Sign in to follow this  
DAP

S.t.a.l.k.e.r. mod

And will the update for fashion?

Maybe bandits and killers :) And some mutants, like flesh and wild boar :) I have source, but not have enough "skill" :) Trying do something with this :)

I think the controller can be transferred to Arma 2, but with other mutants strained ((

Maybe bandits and killers :) And some mutants, like flesh and wild boar :) I have source, but not have enough "skill" :) Trying do something with this :)

I know nothing about it, but wouldn't it be possible *just* (:eek:) to "paste" in the model of a Flesh or Boar to the BIS boar or dog, as it already has (simple) animations and such. Or failing that, somehow drape the textures from Stalker onto those models...

Just a wild thought.

By the way in the mission all blind dogs encountered are just stationary. Not attacking. If I use the module in the editor, however, it works fine.

Also when using West Freedom stalker, starting as player, it starts with G36 but with wrong ammo!

Good luck!

I know nothing about it, but wouldn't it be possible *just* (:eek:) to "paste" in the model of a Flesh or Boar to the BIS boar or dog, as it already has (simple) animations and such. Or failing that, somehow drape the textures from Stalker onto those models...

Just a wild thought.

By the way in the mission all blind dogs encountered are just stationary. Not attacking. If I use the module in the editor, however, it works fine.

Also when using West Freedom stalker, starting as player, it starts with G36 but with wrong ammo!

Good luck!

About blind dogs - download last version (all links updated). About wrong ammo - maybe you use some weapon mod? I check it now, and all was fine, when i played as stalker form FREEDOM.

Woah!

This really feels like the Stalker-game, just ported to our beloved Arma! :)

But, did I - by any chance - miss some controls like talking to other characters or polluting the environment with rusty old bolts?

I don't get it. If I wanted to play stalker, I'd play stalker.

It's not like you're using custom models or anything, all of those models are from stalker. In fact, this is missing a lot of the functionality, charm and visuals of the stalker game. So frankly, I don't see the point.

LOL, no ones stopping you :j:

It's not like you're using custom models or anything, all of those models are from stalker. In fact, this is missing a lot of the functionality, charm and visuals of the stalker game. So frankly, I don't see the point.

Same as when people make useless unproductive comments

This series has always allowed people with the skills to mod the game how they see fit.

Its free, it interested him/her and you dont have to play it if you dont want to.

Please do, it'll give you something to do instead of being a dick.

just DLed your mod. its awesome to see. however i have a couple questions about the bundled mission.

is there some way to know where an anomaly is? it beeps, but with out bolts, visual ques or something elce it makes it very very hard to get around. you dont know if its directly in front of you, or if its 20m behind.

healing. is there some self heal script or is there a "med kit" item that you can find? i ran into a small bit of radiation and just those few seconds of exposure was more than enough to injure.

and in general, how do you deal with radiation?

Edited by That guy

just DLed your mod. its awesome to see. however i have a couple questions about the bundled mission.

is there some way to know where an anomaly is? it beeps, but with out bolts, visual ques or something elce it makes it very very hard to get around. you dont know if its directly in front of you, or if its 20m behind.

healing. is there some self heal script or is there a "med kit" item that you can find? i ran into a small bit of radiation and just those few seconds of exposure was more than enough to injure.

and in general, how do you deal with radiation?

About visuals: harder to detect anomaly without visual elements. But better for gameplay :) You MUST watch your step :) You MUST be careful, if you want to live :) Always check detectors signals and move forward carefully.

About bolts and medikits: Right now i work with this features and anti-rad :)

About radiation: Radiation is dangerous. This is fact. Radiation causes irreversible changes in the human body. And you can't hear it, you can't see it, you can't feel it, until will be too late. But for better gameplay i will add anti-rad in mod :)

DAP thou shalt make kits?(аптечки)

Edited by Haki2033

DAP please don't take any notice of this bull*. Ridiculous comment. We are a lot that really appreciates your efforts.

