• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic
weewaa
weewaa

Private First Class

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 20:05

HI i have searched this forum and the internet for a solution to this problem. But i have found none. I first got ARMA 2 about a year ago and i had no problem connecting to a server. But since about 3 months ago it start to hang on the Receiving data part. The bar usually fills to the top and stays there for about 4 mins and then battle-eye either kicks me off or bans me. I tried everything people suggested via the this forum and the other sites, but no luck.

About a month ago i bought Arma2 OA which i thought would fix the problem, I uninstalled arma 2 and installed OA. But i get the same problem. I have a network but i don't use it when i play arma, its plugged out. I have just updated to 1.56 and it still doesn't work. Is it a vista problem, maybe a vista update might be conflicting or something.

Graphics: Nivida 9800 GT (up to date 260.99)
Ram: 4gb
Spoiler

Any advice is good, but i have tried everything already. I bought ARMA 2 from gamestop shop and bought ARMA 2 OA from Game shop. If you need more info let me know :)

Edited by weewaa, 04 December 2010 - 20:08.

ArmAriffic
ArmAriffic

Master Gunnery Sergeant

• Members
  • 1267 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 20:49

I get that but only on servers with more than 35 peeps and mine freezes @ about 1/4 way through loading

Edited by ArmAriffic, 04 December 2010 - 20:52.

Gunter Severloh
Gunter Severloh

Uber Compiler

• Members
  • 7044 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 21:55

I'm thinking its your vista, but as far as searching goes, heres a couple that I found on the issue:

http://forums.bistud...ead.php?t=78474

http://forums.bistud...light=recieving

This is from the Arma Wiki, and applies to Arma, but should give you a general idea, or possible relation:

"Receiving Mission File" dialog hangs while no mission downloads

When joining a multiplayer game, you can view and join servers but upon connection, the MP dialog hangs at "Receiving Mission File (0kb / 0kb)". This dialog will not move or update.

Solution

Your software or hardware firewall is blocking the ports ArmA uses to update your game files. Try disconnecting your router and plugging your cable/dsl modem directly into your PC. (Be sure to start Windows Firewall to continue protection if you do this) If you have a software firewall, make sure that ArmA is "Enabled" or "Unblocked" in your profiles of accepted connections.

If you find that it's your router blocking the ports, you'll need to open UDP ports 2302-2305 for the game to function with a router.

Also your problem being Mp related should be in this section:
http://forums.bistud...isplay.php?f=87

WarMod Series - A Massive Addon & Mod Customizable Compilation mod for Arma1, Arma2,CO & Arma3 IFA3 - (IFA3WarMod)
Mission Repository - Hosting Missions & Files for Iron Front: Liberation 1944
WW2Epic - A Compilation Archive of Photos, Music, Videos, & References of WW2
AI Compilation List of Addons/Mods/Scripts & Misc for Arma3

weewaa
weewaa

Private First Class

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 05 December 2010 - 01:29

Sorry didn't realize it was the wrong topic. Thanks for the info but i have read those threads before tried everything that has been suggested on this forum but no dice. There must be a root cause to this problem since other people get it too, but no one knows. Does the other people who have the same problem as I do, have vista as there OS?

Gunter Severloh
Gunter Severloh

Uber Compiler

• Members
  • 7044 posts

Posted 05 December 2010 - 02:18

It could be vista, but as far as I know vista 64 had issues with game in general, not with the recieveing issue.
Have you looked at your firewall, and other things related?

WarMod Series - A Massive Addon & Mod Customizable Compilation mod for Arma1, Arma2,CO & Arma3 IFA3 - (IFA3WarMod)

weewaa
weewaa

Private First Class

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 05 December 2010 - 03:09

Yep turned off the firewall and opened the ports, nothing. I just installed Arma 1 to see if that has the same problem, it works fine and i get onto the multi-player server with no problems. I will reinstall arma 2 with arma 1 installed, it might work with the 2 armas installed, You never know :) I try it 2 morrow and see what happens

weewaa
weewaa

Private First Class

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 17:13

It didn't work but i noticed i can play COOPs some times but i cant play EVO, Warfare or domination or anything fancy like that. It feels like my IP or CDkey has been black listed on the servers becasue i always get banned after hanging for 4 mins on receiving data. Regardless of that and i don't want to be rude but i almost feel let down by BI that they wont address this problem properly since other people have this problem, but then again thats life.

Gunter Severloh
Gunter Severloh

Uber Compiler

• Members
  • 7044 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 17:54

I wouldn't give up man, its to good a game to pass, or let go over a small issue.
Its not BIS fault you game dont run, I mean as a client or owner of the game there patches and other things required that BIS provides,
obviously your not the only one that has the issue, but this issue is minority compared to the number of players that dont have this issue.

lets look at other possibilites, I'm stabbing in the dark here of what else I can do to maybe further the chance
of this being resolved for you, but couple things come to mind is:

do you have battleye?
http://www.battleye.com/

usually if your getting kicked its because you dont have battleye, but theres other reasons too.

also without OA can you play on mp with Arma2 alone?
and is Arma2 patched, I think the latest patch updates your game for Arma2 to the latest as well as OA.

