Sign in to follow this  
mondkalb

MBG Creationism

@Mondkalb

Sorry about that..but i will ask you the same question..more "rephrased"

because i m not sure if i understand well.

so..

"With this tool..i will be able to construct custom things from BI models/buildings parts?

i.e. i like to create a custom building with 15 floors-working interiors/ladders etc-.

I will be able to do that..and just PBO it with the "rest" as MP mission for any1 ???

(while running only "Vanilla" game???) ^^ OO OO OO ^^

*I hear laughs because the question is too stupid..or the awesomeness

of this project crazed my mind??

Edited by GiorgyGR

Hey, later on I actually got what you meant when a friend of mine asked the same question.

What you ask Is some kind of "export to sqm" function. Much like the BIS-3DE doesn't have.

I'd say that for the purpose of building killhouses out of these objects (etc) to use them later you'd be better off with BIS' 3DE.

My building system is meant for use in missions, kind of a "one time" structure you would create during the mission with gaining funds etc...

But: Using this tool as simple editor is clearly a good Idea and I'll see into a system of storing the creation one has made for later use, but I can't promise it. :/

My current agenda is making the system idiot-, JIP- and respawn-proof. First the MP and gamei'sh stuff, then the editor stuff.

Edited by Mondkalb

But: Using this tool as simple editor is clearly a good Idea and I'll see into a system of storing the creation one has made for later use, but I can't promise it. :/

My current agenda is making the system idiot-, JIP- and respawn-proof. First the MP and gamei'sh stuff, then the editor stuff.

Thanks man.

After i was submitted my last post..i was afraid that my question was too

ridiculous,but i m really glad you can "see" the "bigger picture" of this.

I will "stay tuned" on this thread :o

Haha, that was a good video. Really like the concept as a whole, wish more things were snappable! Very intereting indeed.

Wow. I'm impressed. And I'm hard to impress. :D

Sounds on doors etc, why can't BIS do that? I can't even find a scripted solution to check animation states on building parts that would allow it :( Ability to save creation, nice, although the need for a foundation probably saves the day when it comes to slopes etc. How does it look when you place slabs like this directly on the ground, and how does it look when placed by a server? Vanilla and custom style compositions tend to fail badly with that setup.

Frankly, I'd like to see these kind of building blocks in the vanilla game. Nice to see some out of the box thinking to addons too. Does the lamps work, and how does several constructions behave wrt external light sources (i.e. flares, #lightpoints etc) as far as cost goes? Town module seems to have a heavy cost, although I guess the polycount is way up there.

Loved the video too, brilliant :)

MP with this tool used to work flawless in MP, but so far I haven't tested it yet in MP with the new version.

Foundations look the way they look when you place them. Just pick it, adjust it's height and place.

None of the elements are aligning themselves to the ground.

Simulation = Fence is not the case. :yay:

Of course do the Lamps work. ;)

And as far as lighting goes... well... it's BIS Light engine: It gets the job done, but don't expect too much.

Here's the second beta.

http://mondkalb.armaholic.com/MBG_C.zip

(~38MB; Beta 2)

For those of you who downloaded this before 12th DEC 00:35GMT, please redownload.

Quick use guide:

1. Open Editor
  2. Place player
  3. Place the "MBG_Creationism" Module (F7)
  4. Hit "preview"
  5. Done!

Quick guide for MP:

Use included Test-Mission or

1. Place players
  2. Place "MBG_Creationism" Module (F7)
  3. Place "BIS Functions" Module (F7)
  4. Add respawn in Description.ext
  5. Put this into a "initJIPCompatible.sqf"
    _ok = _this execVM "\MBG_Creationism\scripts\init.sqf";

6. Done!

This is released as beta version: That means I request your help with this. It would be tremendous if you guys could give some feedback like ideas/suggestions and bug reports.

Oh, and posting some of your creations wouldn't hurt either. :)

Edited by Mondkalb

awesome!.. haven't found anything wrong yet..but this....

41754527.jpg

is classic!

