Photo
- - - - -

Adding custom music, creating campaigns etc.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Cyper

Cyper

Gunnery Sergeant

• Members
  • 411 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 10:22 AM

Hi people,

I am currently working on my first campaign, called Operation Dead Fox and
I've just started out to create my own missions in arma but I have a few questions. First off, how to I add custom music/soundtracks? It seems like I don't get it working properly!

This is how I've done:

Documents/ArmaA/missions

I wanted to put music into the mission named ''01%20-%20Taking%20the%20airfield.Sara''
So I put this in a text document and saved it as ''Description.ext''

class CfgSounds
{
// List of sounds (.ogg files without the .ogg extension)
sounds[] = {ageofwar};

// Definition for each sound
class ageofwar
{
name = "ageofwar"; // Name for mission editor
sound[] = {\sound\ageofwar.ogg, 1, 1.0};
titles[] = {};
};

};

I placed a map called ''Sound'' in that folder, containing a file called ''ageofwar.ogg'' (it should be .ogg, right?) Then, I started the game and choosed the appropiate mission and used a trigger in the mission editor, and in ''on act'' i wrote ''playSound ageofwar".

But it doesn't work. I got no error message or anything, but I can't simply hear the sound.

Another question I have is: How to I make soldiers sit down? What's the script for that?

And finally, how do I save all my created missions as a campaign?

EDIT: Another thing I wonder!

1. How do I create text conversations ingame?

2. I am currently creating a mission where you have to find a POW. I use 'Trigger' to indicate when you find him. However, ammidiately after you've found him, I want a ''Move to'' point to pop up.. but how do I do that? This would mean that when you walk into the trigger area, a ''move to'' point would pop up.

Edited by Cyper, 15 February 2011 - 12:52 PM.

#2 ck-claw

ck-claw

Warrant Officer

• Members
  • 2650 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 11:09 PM

I placed a map called ''Sound'' in that folder, containing a file called ''ageofwar.ogg'' (it should be .ogg, right?) Then, I started the game and choosed the appropiate mission and used a trigger in the mission editor, and in ''on act'' i wrote ''playSound ageofwar".

Been awhile since i put music into missions!

When you say 'map' i assume you mean folder called 'sound' in the mission folder?
Then within that a file called:- ''ageofwar.ogg'' ?
Then instead of the 'on atc' part:- click 'effects' bottom left of the trigger!
Then under one of the options-might be track? if you've setup the desription.ext correct you should see you .ogg sound file listed and select that! :cool:

Posted Image

How Ppl Treat Me Is Their Path, How I Respond Is Mine...

Yet another white-knight who parachuted himself into the thread without using the search function. :party:

#3 Cyper

Cyper

Gunnery Sergeant

• Members
  • 411 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 01:11 PM

Been awhile since i put music into missions!

When you say 'map' i assume you mean folder called 'sound' in the mission folder?
Then within that a file called:- ''ageofwar.ogg'' ?
Then instead of the 'on atc' part:- click 'effects' bottom left of the trigger!
Then under one of the options-might be track? if you've setup the desription.ext correct you should see you .ogg sound file listed and select that! :cool:

I downloaded and used ''ArmA editor'' when I created my Description.ext
But it doesn't seems to work anyway. I can't understand what I'm doing wrong.

Inside the mission map, I got the description.ext document, plus a folder called ''sounds'', containing the proper .ogg file. However, now I can't even load the mission. Instead the game closes down and I get the message:

C:/Users/amnell/Documents/arma/missions/02%20-%20Operation%Dead%20Fox.afghan_village/description.ext, line 12: /CfgMusic/: 'S' encountered instead of '{'

EDIT: After using google for quite a time, I found the solution to the problem; I just changed the .ogg files names, to a much shorter name, with no space,and it worked perfectly. So it was not the description.ext fault!

Edited by Cyper, 27 February 2011 - 08:10 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users