Sign in to follow this  
shezan74

Fallujah 1.1

Make your own with his map.

No fun making your own missions. :p

If you know where everything is in advance, you're just making your own fun and messing around. That's what I do with Fallujah almost every day.

Shezan74, I finally got around to trying out this map and I'm pissed off that I waited so long! This is incredible. So huge and detailed, yet such awesome performance. Lots of great thoughtful touches too like crossable bridges, working streetlights etc. You must have put an incredible amount of effort into this, thanks so much. Gonna be spending a lot of time here!

The Evolution mission must be run on a dedi really as a lot of the scripts are server/client interactive.

But if you load it up and join you can play it single-handed by calling in assignments with the T menu - a vast range of randomised locations and mission types (rescue/ destroy/ assassinate/ ambush/ etc)

Shezan74, I finally got around to trying out this map and I'm pissed off that I waited so long! This is incredible. So huge and detailed, yet such awesome performance. Lots of great thoughtful touches too like crossable bridges, working streetlights etc. You must have put an incredible amount of effort into this, thanks so much. Gonna be spending a lot of time here!

Was a huge work, but i've had some satisfactions from players :)

Thank you ;)

If you know where everything is in advance, you're just making your own fun and messing around. That's what I do with Fallujah almost every day.

There are many ways to randomize things so that you never do know what you're going to come up against. I always make my own missions, and I never know what's going to happen :)

For a start, even before we talk about enemy, you can randomise your squad by giving each of them a probability of presence. That way, you never know what your crew will contain, how many or what resources you have, AT, AA etc. It makes you play slightly differently each time if you've got a different squad makeup each time. Randomise your position also and you don't even know where you'll start :D

Do the same for enemy forces, and you never know how many, what mix, where they are etc. Over all this layer a nice DAC zone over it all, and you have even more randomisation and uncertainty.

Even randomise your waypoints, so that you can control basically where you go, but you'll need to think on the ground when you get close or you'll miss your objective(s) :)

It can be done ;)

Agreed!

If you like Warfare there is Gossamer and Benny.

Shezan74

WOW

My Small group heard about this Map through a Domination Mission WO1-Smokey[uSSOCOM] made for it.

All we can say is AWESOME.

It is so great moving under cover of the buildings, going in and out of them, up and down.

It is fun but hard flying a little bird thought the streets.

Thanks

(cant wait for it to be updated with OA buildings)I think that was in your update plans.

:yay:

There are many ways to randomize things so that you never do know what you're going to come up against. I always make my own missions, and I never know what's going to happen :)

For a start, even before we talk about enemy, you can randomise your squad by giving each of them a probability of presence. That way, you never know what your crew will contain, how many or what resources you have, AT, AA etc. It makes you play slightly differently each time if you've got a different squad makeup each time. Randomise your position also and you don't even know where you'll start :D

Do the same for enemy forces, and you never know how many, what mix, where they are etc. Over all this layer a nice DAC zone over it all, and you have even more randomisation and uncertainty.

Even randomise your waypoints, so that you can control basically where you go, but you'll need to think on the ground when you get close or you'll miss your objective(s) :)

It can be done ;)

+1

DAC and Fallujah are made for each other.

hi Shezan

do you have easily available a list of houses used in fallujah?

in the IED script we put in, it uses an array based on the takistani houses:

_BT = "land_house_C_10_EP1";

If (_HI == 0) then { _BT = "land_house_C_10_EP1";};
If (_HI == 1) then { _BT = "land_house_C_3_EP1";};
If (_HI == 2) then { _BT = "land_house_C_4_EP1";};
If (_HI == 3) then { _BT = "land_house_C_11_EP1";};
If (_HI == 4) then { _BT = "land_house_C_2_EP1";};
If (_HI == 5) then { _BT = "land_house_C_12_EP1";};
If (_HI == 6) then { _BT = "land_house_C_9_EP1";};
If (_HI == 7) then { _BT = "land_house_C_1_EP1";};
If (_HI == 8) then { _BT = "land_house_C_1_v2_EP1";};
If (_HI == 9) then { _BT = "land_house_C_5_EP1";};
If (_HI == 10) then { _BT = "land_house_C_5_v1_EP1";};
If (_HI == 11) then { _BT = "land_house_C_5_v2_EP1";};
If (_HI == 12) then { _BT = "land_house_C_5_v3_EP1";};
If (_HI == 13) then { _BT = "land_house_L_1_EP1";};
If (_HI == 14) then { _BT = "land_house_L_3_EP1";};
If (_HI == 15) then { _BT = "land_house_L_4_EP1";};
If (_HI == 16) then { _BT = "land_house_L_6_EP1";};
If (_HI == 17) then { _BT = "land_house_L_7_EP1";};
If (_HI == 18) then { _BT = "land_house_L_8_EP1";};
If (_HI == 19) then { _BT = "land_house_L_9_EP1";};
If (_HI == 20) then { _BT = "land_house_K_1_EP1";};
If (_HI == 21) then { _BT = "land_house_K_3_EP1";};
If (_HI == 22) then { _BT = "land_house_K_5_EP1";};
If (_HI == 23) then { _BT = "land_house_K_6_EP1";};
If (_HI == 24) then { _BT = "land_house_K_7_EP1";};
If (_HI == 25) then { _BT = "land_house_K_8_EP1";};
If (_HI == 26) then { _BT = "land_A_Minaret_Porto_EP1";};
If (_HI == 27) then { _BT = "land_A_Mosque_Big_Minaret_1_EP1";};
If (_HI == 28) then { _BT = "land_A_Mosque_Big_Minaret_2_EP1";};
If (_HI == 29) then { _BT = "land_A_Minaret_EP1";};

