goods going.

Nice! And mysterious map also looks cool... xD

Hope to see it in full glory soon, good luck!

PS: I guess this is E version so VMFA markings doesn't really fit since Marines use only A/B/C/D models... ;] Just little something picked by my eye ;P

;1874691']Nice! And mysterious map also looks cool... xD

Hope to see it in full glory soon' date=' good luck!

PS: I guess this is E version so VMFA markings doesn't really fit since Marines use only A/B/C/D models... ;'] Just little something picked by my eye ;P

good eye ;) sorry I am a Marine and everything will be MARINE.. :D

@Darkhorse 1-6

nice try.. please try again. I do believe this map has never been released.. kinda testing it out for a friend.

@1in1class

Thanks for the advice and I have been in touch with Myke (who I must say has been very helpful) and things sound good is all I can say... :)

Just to let you all know I am new to modeling and am working on this the fastest I can. I wanted to upload some videos today, but the upload process was taking too long.. will try again later. andrea0373 and I are communicating and hopefully we can get this bird in flight without errors soon. Will touch base later.. thanks for all your support.

Thanks to Franze who really put this thing together beautifully!!!

Are you doing only the E variant? or is the F going to be redone too?

Lol... I know the map now - after having pleasure to take a little tour yesterday ;] I love the mountains up north xD

And yes - +3861359 for both versions!

29 Palms?

;)

Hey Max255[PL], did you hear about the 'Breaking News'????

*******BREAKING NEWS***********

Since the War on Terrorism, the United States Marine Corps has over the decade added some important assets to its powerful arsenal. This has included the creation of Marine Special Operations Teams, which are apart of Special Operations Command. The USMC will now do a service to its Marine/Fighter Attack Squadrons (VMFA), and transition from the F/A-18D Hornet to the F/A-18F Super Hornet. This will start with VMFA (AW)-533 and the transition will be completed by 2015. ;)

(I love realism also, so I looked into making a F/A-18D model, but my modelling skills arent at that stage yet my friend.. so the USMC will now fly the F/A-18F Super Hornet :yay:)

This is what I have in mind to do:

USN VFA-136 KnightHawks

F/A-18E and F/A-18F

USMC VMFA (AW)-533

F/A-18F

This is a WIP so I cant give any deadlines, but I can assure you that I personally want to see these aircraft ingame SOON! I still have to fix some script errors and make textures, and rvmats for the units. I am putting a lot of time into this, so be aware that I am trying my best. Once again thank you to all who are following this.

Edited by Meatball0311

*******BREAKING NEWS***********

Since the War on Terrorism, the United States Marine Corps has over the decade added some important assets to its powerful arsenal. This has included the creation of Marine Special Operations Teams, which are apart of Special Operations Command. The USMC will now do a service to its Marine/Fighter Attack Squadrons (VMFA), and transition from the F/A-18D Hornet to the F/A-18F Super Hornet. This will start with VMFA (AW)-533 and the transition will be completed by 2015. ;)

First time I see this.

I read somewhere recently that USMC will buy F-35C to replace some of the Hornets. Also I remember some info that Corp doesn't want E/F versions because it'll be too costly having next gen in perspective.

So this news are a bit of surprise to me...

Its okay this game isnt the real world ;p but some real units would be nice especially the black knights so we can do an "Independance day" :P

USMC ordered the J-35B and have never even considered the Super Hornet.

Per Y11 Marine Aviation Plan, VMFA-533 will keep their Hornets until the airframes reach EOL as projected under SLMP and then transition to the JSF. Which isn't likely to happen before the projected EOL mark in 2019 for the Delta Hornets and 2020+ for the Charlie Hornets. Source: http://www.aviationweek.com/media/pdf/Check6/FY11MarineAviationPlan.pdf

Yup, that's the one.

Mind if I ask for the source Meatball? ;P

Heheheheehehehehehhe... I thought you guys would understand that it was a joke. I made it up, to explain the reason why I am going to use the F/A-18F

(I love realism also, so I looked into making a F/A-18D model, but my modelling skills arent at that stage yet my friend.. so the USMC will now fly the F/A-18F Super Hornet )

In real life the Marines are using the F/A-18D and in this addon they will be flying F/A-18F

Sorry to confuse you guys.. :)

Lol... np.

What about EA-18G? Someone could script something to simulate electronic warfare capabilities (I have some ideas, though poor scripting skills), only skin would be required. It'd be a complete family then...

@ Meatball I have a C and D var i have done, maybe some colab on a few things,.just Message me