Thing we haven't tried is view your RPt after you have tried to connect to a server or two.

Your RPt will log everything that is going on with your game, be it errors or whatever, if I can see what errors
you are possibily getting then maybe that would be a step in the right direction.

If you can try to connect to a server again then when you get booted or dissconnected then post your RPT here.

you can locate your rpt at this folder address:
C:\Documents and Settings\username\Local Settings\Application Data\ArmA 2

post your rpt and check if you have battleye, and then lets see what we can do from there.

weewaa
weewaa

Private First Class

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 19:13

Thanks for the info, i have same problem for arma2 as arma 2 oa. Here are the 2 RPT files, i deleted them so i could make fresh one's:

Arma 2 RPT:
Spoiler

Arma 2 OA RPT:
Spoiler

Note there is also BIDMP and MDMP file in the arma 2 an OA folders.

Edited by weewaa, 06 December 2010 - 19:16.

puzzola
puzzola

Sergeant

• Members
  • 185 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 19:24

I had the same issue (at least the same effect) in ArmA1 in private LAN. It's now clear that the problem was an error with the specific mission and addon.
Did you try to join or host games with vanilla addons only?

http://forums.bistud...t=110383&page=2

Edited by puzzola, 06 December 2010 - 19:31.

weewaa
weewaa

Private First Class

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 20:46

Vanilla addons are part of ACE? i had ace once but i uninstalled arma and deleted the ace package. I then reinstalled arma 2 and OA and i dont have ACE any more.

Also i dont know why CAA is mentioned in the arma 2 RPT file, i used to have it but i deleted it during an uninstall. I have no addons at all.

Battleye was always installed :)

Edited by weewaa, 06 December 2010 - 20:55.

puzzola
puzzola

Sergeant

• Members
  • 185 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 22:19

For "vanilla" we mean standard installation addons not 3rd party.
Your RPT doesn't report CAA but CAAir or CAAnimals or CAA10 that are standar ArmA files :)
OK, you have not any extra addon. did you try to join servers with the same configuration? Is your game patched to the same patch that the server?
Did you tried to host the game?

Gunter Severloh
Gunter Severloh

Uber Compiler

• Members
  • 7044 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 22:30

From what Im seeing theres a mission your playing that is giving you this error:

Warning Message: Script Common\Common_InitUnit.sqf not found

thats a script that is supposed to be in the folder of the mission your playing.

What mission are you trying to play that prevents you from playing?

Vanilla addons are part of ACE?

There may be stock addons in ace, but its the other way around, if you had a mission the needed ACE then your rpt
would give you an error like i posted below, saying your missing ace this ace that.

Also i dont know why CAA is mentioned in the arma 2 RPT file

There is no Caa in the rpt, I think your looking at the begining of this file and thinking its Caa which really CAAir2_C130J but seperate it and you have
CA Air2_C130J.
if you were missing caa1 then it would comeup as an error message saying "you cannot edit or play this mission
as it is depedant on downlaodble content that has been deleted"

so what missions are you trying to play?

also I would submit your crash dumps:
http://forums.bistud...ad.php?t=110823

weewaa
weewaa

Private First Class

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 22:44

What mission are you trying to play that prevents you from playing?

That Error comes up when i try and play warfare or evo or domination, it comes up now and again. I will send my error files to that fella, thx for letting me know.

I have hosted the games sucessfully and my game is up to date, i try not to join servers with addons required :P

weewaa
weewaa

Private First Class

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 22:38

Good news the multi player now works :D Thanks for the info provided by u fella's and also thanks to Dwarden and Bi for doing what ever they did, I am guessing it was them becasue i sent the error reports to Dwarden, as suggested by Günter Severloh 2 days ago and now its working fine. Yipeee :P

Gunter Severloh
Gunter Severloh

Uber Compiler

• Members
  • 7044 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 22:58

Excellent!
Back to the game for you!

weewaa
weewaa

Private First Class

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 00:00

Bad news the receiving bug stuck thing is back again :) But i id find out that even though i have this problem i can still play on the 80 player DAO hold server.

Maybe my IP has been blacklisted and has been passed around to all other servers except DAO, can that happen? Not that i deserve to be blacklisted i don't cheat and i don't fight with anyone.

Jakimo
Jakimo

Private First Class

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 17:51

I too am getting the problem now. I have been playing the game fine for days (Just got new comp), and have had no issues. Then this morning I went on to play for a bit, and I am unable to join any servers. Some servers do not load the squad selection scree, they just sit there with all the options grayed out, while other servers will allow me to choose my class, and then I get hung up in Receiving Data. (I let it sit for almost 20 minutes, to no avail)

I have tried everything on this forum and others, and nothing has worked. I have been playing this game for months, and love it, and now I am unable to play at all. I understand that this is a known issue and that there is no fix for it, but please, I am up for almost anything at this point...

weewaa
weewaa

Private First Class

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 20 April 2011 - 00:42

The recent patch remedied the situation for me :) Hope it it helped you 2 jak

vlad_k
vlad_k

Private First Class

• Members
  • 27 posts