Sign in to follow this  
dslyecxi

ShackTac Movement addons

Thank god for this!

Another thing that should be in BI's early patch fix since release.

Great work, I was always reluctant to enter building seeing as AO has now made that a feature, yet I kind of ignored it allot due to the awkwardness of it.

On a side note: You chaps have anything to try with rocks in OA ... does this lead to any fixing of the buggy rocks collision? Or is that a whole other aspect.

This is one of the best gameplay improvements arma2 has seen. It really ought to be part and parcel of official patches.

-k

*thumbs up*

Had a quick go at this and it'll definately make Compound/Building/House clearing alot easier to do :)

How (if they are) is the AI effected by this?

Presumably they aren't.

Awsome. Thanks for this. Such a small mod, for such a big gain. :D

Just adding along with everyone else. Just tried it.....love it. Helps tons with CCQ....

This is amazing. Any chance you and your guys could look into a mod that adds a third movement speed for CQB. A "fast walk" or "glide"? :)

This is amazing. Any chance you and your guys could look into a mod that adds a third movement speed for CQB. A "fast walk" or "glide"? :)

Unfortunately that's something that is beyond a modder's grasp. It'd require BIS to work up a solution like that.

Really, though, if you plot out the speeds ArmA characters move at, you're going around 5.5mph when walking with ironsights up already. That's definitely a "fast walk".

Awesome thanks for this Dslyecxi & Rj. Does this mean we can finally use Arma2 for a shooting game now? I was slowly loosing my hopes over the last 15 months of Arma2 that this would ever be fixed (maybe because i use TrackIr5 all the time = little more CQB problems). Good for BIS there is not a lot out there to replace this game with :)

Works perfectly online and even improved my framerate. I'm guessing this wont take care of the last annoyances like auto stand up if you lay down partially on a rock?

Thx again!! :yay::bounce3::239:

Nice one, sometimes I wonder if Dslyecxi is actually Jesus reborn in Arma2!

Edit: I mean no disrespect, Jesus is an aspirational person in my book. :bounce3:

Edited by o0Jedi0o

Firstly, very nicely made and thought out addons. Thank you. It seems to run very well so far for myself in SP mode.

Question, is this a clientside only mod or does the dedicated server need to run this in addition to clients?

Also, have there been any/many incidences of server crashes associated with this addon, when playing in multiplayer?

cheers

Nice one! Thanks for sharing...

/KC

Question, is this a clientside only mod or does the dedicated server need to run this in addition to clients?

Only the client needs to run it.

Also, have there been any/many incidences of server crashes associated with this addon, when playing in multiplayer?

No.

Hi,Rg, are you going to update your TrueMod into ArmaA2, I'm still missing your FOV MOD in ArmA1.

I respect your work but the problem is that a soldier knows how long his rifle is and doesn't ram it into walls in real-life.

I think it was in an excellent tactical mod for Unreal Tournament but not for Arma2.

Regards Mike

this is great!!.. now im going to enjoy urban combat like in the ravenshield days..

if someone is looking for me im in feruz abad :)

@ mike-usa

i think in real life a soldiers raises his weapen instead of getting stuck in the doorway and say hi to enemy presense

and if im correct (just watched the video on youtube) u can shoot around the corner without exposing yourself to much

no more bullits hitting invisible walls..

Edited by =KCT=BlackMamba

I respect your work but the problem is that a soldier knows how long his rifle is and doesn't ram it into walls in real-life.

I think it was in an excellent tactical mod for Unreal Tournament but not for Arma2.

Regards Mike

Except its not well implemented into Arma2 and you can find doorways and CQB to be very irritating, which BIS should address. Takes no realism away for me to be honest, its less real to feel like the OP states:

a rusted robot trying to navigate a terrifying alien world called 'indoors'

Please BI..implement it to next patch!!

Current situation is..we CAN'T be efficient at Indoors PvP.

Please guyz..