• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic
Dwarden
Dwarden

BI Developer

• 9647 posts
  • LocationBrno, Czech Republic

Posted 01 December 2010 - 00:01

if you get game crash (usually so called silent Crash To Desktop or with some error msg)

try locate the files arma2oa.mdmp and arma2oa.bidmp

http://community.bis...Files#ARMA_2_OA

together is also located arma2oa.rpt file
(this log file from same moment of crash is very important for complete analysis)

compress them (ideally with 7-zip but zip or rar do it too)

and send to my nickname on this forum @bistudio.com email

use subject: [Crash] sometext
*inlcuding brackers

you may add some commentary about what you done / where it happened
but it's not needed ...

note:
another option is USE CIT and create bug report ticket and upload the files there as part of the report

read more here : http://forums.bistud...ad.php?t=102991

^^^ so there are at minimum 2 ways how report crashes ! do not hoard the dumps!

Edited by Dwarden, 17 November 2011 - 11:53.

RealTimeChat ~ARMA2 in Your browser (w/o Java), RealTimeChat ~ARMA3 in Your browser (w/o Java),
irc.GameSurge.net/ARMA2 (external IRC clients) irc.GameSurge.net/ARMA3 (external IRC clients)
ARMA 3 Feedback Tracker: http://feedback.arma...y_view_page.php
~100k fans @STEAM ARMA 2 + ARMA 2: OA + ARMA 3: + ~2k @XFIRE A2:OA
Follow my Twitter: http://twitter.com/FoltynD or my Facebook http://facebook.com/FoltynD

Michael Withstand
Michael Withstand

Sergeant

• Members
  • 164 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 10:25

Well it's not a crash but if somehow CO or ArmA 2 goes to desktop or seems to have frozen, you need to press Esc then press alt-Enter to minimize the game and alt-Enter back into full screen. That should solve the problem. There's no need to close the program at all.

It may help if you go to your document folder and change your ArmA 2 profile so that the refresh rate is set to match your monitor refresh rate. By default they are set to 75Hz.

Hope this helps someone

sniper pilot
sniper pilot

First Sergeant

• Members
  • 938 posts

Posted 12 February 2011 - 13:34

I have this problem all the time! Thanks Michael!

Well it's not a crash but if somehow CO or ArmA 2 goes to desktop or seems to have frozen, you need to press Esc then press alt-Enter to minimize the game and alt-Enter back into full screen. That should solve the problem. There's no need to close the program at all.

It may help if you go to your document folder and change your ArmA 2 profile so that the refresh rate is set to match your monitor refresh rate. By default they are set to 75Hz.

Hope this helps someone

US ARMY - Opsgear.com - U N I T E D

Avatars appear more distant than they actually are.

Posted Image

Smedly
Smedly

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 17:58

Fully updated and have both Arma 2 and OA installed downloaded as combo from steam

system is a Dell XPS1730 9500 cpu and 9800m GTX Sli using 266.58 official Nvidia drivers, OA runs no problems but arma 2 crashes - screen freezes and sound continues, have to cntrl alt del and use task manager to shut down game

significant error is as follows from ARMA2.rpt file

Version 1.08.74450
Item str_disp_server_control listed twice
Warning: looped for animation: ca\wheeled\data\anim\uaz_cargo01_v0.rtm differs (looped now 0)! MoveName: kia_uaz_cargo02
Warning: looped for animation: ca\wheeled\data\anim\uaz_cargo01_v0.rtm differs (looped now 1)! MoveName: uaz_cargo02
String STR_SOM_Transport_BRIEFING_2 not found
String STR_SOM_Transport_BRIEFING_ACCEPTED not found
String STR_SOM_Transport_BRIEFING_NOT_ACCEPTED not found
String STR_SOM_Transport_BRIEFING_TIMEOUT not found
String STR_SOM_Transport_DEBRIEFING_END1 not found
String STR_SOM_Transport_DEBRIEFING_END2 not found

any ideas what I can do to fix this ?????

Smedly
Smedly

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 00:44

got it sorted thx

Drereday
Drereday

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 February 2011 - 13:49

same here my OA works fine but not arma 2 and i have arma 2 fully updated and i wanted to do the boot camp and on the first mission it just suddenly crashed to desktop

the other day during same mission while i was changing the view distance it froze aswell

Baz
Baz

Master Sergeant

• Members
  • 728 posts

Posted 19 February 2011 - 03:56

i have the same problem with it going back to desktop but none of the suggestions seemed to work... It is just completely unresponsive and i have to shut down the arma 2 CO process via task manager in windows 7 i never had this problem in XP... In XP a would-be CTD would result in an error message appearing and the game closing.

and when i check the RPT file to see why the game stopped responding... nothing is showing in there as to what may be the cause.

Also, I seem to get graphical artifacts of white lines in the game too on any resolution and settings... Dunno why. Also i am running the beta patches too

DarkGuerilla
DarkGuerilla

Staff Sergeant

• Members
  • 216 posts

Posted 19 February 2011 - 04:31

I sent you an email.
I sent it to:
Dwarden
@bistudio.com

Posted Image
"What is an argument among friends but a waste of usable air."
Spoiler

Posted Image I loves my FIREFOX! Buzz off IE.

