Sign in to follow this  
Chill xl

ToraBora "Sandbox Edition"

like it its cool but cant wait to see some more compounds that one in east is preatty nice

Remindes me in the overburden map in

Looks very cogent, but i guess there could be more rocks.

Infantry would be more important with rocks.

I love the map, sure it could use a Firebase well outside the map area, but no biggie. Just start your units in the CH-47's flying in. Heck, I could see some people making missions based on Operation Rock Avalanche (Restrepo anyone? SSgt Giunta, hint hint). I would if I had the time to learn triggers and scripts.

Thanks for the amazing map, Chill! Just drove 4+km using an ATV, the map looks and plays great!

the mountain tops should be bald. trees only grow on the flatlands

Not all (Afghanistan) mountain tops are bald.. :-)

529711549_e8bd6c5a97_z.jpg

afghantroop.jpg

This is a great map. I hope the terrain stays rough and unspoiled. It's perfect for a lot of missions.

there was an update today Torabora? Because the Six Updater Platform @ToraBora: Updated to v2 ?

This map is so orgasmic, I can't wait to see it with some dirt roads and some more towns/outposts.

Next minor update released, available on the six updater:

Changelog:

* Reduced ammount of tall pinus trees, changed distibution of all tall pinus trees

* Increased ammount of small rocks

* Added several ponds

* Added town in th south of the map

Yeah would be cool if you could upload it somewhere, I only use Six for ACE2.

How is performance compared to Takistan? I would love a large block of desolate OA terrain that run well.

And looking at those pictures, I can't help but feel that OA's world is something of a failure compared to Chernarus. Afghanistan looks very vibrant in its own way, but in-game, every area without tons of vegetation is a strangely grey moonscape. I would kill for a texture replacer adding more gold and brown back into the dirt.

Changelog:

* Reduced ammount of tall pinus trees, changed distibution of all tall pinus trees

* Added several ponds

Can you please upload it to ArmaHolic or one of the other portals?

Changelog:

* Added several ponds

Oh god! Dont want to know what tahts about.

haha.

Thank you for the six updater. for some reason downloading your link takes an enormous amount of time. I spent about 6 hours getting it to about 70 % then 10 minutes later it was done but corrupted file.

I love the map. I know everyone wants to add their two cents so I will add mine. Listen to it or not.

As others said, it could use some flat land in some more places, maybe a little. Actually it's misleading, flying around in my helicopter makes it all look smaller. So flater areas look not so flat, but as i get to the ground it's bigger. It doesn't have to be leveled flat just somethiing to work with.

I don't script. But I LOVE AIRCRAFT. Especially jets. For losers like me who can't script. two runways at opposite ends would be nice. just for missions where we don't want to start off in the jet. They can be small. No need for the big cargo aircraft. And flat areas for the helicopters.

Maybe a small flat spot on the mountain would be cool for a taliban type camp.

My two cents was really minor. But i am really impressed with the map so far. Maybe you could even make a couple of really good fighting spots that other maps don't have using trails into the mountains and rocks and etc..

Very cool. Thanks for the hard work

Edited by victim913

+1 for a non-Six Updater Platform release
+1 too. Some people just don´t want to use Six Updater. Thank you very much. :)

Very nice map had a great battle with almost 100 AI involved and still i hade stable FPS (not below 50) all the time. It gives you the feeling that you are deep in unknown territory.

Is this the final release?

THis map is great with alot of potential:)

Very nice looking map, reminds me a lot of the original Ghost Recon for some reason or another

I love this map, flying around in a little bird makes you feel so small.

it would be nice to have roads in some key areas like passes and possibly on the side of a mountain or 2 but i could deal without tbh.

Great map

Tnx for all the feedback, its not the final release more will come in smaller updates. First i want to complete the basic overall layout of the map, like the locations of the towns and vilages before i connect it all with some dirt roads and tracks.

After that i might add a FOB and possibly some COP's.

At the moment i really doubt it if i'm going to add something like an airfield, but you never know what i think of this idea in some weeks / months...

Anyway, the latest minor update is uploaded to Armaholic. Hopefully one of the AH admins will publish it to the public.

At the moment i really doubt it if i'm going to add something like an airfield, but you never know what i think of this idea in some weeks / months...

Even if it was a patch of flat ground long enough for an A-10 to take off, we can do the rest. :)