which we'll need to change to make this script work properly - atm they don't hide very well and the script spams the RPT with no entries found in the array...

Edited by eggbeast

eggbeast - you read my mind. I was looking through James' IED script last night to try and get it to work with Fallujah.

We would need the classnames of the buildings and the number of 'clear' positions within them (for ragheads to look out of windows, over balconies etc!)

A Fallujah FULL of IEDs would be a delight, and would really add to EVO or DOMI or INSURGENCY !

A Fallujah FULL of IEDs would be a delight

Only if it's done properly and not in gay way killing everyone every 30 seconds... that just becomes extremely boring.

I'll be using Fallujah as my Showcase mission for the NIAC mod OP, mission is almost completed and I'll share with people here when it's done. The atmosphere in the town is amazing with distant gun battles etc.

Kremator,

There is a script in TFOR by Bon that puts IED's randomly in the map. You guys may want to look at it for additional ideas.

we have itworking in current evo fallujah - a random number of guys from 5 to 10 approx but without the building names update they don't hide very well.

I can takethe fallujah pbo apart to get these, but hoped shezan might have a list readily to hand

however the script does work and they do blow you to bits...

I'm reinstalling everything now from a motherboard failure with consequent raid data problem. I'll give all data to you asap, but you can easily retrieve them from unpboed file.

Big part of buildings are from a2, some from a1 renamed in houses pbo

Hi,

Thank for this wonderful map. it looks nice but i can't try it =(

i have this following problem:

armapb1.th.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Translation : "fallujah v1_0 require 1.1 version" It's the 1.1 version, the latest one from http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=12315#comments

what the hell??

i dont understand, i extracted the map, i used a launcher, i did everything

i was supposed to do, but i have this problem.

Does anyone know why? and what is the problem??

Thank for your attention. i really need help

(sorry for my english mistakes)

Please mind me if someone asked this already but, how do you download maps? I have tried to download this one but all of my attempts have failed. if someone can help me it would be much appreciated.

Actually, I'm having the same error message and I'm updated 100%

Actually, I'm having the same error message and I'm updated 100%

Potentially getting this to count as necroing the thread, here goes:

I just downloaded the map to play with my buddies who only have ArmA2, and to make sure all missions I do can be played by them I decided to load only ArmA2 myself (to not by mistake include editor objects they don't have). I can't open this map either, getting just the same error upon starting ArmA2, and a quick check in fallujah1_1.pbo revealed the error:

The requiredVersion-number is set to 1.1. It is higher than the highest existing version-number for ArmA2 standalone, which is 1.08.

I made a ticket at http://dev-heaven.net/issues/18325 for the issue.

As we were testing this map in our unit, we found that Fallujah1.0 will sometimes find its way into the mission.sqm, even if you have 1.1.

I know you guys are careful to use OA buildings, but some of the Mosques and mechanics buildings would fit in rather nicely.

Also the government center, might be nice to use some other buildings (OA), take the American flag away (no one was able to fly an American flag at an Iraqi Gov Center) and Highway 11 is really Highway 10.

Please add some Mosques though, and sprinkle in some OA buildings, just to spruce the map up some.

I just dowwnloaded version 1.1 and it will not load, says I am misssing a statue or something?;:eek:

Hi shezan,

Is it possible to change the street system, so that this is not such a common thing in the next update?

arma2oa%202011-03-29%2016-54-50-72.jpg