Sign in to follow this  
abel

ARMA 2:OA beta patch 75445

Hey Brainbug why are you considering downgrading?

Just wait a week and a new beta will be up, so why not test full 1.55 patch meanwhile. Its not THAT bad, it has issues but what build did not?

AI groupmembers are leaving much behind when following player, sometimes again in final 1.55. Also HC group seems to move ultra slow sometimes even when there is no enemy anywhere. I havent seen these problems for long, since they were fixed months ago, but looks like they are back again. :S

Few betas back all worked (or at least seemed to work) good.

Edit: And the construction (interface) system is much worse than in orginal ArmA2. I cant build objects (static guns...) anywhere near trees or buildings. Before there was needed to be much less space between vegetation (or other objects) and these built objects. Difference is maybe even meter or two. I think it would be nice to be able to place static guns to use cover of trees, but its impossible now.

Edited by SaOk

Hey Brainbug why are you considering downgrading?

Just wait a week and a new beta will be up, so why not test full 1.55 patch meanwhile. Its not THAT bad, it has issues but what build did not?

The Retail patches all have the same "issue": The requirement of an annoyingly spinning DVD.

Yeah, it's not that bad, I'll survive it until next beta (barely). But aren't we all always striving for the most comfortable life? ;)

Im dont need my DVD running 1.55. Running CO. Not sure if its different with DLC however.

Oh yes. They are separate on my desktop always.

1.55:

"I:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\arma2OA.exe" -nosplash -skipintro

Beta:

"I:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\Expansion\beta\arma2oa.exe" -mod=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion;@CBA;@ACE;@ACEX;@ACEX_RU;@ACEX_SM;@XTRA;@isla_duala;@islands;@JTD -nosplash -skipintro

Im dont need my DVD running 1.55. Running CO. Not sure if its different with DLC however.

Me neither, using DVD versions not Sprocket (I have both of each). No DVD in drive...

I made a ticket for that over-restricted Construction Interface-system issue.

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/15171

Edit: K, seems like there was already report files for that. Here is the original:

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/7564

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/12407

Hope to see some votes for those. This isnt a big change. The Construction Interface-system was fine before, but then it changed to worse.

Edited by SaOk

that's interesting Alex72, we were fixing the the headless units and it's now in the 1.08 / 1.55

could you please recheck (or even do full reinstall) integrity of Your A2/OA data ?

Thanks Dwarden i'll see if i can fully reinstall this week. I didn't want to ticket these for that particular reason. Might be on my end.