Sign in to follow this  
DAP

Arma 2 - ai first aid support

Bad news. Permission not granted. At least while. Now i search new animation. If anyone can help with animations - PM with me.

Can you use a placeholder for the animation while waiting for a better to fit in ?

Looking forward to playing with the new version when ready

Can you use a placeholder for the animation while waiting for a better to fit in ?

Looking forward to playing with the new version when ready

I Already work with this. Also i already reworked sounds.

ADDON UPDATED

VERSION 2.0

arma2oa2011020420202148.jpg

Changelog:

- Fixed all errors messages

- Reworked sounds

- Reworked animations

- Initialisation through Module

- CBA no more needed

Edited by DAP

NICE mate ... downloading and checking now.

One question however. Does this addon HAVE to be sync'd with all players / AI for it to work ?

Edited by Kremator

NICE mate ... downloading and checking now.

One question however. Does this addon HAVE to be sync'd with all players / AI for it to work ?

Of course :) Use command this synchronizeObjectsAdd allUnits in module's init :)

In the previous version I'm sure I was just able to have the addon and it automatically gave the AI the medical functions.

The reason I ask is that I tend to use Virtual Training System exclusively and it would be nice for all generated AI to be able to heal and revive as planned.

Is this possible ?

In the previous version I'm sure I was just able to have the addon and it automatically gave the AI the medical functions.

The reason I ask is that I tend to use Virtual Training System exclusively and it would be nice for all generated AI to be able to heal and revive as planned.

Is this possible ?

This is possible. But only with CBA. Also it may cause problems with large scale combat.

Nice work DAP, Any chance of a script version?

I work with this now.

CBA is standard. Having all troops following DAP would be just awesome. Of course on very large scale combat it may be a problem but it would be much more realistic.

Agree that a script version would be SUPERB!

Very very nice script. I agree an auto DAP version which didn't need to be synched would be great, but I can live with it (pun intended) in the mean time.

UPDATED VERSION

Changelog:

- Fixed problem with vehicles crew

- Fixed minor errors

- Two versions of addon: AUTO and MODULE

Edited by DAP

Hey there, found this thread by just luck and was impressed by what I have read thus far.

So, I assume that loading this mod through the standard "mod folder" then launcher method is fine?

Also, since it is a script working with all units on the map at any given time, I am sure it slows down performance a lot then, yeah?

Thanks, by the way, for this mod.

Does this work on just your own squad AI or does it work for all squads, enemy too?

I am sure it slows down performance a lot then, yeah?

Only if in mission will be a lot of units :)

Thanks, by the way, for this mod.

Does this work on just your own squad AI or does it work for all squads, enemy too?

It work for all units. If you use DAPMAN.pbo from DAPMAN(AUTO) folder, then this addon will be run automatically. If you use addon from DAPMAN(MODULE) folder, then you must add special module (AI First Aid Module) on mission and synchronize it with chosen units.

Also: i found small bug with vehicles :) When unit drag his wounded teammate they can go THROUGH vehicles :) Need fix that :) And else one.. maybe somebody test this addon in MP? :) Especially player's "first aid" action on remote PC.

Edited by DAP

Just had a little go with the autoinit version and it is LOVELY !

Few things....

Is it possible to vary the wounded shouts ?

Is it possible that two AI go to help with a wounded soldier (one to cover, the other to drag/heal) ?

and now for a REALLY REALLY REALLY big thing ...

To make a proper CASEVAC dead soldiers need to be moved from battlefield to HQ. If you have ever played with madbull's R3F Arty and Logistics system you can load things into vehicles etc. IF you have time mate do you know how we could integrate this script autoinit version to work with that script ?

Keep up the good work!

PS Script version would be even lovelier ;)

Thanks for the changes DAP, much appreciated. A question: Under what circumstances do units drag squadmates? I've set up various scenarios and have yet to see it happen.

Happens quite a but for me in autoinit version.

Did see one funny bug (during X4 speedup) where an enemy was unconscious with it's movement was shifting position very slightly but enough to make it move through trees etc

EDIT: Loving this the more I use it. Is it possible that AI could CARRY their wounded over their shoulder some times instead of dragging ?

Edited by Kremator

Just had a little go with the autoinit version and it is LOVELY !

Few things....

Is it possible to vary the wounded shouts ?

There already three different shouts :)

Is it possible that two AI go to help with a wounded soldier (one to cover, the other to drag/heal) ?

I think it not needed :) Rest group will be covering them :) Anyway... soldiers with lower rank follow to their "subleader", and we get this cover from other soldiers in group.

To make a proper CASEVAC dead soldiers need to be moved from battlefield to HQ. If you have ever played with madbull's R3F Arty and Logistics system you can load things into vehicles etc. IF you have time mate do you know how we could integrate this script autoinit version to work with that script ?

Now I trying do my own MEDEVAC radio call for squadleader :)

A question: Under what circumstances do units drag squadmates? I've set up various scenarios and have yet to see it happen.

Main condition - free way for dragging. If units will be in building, or something will be on their way, then wounded unit will not be dragged and his teammate will help him on this place.

Is it possible that AI could CARRY their wounded over their shoulder some times instead of dragging ?

I trying do it for MEDEVAC. But no guarantees, that it will be work properly :)

Edited by DAP

Else one... :)

ADDON UPDATED

Changelog:

- Fixed animation system

- Fixed vehicle's "no barrier" bug

Edited by DAP

Main condition - free way for dragging. If units will be in building, or something will be on their way, then wounded unit will not be dragged and his teammate will help him on this place.

Thanks DAP. Might there be a conflict with CBA or ACE (both of which I use)? I get an error mentioning the variable _dragger (I think, I'm not in front of Arma box right now) whenever someone starts healing someone else.

I will investigate more for you.