Sign in to follow this  
DAP

Arma 2 - ai first aid support

DAP, I don't think either the auto init version or the module works any more. If a unit is hit he goes down and rolls around, but no-one comes to his aid now, unless you as group leader order them to . Using beta 78818. Version 2.1 worked fine with this beta.

EDIT: Doesn't work even just using plain 1.57, no other mods except CBA.

EDIT2: Aaargh I overwrote my older version, so can't downgrade. Anyone got a link to the 2.1 version, which definitely works?

Edited by tpw

DAP, I don't think either the auto init version or the module works any more. If a unit is hit he goes down and rolls around, but no-one comes to his aid now, unless you as group leader order them to . Using beta 78818. Version 2.1 worked fine with this beta.

EDIT: Doesn't work even just using plain 1.57, no other mods except CBA.

EDIT2: Aaargh I overwrote my older version, so can't downgrade. Anyone got a link to the 2.1 version, which definitely works?

Hmmm... look at this :) Here i used addon with latest version of beta patch. Maybe main problem arises during combat? I think it again in COMBAT behaviour.

dVKWbSx3aPA

Also.. what addons you are use?

Edited by DAP

Hmmm... look at this :) Here i used addon with latest version of beta patch. Maybe main problem arises during combat? I think it again in COMBAT behaviour.

Also.. what addons you are use?

Hi DAP

If I order units to heal each other then there is no problem. However if I don't order it, they never do anything. In your earlier script, they healed each other automatically without needing to be ordered to.

I am seeing the behaviour with no addons at all. I tried setting up a simple scenario in the editor with a bunch of opfor and a bunch of bluefor shooting the hell out of each other. Didn't see anyone running to anyone else's aid except if I ordered them to.

PS Could you please PM me with v2.1, so I can do a direct comparison between 2.1 and 3.0. Thanks DAP.

Edited by tpw

Didn't see anyone running to anyone else's aid except if I ordered them to.

I make it specially for players, who like play as squadleader :) Because now you can deside who will help teammates and who stay in position and continue combat :)

PS Could you please PM me with v2.1, so I can do a direct comparison between 2.1 and 3.0. Thanks DAP.

I also lost version 2.1 :) But i can rebuild it :) I send it to you when it will be done :)

I make it specially for players, who like play as squadleader :) Because now you can deside who will help teammates and who stay in position and continue combat :)

I also lost version 2.1 :) But i can rebuild it :) I send it to you when it will be done :)

OK, thanks for clearing that up mate! I definitely preferred the older style, seemed a little more realistic to me. But then again, I'm not in the military so what the hell would I know?

You are a true gentleman for offering to rebuild 2.1. I await it eagerly!

PS Do opfor units automatically heal each other using the auto init version of v3.0 of this mod? What about if I'm playing SP but not as team leader? Will my squad still heal each other?

Edited by tpw

PS Do opfor units automatically heal each other using the auto init version of v3.0 of this mod? What about if I'm playing SP but not as team leader? Will my squad still heal each other?

Yes, they do :) Squad leader send order and ordered unit move to the wounded teammate.

DAPman works in MP. Well the AI will drag and heal eachother (although not as frequently as I would hope)

We need for other NOT in their groups to go to heal if noone is within a certain radius

Does this conflict with SLX at all, as SLX has the wounds file where AI will drag fellow Ai squad members,

and possibly you if your in the same squad. I thought I had asked this before.

I don't run SLX anymore so I can't tell you. Do a test and post up here.

Did a test, and there were no freezes, crashes or anything of the sort, but in terms of getting support, SLX seems to dominate,

as well as making both mods not function 100%.

I put 2 squads Blufor, and opfor againsted each other in an urban setting, and alot of guys got wounded but

there was no dragging of wounded, nor healing.

When i got injured 1 time, I must have liad there for 2 min before AI came up to me and dragged me around for a few min,

then finally got to healing me which after it was to late and I died, so i guess you can say no it dont work like its supposed to.

And I used the previous version of the DAPman, not the latest.

DAPman works in MP. Well the AI will drag and heal eachother (although not as frequently as I would hope)

We need for other NOT in their groups to go to heal if noone is within a certain radius

I put 2 squads Blufor, and opfor againsted each other in an urban setting, and alot of guys got wounded but

there was no dragging of wounded, nor healing.

When i got injured 1 time, I must have liad there for 2 min before AI came up to me and dragged me around for a few min

Allied unit MUST KNOW about you :) Or anyone who wounded :) If he don't know about wounded teammate he don't run to him, right? :) Right now i testing new version. I decrease this value form 4 to 2 :) I hope it help with this problem.

Edited by DAP

Perhaps something with an eventhandler that causes them to shout (as you have) but friendlies in hearing distance get the chance at a move order?

Will test the new version on my dedi when you are ready DAP.

If I go the humanitarian route and heal a wounded enemy, can they have their weapons removed and surrender to you ?

If I go the humanitarian route and heal a wounded enemy, can they have their weapons removed and surrender to you ?

Here some progress with addon :) Now you can send order to heal ANY unit or do it by self :) If this unit is enemy, then he will be captured after healing. Also I removed "visual" limitations for all units and change some behaviour elements.

Now I writing script for captured enemy units :) Main idea: "if enemy moved from my position, then i can escape" :)

9K8VPZCf3Fk

Allied unit MUST KNOW about you

Yes very true, but Im in the same squad as the AI, they just take forever to to come to you, their response time is somewhat long,

but of course this was your addon inconjunction with SLX.

ADDON UPDATED

Version: 3.1

Changelog:

- Reworked medics heal (Script not work on medics, because this may cause script blocking by default medic's actions)

- Added "escape" behaviour for captured enemy units

- Changed some behaviour elements (units will not drag wounded if they in "SAFE" or "CARELESS" behaviour. Also they will not drag wounded unit, if they not in "COMBAT" behaviour and unit not in their side)

Note: Tested in latest beta-patch

All links updated

Edited by DAP

Thanks DAP. Will test this out later. Looks like some good improvements.

ADDON UPDATED

Version 3.2

Changelog:

- Fixed: inability help by units from other allied groups

- Fixed: side detection error

- Fixed: debug message

Note: All links updated

Edited by DAP

Wow mate .... I didnt even get a chance to download 3.1 :)

Good work !

EDIT: Download not working presently. Error says File is checked, please try again in a minute.

Edited by Kremator

All links updated :)

Still getting the same error from Depositfiles that the File is checked, please try again.

Not good.

Anyone else have this problem?

Depositfiles doesn't love you anymore DAP ... need a different upload site.

Agreed, and the depositfiles is just a pain in the arse generally. Why not use www.gamefront.com, very simple and doesn't irritate the end user trying to get them to sign up.

Ok :) All links updated :) Now i used Gamefront.com :)