Michael Withstand
Michael Withstand

Sergeant

• Members
  • 164 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 04:11

I have this problem all the time! Thanks Michael!

No problem. Glad it helped. Did it?

Acid81
Acid81

Lance Corporal

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 23:58

@ Dwarden

So if i send you these three (bidmp, mdmp, rpt) files and along with the save could you guys repair the save or just analyze ?

PoorOldSpike
PoorOldSpike

Master Sergeant

• Members
  • 724 posts

Posted 04 April 2011 - 16:11

I sometimes get a total complete freeze and can't get out with Task Manager, so I have to switch off the power and reboot.
It doesn't happen very often and I can live with it but it's still annoying. Any advice?

Muscular Beaver
Muscular Beaver

Corporal

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 11:51

Hope this helps someone

have this exact problem. A lot more often since last patch. Its making the game unplayable for me because when I use this solution, it changes my resolution to 1600x1024 instead of 1680x1050 and I cant change it anymore at all after that.

Dwarden
Dwarden

BI Developer

• 9647 posts
  • LocationBrno, Czech Republic

Posted 06 April 2011 - 19:21

have this exact problem. A lot more often since last patch. Its making the game unplayable for me because when I use this solution, it changes my resolution to 1600x1024 instead of 1680x1050 and I cant change it anymore at all after that.

try please beta 79600 if the problem still exist

RealTimeChat ~ARMA2 in Your browser (w/o Java), RealTimeChat ~ARMA3 in Your browser (w/o Java),
irc.GameSurge.net/ARMA2 (external IRC clients) irc.GameSurge.net/ARMA3 (external IRC clients)
ARMA 3 Feedback Tracker: http://feedback.arma...y_view_page.php
~100k fans @STEAM ARMA 2 + ARMA 2: OA + ARMA 3: + ~2k @XFIRE A2:OA
Follow my Twitter: http://twitter.com/FoltynD or my Facebook http://facebook.com/FoltynD

Muscular Beaver
Muscular Beaver

Corporal

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 13:35

Hasnt happened since I installed that beta patch. Very nice!

Now just fix the steering bug on empty vehicles and and I am a VERY happy panda. :)

Muscular Beaver
Muscular Beaver

Corporal

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 13:45

Nevermind, just happened again. :(

Czech Mate
Czech Mate

Private First Class

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 06:14

I cant find these files anywhere D;

PLEASE dwarden look at this
http://forums.bistud...ad.php?t=118427

Tanker
Tanker

Private First Class

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 24 May 2011 - 15:35

if you get game crash (usually so called silent Crash To Desktop or with some error msg)

try locate the files arma2oa.mdmp and arma2oa.bidmp

http://community.bis...Files#ARMA_2_OA

together is also located arma2oa.rpt file
(this log file from same moment of crash is very important for complete analysis)

compress them (ideally with 7-zip but zip or rar do it too)

and send to my nickname on this forum @bistudio.com email

use subject: [Crash] sometext
*inlcuding brackers

you may add some commentary about what you done / where it happened
but it's not needed ...

note:
another option is USE CIT and create bug report ticket and upload the files there as part of the report

read more here : http://forums.bistud...ad.php?t=102991

I've done a search for these 3 files on my pc without finding them. I'm not sure if they've been created or not.

Muscular Beaver
Muscular Beaver

Corporal

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 10:29

Alright, I researched a bit and it seems its actually a problem with Nvidia cards (260 through 580). I fixed it completely by manually increasing my fan speed of the graphics card to at least 60% every time before I start ArmA 2. Now I can even play 12 hours straight without ever having to restart ArmA.
Its still funny that this problem only happens in ArmA 2.

Edited by Muscular Beaver, 06 June 2011 - 10:38.

eddie247
eddie247

Lance Corporal

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 12 June 2011 - 00:27

The crash to desktop may be your graphics card driver failing and it may / may not restart properly afterwards so you might have to completely restart your computer for it to reset.
This happened to me for a while with a GTX 285 until i realised my GPU overclock was too high and shortly after the game started running in game in full 3D mode the driver would fail and I would be stuck in the desktop without control until I pressed escape and windowed etc so I have since stopped overclocking and I don't get this problem anymore (my card was underclocked at manufacture as its the 2GB version).
I have a custom cooler that runs at 100% and the GPU temp rarely goes over 50C so heat is not the issue for me.
I think the fermi based Nvidia GPU driver resets properly after failing, without the need for a full reboot, but earlier series GPU (200's and earlier) doesn't even though it says it does in an error message near the clock in desktop.
Guaranteed way to tell whether your your card is working properly or not is to monitor the hardware frequencies on GPU monitoring software like MSI afterburner or everest. Arma 2 is the stability benchmark I use for overclocking. It'll BSOD in no time if the OC settings are very bad or just crash if they are a little way out. Then I bust out BC2 and take things from there.

Edited by eddie247, 12 June 2011 - 00:30.

togdawg11b
togdawg11b

Rookie

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 12 June 2011 - 09:16

After I installed Version 1.59 the game crashed at the main menu screen. Anyone know why this would happen.

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: arma2OA.exe
Application Version: 1.59.79.384
Application Timestamp: 4d8cde6f
Fault Module Name: arma2OA.exe
Fault Module Version: 1.59.79.384
Fault Module Timestamp: 4d8cde6f
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 0051241a
OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 214b