Sign in to follow this  
Chaostika7-17th

Paul Hardcastle | Boys To War, 25th Anniversary Edition

mfrickard @ youtube wrote:

This was powerful 25 years ago. This new version just blows you away. It just shows that no one has learnt a thing.

P1N4ENCV7xE

somehow my embedding doesnt work :eek:

check out the link then

ps: maybe a mod could fix it, thx in advanced & nice weekend @ll

Edited by Chaostika7-17th
The "secret Room" 4 Musicfinds

Fix for ya ;)

You just need the code at the end between the youtube tags.

P1N4ENCV7xE

Geez that long ago the original!! :eek:

Seems very anti-war to me. There is one assertion, that of the average age of the combatant being 26 during WW2 and just 19 in Vietnam. I've walked many WW2 cemeteries of most major combatants in the Netherlands, Belgium and Germany. I'd estimate that most of the tombstones are of 19 to 21 year olds. Many joined up before they were of legal age (17 for the US at the time).

It's also easy to come up with the reason for this offset.

In World War I, which the U.S. entered in 1917, the National Guard made up 40% of the U.S. combat divisions in France; in World War II, National Guard units were among the first to deploy overseas and the first to fight.
In the US, 45 years of age was the cut-off for drafting and enlisting. Of course, when national guard and reserve units were activated, many soldiers were over that age and stayed with their units.

The average age for the US fighting man in WW2 was 26, as opposed to 21 in WW1 and 19 in Vietnam.

18 National Guard divisions fought in the ETO during WW2, while only 23,000 Guardsmen were called up for a years service and only 8,700 were actually deployed to Vietnam during the entire Vietnam conflict. That's less than one division for the entire conflict.

During the war, the US force in Vietnam was at it's greatest at 536,000 in 1968. That means that even if all of the 8,700 Guardsmen had been deployed at once, they wouldn't have made up more than 2% of the total number of troops. That meant that the main forcepool for Vietnam were draftees. It's only logical that you end up with an extremely young force that way as they are far more likely to be physically fit than a 45 year old, and by drafting them, you aren't taking away skilled laborers that your industry needs.

Technically correct, but very short sighted as these anti-war videos usually are. Justification of pacifism by leaving out the reason for this offset. Powerful, if you're looking to laugh at pacifist rubbish. Even if it was all meant to be serious, fact-checked, the CoD box at the end showed the real intention of the creator. Add to the anti-war sentiment by making soldiers look like violence craving barely legal idiots that can see the distinction between gaming and real life. What a piece of rubbish.

Edited by JdB

Even if it was all meant to be serious, fact-checked, the CoD box at the end showed the real intention of the creator.

with no offend, maybe if u would have heard, what he sang when that cod cover was shown up...:"war isn't a game" then i and u ,just would have saved some lill time heheeehe....ovious NOT the real intention in my opinion...but nevermind....the earth still is turning wether u or i or who every sees it that way. totally agree with the rest of yours.

guess the vid is of hardcastle him self and not fanmade?!?

neverlesss, the main thing which one should NOT forget whiles watchn only "allied casuallties" vids.....that there should also be some vids with good musik showing "the other side",

where all INNOCENT victims of any war)s) "caused" by which country ever, also are "displayed" :cool:

for examlpe our intro i did (very, very semi pro) about "the beast" called homosapiens ......... and his wars:

Intro Info

Content:

Scene 1)

"War - The beast human being"

Music: Hans Zimmer - "Maintheme Black Hawk Down"

Gortoz A Ran- J'Attends - Danez Prigent - Lisa Gerrard

Scene 2)

"The two World Wars"

Musik: Hans Zimmer - "Maintheme Black Hawk Down"

Scene 3)

"Wars of the 20th Century "

Musik: Edwin Star - "War"

Scene 4)

"[uDDP] Member | Claninfo"

Musik: Slayer & Ice-T - "Disorder" of the Original

Movie Soundtrack: Judgement Night

Musik: Daniel Lioneye - "The King of Rock'n Roll"

This "Intro" is dedicated to the victims of all wars. Exspecially to those Men and Women, that gave their youth, their future, their everything, so we, you and everybody could live in "Peace".

May their death and sorrow be a warning to us all and always be remembered!

Length: 14 Minutes

Update: 31.08.2008

Version: 1.9.1 beta 2

Size: 15 Mb

Inhalt :

Sene 1)

"Der Krieg - Die Bestie Mensch"

Szene 2)

"Die zwei Weltkriege"

Szene 3)

"Kriege des 20. Jahunderts"

Musik: Edwin Star - "War"

Szene 4)

"[uDDP] Member | Claninfo"

Musik: Slayer & Ice-T - "Disorder" von der Original

Filmmusik: Judgement Night

Musik: Daniel Lioneye - "The King of Rock'n Roll"

Das "Intro" ist den Opfern aller Kriege gewidmet. Besonders den Männern und Frauen, die ihre Jugend, ihre Zukunft und ihr Leben gaben, damit Du, ich, und wir alle in "Frieden" leben konnten.

Möge ihr Tod und ihr Leid uns allen eine Mahnung sein,und nie vergessen werden!

Laufzeit: 14 Minuten

Update: 31.08.2008

Version: 1.9.1 beta 2

Grösse: 15 Mb

take a seat, some popcorn and a beer aaaaaaaaaand turn up the volume for the 4 songs, sir

cinema.jpg

english intro movie

very old version 2007 with bad fad'n cuts but enough for the 3 scenes and the "INTENSION"

or

deutsches intro movie

new version 2009, better music fades + free "dictators addon|dlc" heheee and new server ip's n members

sooooooooo, although we also have pics of games in our intro movie, i think that those intensions 4 shore are also not, just like u discribed with hardcastle's intensions, "a show of the "real" intention of the creator(s)". anyway

....in rock and bis'n dedi servers + mods we trust

:slayer2:

nice weekend @ll

The repetitive "19!" and the little chirp sound effect made me feel like I was watching an old Sesame Street segment. I kept expecting the count to pop up at any moment.

Kind of reminded me of the "12" song back in the day.

presenting the boss rc-50 & 300

013968-boss-rc-300-loop_1_5.jpg

v3Pc4y2vAMg

89LeVbFVpfM

QJvTT-x8ZAI

@ mods: please change topicname to 'The "secret Room" 4 Musicfinds' ...... thx m8's .... and keep up da good jobs

over and out

Personally think the vietnam version is much more powerful when you consider the different situations that the soldiers where put through.