Sign in to follow this  
Fireball

Insurgency

Thanks a ton for the hard work and dedication!

Our squad is anxiously awaiting the Fallujah version. I tried using the coordinates from sowens's version found here, but failed miserably. The grid squares pop up, but the ammo caches do not spawn and the MHQ, while deployable, doesn't teleport the rest of the vehicles next to it.

Will the Fallujah version be out next release? If not, is there a way to import it into the mission?

Thanks again!

I can try and do the Fallujah version with 0.75 already, it's a matter of coordinates. I had the vehicle bug in my last version. I wonder if they spawn if you blow them up. Not sure why the caches wouldn't spawn; I'll try it out.

Don´t know if anyone has brought this up, but I think you should be able to(as we can with 0.74) to choose if you want all the vehicle/Friendlies to show up on map in the server setting. I know this is not realistic but for people that just want to play for awhile and aren´t really into the realism in example, checking your GPS and then find out where you are on the map, they just wanna start playing right away and be able to see where their buddies are.

/TOFIR

Fallujah would be wonderful in the mix of maps ... cheers Fireball !

Indeed!

Fooking great game mode but, would be nice to have points scoring for revive,picking up brief cases etc?

Also grass/view distances options? (me still on single core) makes hell off diff to fps! ;)

Don´t know if anyone has brought this up, but I think you should be able to(as we can with 0.74) to choose if you want all the vehicle/Friendlies to show up on map in the server setting. I know this is not realistic but for people that just want to play for awhile and aren´t really into the realism in example, checking your GPS and then find out where you are on the map, they just wanna start playing right away and be able to see where their buddies are.

/TOFIR

You can set it in mission params; "Insurgency markers". I disabled it by default, because the map reading, compass and GPS is something many (and me too) appreciate in A2.

Indeed!

Fooking great game mode but, would be nice to have points scoring for revive,picking up brief cases etc?

Also grass/view distances options? (me still on single core) makes hell off diff to fps! ;)

Well, default View Distance is 1600m, and you can change it in Radio. As it seems though, Radio menu is bugged in MP for anyone besides the leader and you will need to bring up the map and doubleclick the radio icon to zoom it and then click on the text entries.

Please add such suggestions to my project space on dev-heaven (link in my signature), and elaborate what you would like to see in detail.

Played this for first time last night, brilliant mission/concept. I remember humbly suggesting something similar back in the A1/Evo blue days but this is worth the wait :)

Suggestion: I think the OPFOR should have a dragunov or two (at least something with a scope). Was outnumbered 12 BLUFOR vs 2 OPFOR last night and we didnt have much chance with just iron sighted AKs/Lee Enfield.

Played this for first time last night, brilliant mission/concept. I remember humbly suggesting something similar back in the A1/Evo blue days but this is worth the wait :)

Suggestion: I think the OPFOR should have a dragunov or two (at least something with a scope). Was outnumbered 12 BLUFOR vs 2 OPFOR last night and we didnt have much chance with just iron sighted AKs/Lee Enfield.

yeah...aint war hell??? hehehe

As far as I understand insurgency isn't really about the PvP, but about having some humans make for a bit smarter "AI". You're not supposed to "win" (you can't, anyway, since they keep respawning), but rather increase the effort required of them to win as much as you can.

If pure PvP is what you're looking for, perhaps you should be looking at other missions ;)

As far as I understand insurgency isn't really about the PvP, but about having some humans make for a bit smarter "AI". You're not supposed to "win" (you can't, anyway, since they keep respawning), but rather increase the effort required of them to win as much as you can.

If pure PvP is what you're looking for, perhaps you should be looking at other missions ;)

Fair point, but I don't want to 'win' as OPFOR, I just want to be even more of a pain to the BLUFOR ;)

Snipers are pretty standard harrassing units and have been a major problem to Nato forces in Afghan, so I think they def should be in 'Insurgency' :)

Another request: please give a WARNING before kicking OPFOR for being too close to BLUFOR base... it is impossible to avoid this as their base keeps moving. When you get too close, there should be a message KEEP AWAY or something.