You're right DAP I use ACEX, maybe that is interfering. Sorry for writing without disabling mods first.

I never played the real Stalker for real, but I like the idea of invisible anomalies. Fun to navigate, and often it is possible to "sense" the circumference just by listening to the beeps.

Little progress report :)

Bolt in action :)

sAWac7Tkgmc

Now, that sir, is some very fine piece of work! :)

If you could add a little extra of character ineraction, like a trader, one would feel less "lost". Being lonely in the heat is perfectly cool and adds to the atmosphere, but little spots of civilization like outposts with actual interaction will probably add to this, as it increases the contrast between "out there" and "in here".

:eek:

How thrilling!!!Even the bolt stays on Earth!!And what about the limitations of the bolts?

radiation kills and drains over a long long period of time. not in a matter of seconds... but the arma engine just is not suited to modeling the effects of radiation in a suitable way...

in fact no game really does it well... i would say lower the time radiation kills, but then it has no threat... its a careful balance. maybe lower the damage done, but keep the screen blurring effect after you have left the radiated area

its just annoying to hit a small patch of radiation, get a little hurt, back off, only to hit a couple more small patches of radiation for a few seconds and die.

Would you prefer surviving it, and then waiting a few days and dying suddenly after a vomit fit? of course you' can't model radiation poisoning in a game.

besides, this mod is hardly realistic.

How thrilling!!!Even the bolt stays on Earth!!And what about the limitations of the bolts?

I think that's fairly obvious. You don't have an unlimited supply and you can't always set off every anomaly.

radiation kills and drains over a long long period of time. not in a matter of seconds...

Say it for guys in atomic submarines :) They know - if their reactor will be heavy damaged, they all will be dead very-very soon. Strong radiation can kill human in few seconds. His body just will decay. When in one Soviet submarine reactor was damaged, one sailor go in there and try repair it. He died in few minutes. Right on hands of his mates.

I think that's fairly obvious. You don't have an unlimited supply and you can't always set off every anomaly.

Bolts will be in two versions: limited (default) and unlimited (set by variable "DAP_BOLTS_UNLIMITED")

Status report:

- Bolts - work

- Medkit - work

- Antirad - work

- Fixed stalkers neck-bug

- Fix mincer missing script

- Reworked blind dogs

Now fixing:

- Anomalies spawn artefacts when you throw bolts in there :)

Edited by DAP

DAP you gonna replace the texture from the blind dogs? if not somehow (нереалиÑтично) to see how outside normal dog runs (овчарка)))

DAP you gonna replace the texture from the blind dogs? if not somehow (нереалиÑтично) to see how outside normal dog runs (овчарка)))

No. It impossible for me now :)

Current state:

- All new features work (bolts,medkit,antirad)

- Reworked some anomalies

- Reworked dogs

- Fixed stalkers neck-bug

- Anomalies not spawn artefacts if player throw bolts in there.

- Demo mission updated (added new features and some new surprises)

Now it ready for release, but i think about stalkers models :) Right now i try to fix their arms and legs :) Maybe wait until it will be fixed? :)

DAP will wait for the fix!

Edited by Haki2033

Now it ready for release, but i think about stalkers models :) Right now i try to fix their arms and legs :) Maybe wait until it will be fixed? :)

Release now!!! :D

No. It impossible for me now :)

hmm, been bored and gave it a try using the original stalker texture (since GSC is always very generous with their content). Turned out to be quite okay, if it just wasnt for the shitload of broken seams - texturing w/o having o² installed totally sucks.

Will provide layered .psd if desired, for someone with insight in uvmaps and buldozer getting rid of the white spots and sharp borders should be a walk in the park ... but i´m off of that :butbut:

Woow, what a Mutant Dog. ;)

@DAP

Thx. for using my G3 Project on your Work.

i wish this was a mp campaign. i just dont have patience for sp campaigns any more.