Zipper5

ARMA 2 Patching FAQ

No, normal operation mode, made a full reinstall of OS including newest GFX drivers and updates to XP SP3, dx 9.29 all up to date. It's just ArmA II that refuses to be patched.

I have the german DVD 1.00 version.

ArmA OA alone does not help much theses days since CO is the MP standard.

I still have some similar problem with patching, and the only thing that works is patching in debug mod. I know another guy around here that succeeded this way too. Just my 2 cents.

I still have some similar problem with patching, and the only thing that works is patching in debug mod. I know another guy around here that succeeded this way too. Just my 2 cents.
That's strange because it worked flawless with the successive patches 2+ years ago...I will try a friends DVD with my Keycode to be sure its not a corrupted DVD. Will try to patch in debug mode too. Another stangething is that trying to start 1.00 endes always in a BSOD so far after reinstall.

Probably your RAM or HDD is faulty.

Seems like the ArmA II DVD got corrupted in the years...despite it still looks o.k. and shiny and installer says ArmA II is installed properly. The meantioned pbp. files are corrrupted obviously.

Will get me a new copy today "black edition" to spare me the update hazzle.

OA worlks fine, but as standalone user you're just that..."alone", at least online.

If you think it is the DVD, you could try to make an image file and install it from a virtual DVD drive (daemon tools).

I just aquired a copy of ArmA X including a fully patched ArmA II 1.10 No problem during installation...and I'm back.

So obviously it was a faulty DVD...but still strange because the DVD sat in it's box for 2 years because I used it only two times for an install.

Can DVDs degrade by just sitting in a box?

There are no visible scratches or something alike.

I just aquired a copy of ArmA X including a fully patched ArmA II 1.10 No problem during installation...and I'm back.

So obviously it was a faulty DVD...but still strange because the DVD sat in it's box for 2 years because I used it only two times for an install.

Can DVDs degrade by just sitting in a box?

There are no visible scratches or something alike.

You'll know when you have to install the next patch.

Having to do a new reinstall as my comptuer crashed out -

Question. I have ARMA 2 and ARMA OA -

Can I install ARMA OA directly after installing ARMA2 - Or do I need to install a patch first....before installing OA ??

Having to do a new reinstall as my comptuer crashed out -

Question. I have ARMA 2 and ARMA OA -

Can I install ARMA OA directly after installing ARMA2 - Or do I need to install a patch first....before installing OA ??

Yeah...i dont get it, but i bought the Combined Operations version and standad ArmA 2 came in version 1.06, so after that i installed Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead patch 1.59 and ArmA 2 patch 1.10....hopefully i did it right.

Hey there:

I have a buddy with the following:

Windows 7 Premium

Arma 2 1.10 from the disc version in Program Files/Bohemia Interactive/Arma 2

Arma 2 OA from steam.

I downloaded the 1.05-1.11 patch and extracted it to his Arma2 folder. When I run it, it extracts and then I get an error that the installation cannot be found or the installation is corrupt. However, Arma2 does run with no issues showing the 1.10.xxx version. I don't see the extracted files anywhere.

I ran the patch as administrator.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Edited by eLectryx

Steam version of Arma2: OA/PMC/BAF. I'm getting errors when during the 1.60 patching process. It says some .pbo file cannot be opened or was not found.

How do I fix this? I can still launch the game and it says version 1.60, but not sure if it was properly applied.

Thanks

Electryx,

I don't know if this applies to you but my ARMA 2 on disc was version 1.01

(not 1.10)

In order to bring it up to date I had to patch with 1.00 to 1.09 patch , available on home Arma 2 website then proceed from there to latest version.

The biggest deposit of patches can be found at armaholic.com they have them from the very first that were released. Great website.

Hello. I'm sorry I'm not a very avid user of forums, so I don't know where this post should be placed but:

I have Arma2, OA and Reinforcement disks. Worked fine at 1.59. Today I updated to 1.60 and the following announcement appeared:

Failed to load "C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2 REINFORCEMENTS\BAF\air_d_baf.pbo" decryption of headers failed.

When I press ok it continues to start game but in multiplayer all games are showed with question marks and I can't get in.

Let me underline that i do not have pirate versions.

Could anyone giver some sort of help please?

Use forum search please. I have it explained too many times already. :)

ive installed a vanilla version in safe mode, tried to patch it to 1.05 and i get nothing but errors. redownloaded the patches from various sites and i still get the same problems, try to run and i get either ' error whilst trying to extract' or patch is corrupt

I just purchased combined operations, installed arma 2 then OA and it runs fine and without issue, I was going to update as needed but after reading the FAQ and the posts that follow it I am a bit bugged that I might mess it up with the wrong patches etc. sorry if it is a stupid question but if anyone can confirm that I have the correct/necessary patches it would be appreciated.

I currently have installed Arma 2: Combined operations (retail version not steam etc)

I am currently downloading and intend to apply in this order:

"ARMA2OA & RFT Patch 1.59" (I assume to get the game up to 1.5*)

"ARMA 2: Combined Operations / Operation Arrowhead / Reinforcements Patch 1.60" (the notes say it applies to all listed games 1.50 - 1.60)

Is there anything else needed or are either of these not necessary?

Thanks in advance to anyone who can assist.

You only need 1.60 patch.

You only need 1.60 patch.

Excellent thanks,

that'll be less of a hassle...I wasn't sure if I could go directly from 1.06 to 1.60

So I've purchased 'Combined Operations' and after installing ARMA 2 it shows version 1.06.70710. Do I install 'Operation Arrowhead' first then use the ARMA 2 CO/OA 1.60 patch to update both?

I installed the 1.6 patch, and when I go to multiplayer in AO it stills shows all the servers with red X's, and at the bottom where it says version: it shows me having 1.6, but where it says version Required: it says 1.6 and is red, as in I don't have the correct version. But literally directly above that it says I have 1.6.

I can't access any multiplayer servers because of this and I can't think what else to do, I've already redownloaded/reinstalled the patch once.

Edit: Nevermind, got it working. I extracted the patch files but forgot to actually run them because I'm stupid.

Edited by facetious

ArmA 2 patched to beta 1.11.86734 patch, and now i can't apply 1.11. What to do?

Edit: nevermind, reinstaled ArmA 2.

Edited by sektor
solved problem

So I've purchased 'Combined Operations' and after installing ARMA 2 it shows version 1.06.70710. Do I install 'Operation Arrowhead' first then use the ARMA 2 CO/OA 1.60 patch to update both?

Install ArmA II first and then ArmA II : OA , after that it will become ArmA II : Combined Operations and you can start installing patch 1.60 , it will apply for both games, because 1.60 are can be used for ArmA II OA only and ArmA II : CO :)