I would like to know one question, How do you increase the enemies that spawn perplayer? Pogoman stated in another forum some where that it is set at 5 perplayer. I would like to increase this amount please. I have many of my own edited versions of this map that I have made, from all foot battle/no armor to lots of extra armor. Added lots of extra buildings etc. I just can not for the life of me figure out how to add enemies spawning. Thanks, Robert.

EDIT: Well I finally got the description.ext, class aiNumber {, to start adding enemy ai past 100%. Not sure if this is the proper way of adding Ai but I have it at 500% and have around 20 AI for one player. If there is another way or more proper way please let me know. Thanks, Robert.

Edited by SpectrumWarrior

Dunno if your still looking for a banner but here:

insur.gif

and a somewhat different BIGGER version: (Click to Enlarge.)

th_goodstuff.gif

how to modefie the cfg to make Insurgency for more then 16 people

and add acewepaons etc

Edited by Konrad1

Dunno if your still looking for a banner but here:

and a somewhat different BIGGER version: (Click to Enlarge.)

Oh, nice one, but I think the big font should read "Insurgency", since we're not playing pogoman, right? Can you swap this somehow?

I mean, nothing against credits, but the main thing should be the misson.

Please add such suggestions to my project space on dev-heaven (link in my signature), and elaborate what you would like to see in detail.

Have reg'd mate but as usual (no offense to dev.heaven) but seems fooking rocket science to work the bloody thing out!

And i know im not the only one that thinks that! :D

I understand the original Battlefield 2 mod that this Insurgency mission was inspired by may have apparently been PVP and that it was possible for the Insurgents to 'win'. This Arma version makes some changes though. In any case, we shouldn't be limited by the mission's origin or inspiration. It can be changed based on what we think would be best in future, whether it be increased or decreased focus on PVP.

---------- Post added at 07:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:13 AM ----------

It's a lot less intimidating than it looks mate :) Take a punt. Worse comes to worse, you may stuff it up the first time like I did. Then you just learn how to do in future. You can't break anything :)

Have reg'd mate but as usual (no offense to dev.heaven) but seems fooking rocket science to work the bloody thing out!

And i know im not the only one that thinks that! :D

---------- Post added at 07:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:14 AM ----------

There is a mission parameter at the mission screen before you start it, eg. 100%, 150% etc.

I would like to know one question, How do you increase the enemies that spawn perplayer?

A number of people have suggested limited sniper weapons for Opfor. Not sure what I think about it yet. In any case, if you're smart you can forcibly 'borrow' them from Blufor ;) Opfor can wreak havoc with a captured LRR for example at 1000m :)

Check out my Insurgency guide in signature for more info.

Fair point, but I don't want to 'win' as OPFOR, I just want to be even more of a pain to the BLUFOR ;)

Snipers are pretty standard harrassing units and have been a major problem to Nato forces in Afghan, so I think they def should be in 'Insurgency' :)

---------- Post added at 07:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:24 AM ----------

I assume you mean teleporting Opfor for being too close to Blufor base (not actually kicking them off the server). There's a ticket related to this issue. Feel free to contribute/comment.

Another request: please give a WARNING before kicking OPFOR for being too close to BLUFOR base... it is impossible to avoid this as their base keeps moving. When you get too close, there should be a message KEEP AWAY or something.

The best part about insurgency is the hills overlooking the zalagabad. fallujah lacks this to some degree.

Hi, I noticed that as yet no Russian version.

I ould appreciate it if there would be a Version on Chernarussland.

I would also agree to convert to RedMap.

To honor the award, I created a fully functional Fallujah v1.1 Insurgency mission!

Nice one thanks! :cool:

is anyone aware of an independant version of insurgency?

Project RACS is close to release and i would love to make a version for our release

It's a lot less intimidating than it looks mate :) Take a punt. Worse comes to worse, you may stuff it up the first time like I did. Then you just learn how to do in future. You can't break anything :)

Cheers mate- i got there in the end! I think? :D