Sign in to follow this  
mosh

ARMA 2:OA beta patch 76560

that will be resolved in content update not in beta

Is it at all possible that you could add the mi-24P/V to the content update list? There is no texture on the chopper at 350-500m depending on the version.

This issue has been prevalent for sometime now and i would appreciate if it could be addressed.

Cheers

hope to see AI helicopters flying normaly again in the next patch! can you guys say something to this allready?

hope to see AI helicopters flying normaly again in the next patch! can you guys say something to this allready?

I'd love for this to be fixed too, seeing as it was broke (or included) in a recent patch.

ExThreads=2, plus a refresh of my config file, appears to have fixed the LoD issue. It may have killed my framerate, but maybe that was just a bad benchmark run.

Edit: It was also necessary to keep maxmem=2047 activated.

Thanks for the suggestions and I especially appreciate your links, Londonlad, as ATI's site is coded by monkeys that like to let you guess what series your graphics card is, and their installer has failed on me twice today. Hopefully HP's drivers will work.

Edited by maturin

eXthreads=2 don't exist (0,1,3,5,7 only) so it's using default value

that mean 3 for dualcore or 7 for quad ...

eXthreads=2 don't exist (0,1,3,5,7 only) so it's using default value

that mean 3 for dualcore or 7 for quad ...

Oh, in that case exThreads=3 plus mamxmem=2047 fixed it. (The former alone was not enough)

Have you guys done much testing with exThreads=1 dual cores? Maybe it's just my machine, but I've heard other people having the problem.

Beta FeedBack:

1- I never had such a good performance. Like 10 fps up. Don't know if it same for everyone though.

2-AI seems to be a LOT better CQB wise. I see with pleasure my squad taking cover behind buildings (on the right side) and lean to engage. Enemy AI don't stay still when under fire too. Can anyone confirm that it is in the patch and that it is not in my head btw ?

3-Main campain is much more enjoyable now. thanks to 1- and 2-. Even tanks behaviour seems better now.

Oh, in that case exThreads=3 plus mamxmem=2047 fixed it. (The former alone was not enough)

Have you guys done much testing with exThreads=1 dual cores? Maybe it's just my machine, but I've heard other people having the problem.

Do we still need to do this config? I thought it was already automatically detected depending on the CPU type you use.

Do we still need to do this config? I thought it was already automatically detected depending on the CPU type you use.

The 1.56 readme said that exThreads=3 is standard now for dual cores since most dual cores users here, including me, reported better performance with this parameter.

The 1.56 readme said that exThreads=3 is standard now for dual cores since most dual cores users here, including me, reported better performance with this parameter.

How bout for quad cores users, do we still need to put in exThreads=7 ? I recall it was not necessary anymore.

How bout for quad cores users, do we still need to put in exThreads=7 ? I recall it was not necessary anymore.
ExThreads=7 is standard for quad cores since patch 1.54. In fact there shuld be no need to play around with this command line parameter anymore for most users... according to the letters in the readme and changelogs.

There were 5 of us who updated to 1.57.76560 today.

We play Arma 2 Combined Operations regularly in cooperative multiplayer only and we have seen a lot of desyncronization that gets autosaved in campaign or in separare cooperative missions, so we expected a lot from this build.

However we could not yet properly test it in campaign since 2 of us use Steam version and even though they could install beta, launch it from separate beta shortcut (both saw 1.57.76560 in their title screen) and join my server for cooperative missions like "04 Scud Busters" or "05 Steel Pathers", they could not join my server when it was running Harvest Red campaign. DVD version owners could join anything including Harvest Red campaign normally.

They were just disconnected automatically saying they miss some units or something. So it makes me assume beta patches are not fully compatible with Combined Operations and beta shortcut launches Steam version of the game in Operation Arrowhead mode without Arma 2 Harvest Red campaign content they would have needed to join my server.

So is it a missing compatibility, a bug or just a lack of knowledge how they should launch their Steam + beta version to be able to play Harvest Red campaign?

Edited by Hanzu

I'd tell them to use a launcher for it like Spirited Machine's launcher on Armaholic. It simplifies the matter of launching CO or beta's with steam.

ExThreads=7 is standard for quad cores since patch 1.54. In fact there shuld be no need to play around with this command line parameter anymore for most users... according to the letters in the readme and changelogs.

Wonderful, that what I reckoned as well. Was wondering why the need of configuring this for some. Thanks for the info.

I'd tell them to use a launcher for it like Spirited Machine's launcher on Armaholic. It simplifies the matter of launching CO or beta's with steam.

I forgot to mention that Spirited Machine's launcher on Armaholic was needed for them to join cooperative missions in the first place, but I don't know why they failed to configure it in a way they could join everything else except Harvest Red campaign...:confused:

I didn't find any reason to install that launcher for myself since I have DVD version of the game and I don't use any mods and. So my knowledge about the launcher was limited to the fact it exists.

Wonderful, that what I reckoned as well. Was wondering why the need of configuring this for some. Thanks for the info.

Well, on the other hand it seems something messed up proper thread- detection in the latest patches, so just to be on the safe side I´m using exthreads=7 again.

btw really nice beta, no issues so far :)

(apart from worse AA artifacts :()

Edited by @ST