Edited by Loki

LOL, if you ever get bored of being an addon maker Mondkalb, you can always become a comedian. :D

Erm... but please promise never to become bored of being an addon maker. :pray:

Here is Beta 3:

http://mondkalb.armaholic.com/MBG_C.zip

Changelog:

-Added "reset snap-to" function for easier constructing

-fixed sounds of doors/gates

-Added concrete/wooden ramps and MASH Tent

-added new "Support" object

-fixed animation speed for the huge gate (100s -> 10s)

2-8 COOP Defend Creationism

Plus, NeoArmageddon asked me to include the latest version of his MP-Mission using Creationism. For play-testing both the addon and the mission.

In lack of a briefing, here's what you do. :rolleyes:

When you start, hop into the truck and drive to any location you like. Once you reach it, deploy the truck and begin to fortify the truck and it's surrounding area, because you'll now have to defend against oncoming waves of enemies that will gain stronger and stronger with time.

You earn money for killing enemies. Once 2h are passed you win and if your truck is destroyed, the mission is lost.

Here are two pictures I took during the MP test:

arma2oa2010121217001826.th.jpg arma2oa2010121217055964.th.jpg

Fortifying existing structures is fun aswell... and less expensive!

Mission updated with some bugfixes :

http://soulblighter.de/2-4_coop_defend_creationism.chernarus.pbo

Fixed: Spawn is moving with MBF on clientside

This mission is quite in beta stage and a lot of stuff needs to be addet, but its a great and entertaining addition to mkb's creationism.

Edited by NeoArmageddon

This is very creative. The video was great. I would have watched more...

Nice work and thanks for sharing this. I'll definitely have to try it.

Man.. this Mod is fantastic... Very well done.

After watching your video i got some wild idea's.

What if you could comebine this Mod into a full scale First Person RPG with a endresult of Full Scale war.

Just image you have a Big Island as Sahrani with 2 separate land masses connected to eachother. The mission starts of as in Saharani Life or Zargabad Life. You as a civilian has to choose if you want to start on the West side or the East side and than have to look for a job to make money (hint "construction") .. enz enz enz. After you earned some money you can buy some land (sectors on the map). On those sectors you can buy your own materials and start building your own house, with the help of the construction Mod. You can become a criminal, a boss from a constrcution factory, a truck driver transporting the building parts enz enz. If you become a general in the military you can designate training area's and build bases on your part of the Island. Combine this mission and that construction Mod with the R3F script and you can transport the construction pieces around the map to other players that want to build a House somewhere on the map.

This game can go a cople way's.

1- You end up with a bunch of criminals on your part (east or west) of the Island. They terrorize your "country" and your land will soon be invaded by the better organised and more willing civillians from the neighboring country (West).

2- Both sides will end up in civil war and alot of criminal organisations.

3- Both sides fight a devasting full scale war against eachother.

4- Both sides play the game peacefully with only minor criminal activity till they get bored and start shooting Nukes at eachother from their freshly build Missile silo that we offcourse build with that Construction Mod.

Maybe this is a wild idea.. But i think it can be done with existing scripts and Mods allready.

If you want your Mod to be utilised to the fullest something likie above would be perfect. Offcourse it probably requires some help from other brilliant Scripters/Addon makers.

Edited by Winchester Delta_1

That is sick. Would be nice if BI put this among other things into vanilla ArmA. I take it this will be an addon that people joining would need?

Tried the mod out and it was great fun, especially since you can clip objects into others to form some rather interesting structures and shapes.

As things go further will you be adding the ability to twist objects onto their sides to form ramps or if you're a nut like me, to build a long walkway or obstacle course in the sky?

Yeah, mod is great, but maybe add ability to sell\destroy\remove placed objects (i dont find this button)? And add ability to build multiplie objects, like holding shift in strategies.

Eeeh..if destroyable it would be better to have some destroyable and others not, otherwise in multiplayer you may have some nasty tardry.

It seem that this great mod don't work in MP...

(I have the initjip... in my mission file)

Sorry for my poor english, with this tool can i edit a map like Fallujia with new or esisting building?

tanks

Hey, i love your addon but please add more objects or make step-by-step guide how to add more of 'em :)