Sign in to follow this  
rip31st

Fields of War: Normandy 1.00 and beyond WIP thread (formerly The 31st Normandy mod)

Hi all,

From the Fields of War ( FoW ) community based mod group. Formerly known as 31st Normany mod. We've changed our name as Normandy does not apply to all in which this mod encompasses. This mod has grown beyond the bounds of Normandy. It's huge! It's gained the attention of not just our community, but as you will see soon, many outside entities.

Besides our upcoming release "Fields of War: Normandy 1.00", we plan to have subsequent releases that cover the entirety of World War Two, from the first shots fired to Fatman falling on Nagasaki. This means based on Arma2's current game engine in it's vanilla state, there will be many releases, Fields of War: Normandy 1.00 being our next.

The Normandy 1.00 release features a tremendous amount of content that is completely independant of other mods released by the ArmA community including professionally recorded sounds, highly quality textures, Most likely Armed Assault's largest gaming theater with additional maps, a ton of WW2 equipment, customized foilage, terrain, a ton of scripting, the list goes on and on. It nearly replaces everything with it's own custom effects, etc. So my pre-apologies for a very large download.

We don't want to isolate ourselves by indicating our independance from relying upon other already developed featured this community has presented. What's done is done, why make everything the same? Otherwise it would be the same old boring thing everytime a mod came out.

This means our classes will not be affected by other mods and we will not go out of our way to make them compatible them. Were not being snooty about it, we just done have the time as everything in our mod was given by our mod team members valuable personal time. Our models have their own damage system. We use a completely independant penetration calculation table that includes data based on specification of their real world counterparts. We tried to make those factors as real as possible given ArmA2 game engine limitation.

Our infantry will not work with stock ArmA2, other weapons from other mods. We have our own ammo, magazine, throw classes, and tracers. We have our own explosion effects and optics. Most of our Armor has interiors.

The release of "FoW : Normandy 1.00" will be soon. Don't bother asking when, as it comes when it's done. Online multiplayer testing will be completed by various groups that stepped forward to donate their time to volunteer to help work out most of the bugs prior to the release to prevent a multitude of "Oh crap! We forgot that patches." That hamper other mods in this community that turn off our player base. We plan to take our time and be thorough.

The status of our mod group continues to expand with multi-theater coverage. Pretty soon will will open up a public website with links to our privately held development forums. We communicate daily, come out with new content daily for upcoming releases. So work is very much in progress every day.

This new forum thread we've opened mainly highlights our name change and upcoming releases. We hope we gain community input as we love to cater to everyone and involve you - the player base. Our mod is not a competition for the best mod out there. We are well aware of all mods out there. We choose to follow our own path. We will not brag we are the best, or stay hidden from the public for vast amounts of time because we feel our work is superior to others.

BUT...I will say our mod group has done a fantastic job!

From our mod group Fields of War, Happy Thanksgiving! We give thanks to our families which allow us time and have great patience to create fun for everyone.

Thank you!

Rip31st

Edited by Rip31st
Images > 100kb

looks great :) keep up nice work !

Wow both island and units are beautiful !

I was wondering why we didn't have any pacific theater, what a nice suprise !

Wow, that last screen makes me want to watch The Pacific again. :eek:

What a great thanksgiving present! :yay:

I had thought that this mod had gone dark....

I am glad to be totally wrong.

Can't wait!

Are you going to somehow implement Flamethrowers,since they were widely used in the Pacific Theater.

Can't wait!

Are you going to somehow implement Flamethrowers,since they were widely used in the Pacific Theater.

Yes we have one.

Awesome!

There hasn't been a large pacific mod since the release of the OFP. (Only smaller packs.)

Cant wait to step to the jungle and get ambushed by Japanese...

EDIT: Does the mod have any LVT-4 landing crafts/Light tank

Great news guys! dont let anyone bring you down or discourage you! Just build it as you want and they "will" come! Bring on the pacific!!

We are in the process of making several types of landing craft.

Edited by Rip31st

Nice! I was thinking "I wish there was a pacific WW2-mod" yesterday, and here's this, very nice!

Hi Rip,

will include this MOD some desert battlegrounds (etc.Tobruk) ?

I am looking forward to this MOD ;)

FriZY;1797154']Hi Rip' date='

will include this MOD some desert battlegrounds (etc.Tobruk) ?

I am looking forward to this MOD ;)[/quote']

Yes! Tobruk

How big will this Island be? I'm not sure of the scale of Pelillu.

How big will this Island be? I'm not sure of the scale of Pelillu.

Peleliu was pretty small, about 4km I think.