Sign in to follow this  
sgt_savage

The Unsung MOD (Vietnam War) Arma 2 Release

UNSUNG VIETNAM WAR MOD 2.0 RELEASED !!!

02-04-2011

29426834.jpg

The Unsung Vietnam War MOD is proud to announce our 2nd Release Candidate for Armed Assault 2. What started out as adding a few models and a bit of fine tuning, evolved into a behemoth expansion for our MOD.

Included in this release you will find new small arms weapons that include: .357 Magnum, .38 Special, Sterling Mk 4, Sten Mk2, Sten (Silenced), Model 12 12 Gauge Trench Shotgun, (X)M-21 Sniper Rifle, Winchester Model 70 Sniper Rifle, Browning Automatic Rifle (“BARâ€), M-1 Carbine, M-2 Carbine and XM-148.

7 New aircraft have been added to the unsung air wing. The line-up includes: CH-34 Choctaw, CH-46, CH-47, CH-53 and OH-58 Kiowa. Also included in the download are the A-1J Skyraider and F-100 Super Sabre.

We have increased the number of variations within the US Army forces that reflect real war appearances. The US Marine Corps were reworked to include the standard Marines, Marines that have different ruck sacks, Marines that include the ruck with entrenching tool and the 1969+ Marine uniforms. We are also introducing the Marine Force Recon troops for the first time in Armed Assault 2. The LRRPs and Special Forces have been reworked with added variations.

Our eastern forces have been overhauled so that they include the standard local, regional and main force Viet Cong. Not to mention the unveiling of our new Dac Cong special forces units for the NVA . Also included are the Pre 1966 North Vietnamese Infantry that have the khaki colored uniforms along with the Post 1966 green uniforms.

We have included additional MP and SP missions within the download.We are constantly expanding in this area so that the community can enjoy playing this Mod.

Along with our initial map, Lowlands, we are including new maps which include: CSJ’s South East Asia (SEA) map, our Dong Ha map (built for MP playing), the Plei Trap River Valley and the Ia Drang River Valley.

We hope you enjoy playing the MOD as much as we enjoy creating it. Remember to check out the unsung operational handbook (enclosed) it will give you in depth information regarding our Mod and a list of all content found in this release.

From the team we would like to thank the community for their interest and support of our project over the years and all those who have contributed to bring this mod to life. A special thanks to our kids, wives, girlfriends, mistresses, mama-sans etc who put up with us spending all our time working on this project …

Good luck out there… You are going to need it…

Sincerely,

The Team, Unsung Vietnam War MOD

****NOTE: MAKE SURE YOU DELETE ALL OTHER PREVIOUS VERSIONS OF THE UNSUNG BEFORE INSTALLING THIS VERSION*********

Downloads:

Part 1-http://www.gamefront.com/files/20182823/UNSUNG_MOD_ARMAII_R2_1_OF_5.rar

Part 2-http://www.gamefront.com/files/20182241/UNSUNG_MOD_ARMAII_R2_2_OF_5.7z

Part 3-http://www.gamefront.com/files/20182342/UNSUNG_MOD_ARMAII_R2_3_OF_5.7z

Part 4-http://www.gamefront.com/files/20182485/UNSUNG_MOD_ARMAII_R2_4_OF_5.7z

Part 5-http://www.gamefront.com/files/20182690/UNSUNG_MOD_ARMAII_R2_5_OF_5.7z

Mirrors:

Armed Assault Info - http://www.armedassault.info/download.php?cat=addons&id=1718

Six Updater Network- http://updater.dev-heaven.net/mods/show/7b783050-5cb6-11e0-8ee1-001517bd964c

Torrent

http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/6290200

******** Patch 1 Released 03-04-11 *********

==============================

CHANGELOG

==============================

v2.1: 03/04/11

- Added Missing miscellaneous addons from release 2.0

- Added Missing Lowlands Island

- Added Missing SP & MP files

- Added server key for Multiplayer

- Fixed missing objects errors on CSJ's S.E.A Island

Download:

Armaholic - http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=12370&a=dl

Visit

www.armanam.com for all the latest news regarding our mod

Want to know more about the history of the Unsung?

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/The_Unsung_MOD

Edited by SGT_SAVAGE
Updated links

Thank you for the long awaited Release !!!!

Hopefully your servers will perform well :) to make the community happy

Thks again :yay::yay::yay:

Cheers Neph

Gratz with release, but what about multiplayer server? I still remember to my bones how tense Jungle Fever mod was on OFP;)

download gives me an error opening the rar file

I get an error opening the file aswell, I guess the server is a bit overloaded. :)

Well Ive looked at the user guide and this definitely warrants me downloading, just from the weapons list, been waiting for something decent with a sterling a and Thompson in it.

!!!YES YES YES!!!

But Armaholic is not here to announce it...

No! No! No!

Sorry to be a child, but this release feels like Christmas. Many thanks for the work!

Edit - Armaholic's back.

Thanks for the mirror, btw.

Edited by Richey79

So far, the mod is amazing. Performance is good and the units are great, but a couple things irked me. The weapon boxes only have weapons, not ammo, so you need to access 2 crates to get all you need, kind of annoying especially when testing weapons. Also, I dislike how cluttered the mod makes the Empty tab in the editor, I think it would have been better if the vehicles were sorted in the normal Air, Cars and Vehicle tabs instead of UNSUNG Cars, UNSUNG West Objects, UNSUNG etc.

Overall, great mod and worth the wait!

Im writing down some bugs I found, please tell me if Im the only one:

- UNSUNG listed two times in the editor list

- Error message "UNSUNG Air.sqs not found", so one editor entry appears blank

- Minigun in the Cobra Gunship doesnt work

- You cant enter as a pilot in the Cobra from the outside

- Error message "CSJ_M134" not found when inserting a Huey with miniguns

I've just been on a patrol in the Operation Lowlands mission! OMG! It's awesome. So immersive, you just dont know where these Gooks are going to appear from next! Well done team. You've done a great job with this mod.

Hey team thanks for the great mod loving the immersion factor and especially the Huey's, they sound fantastic and I love how you can hear them coming from far away to pick you up.

I got a couple of questions and a bug to report to you. First the bug.

The incidental/mission music that comes on when you cross a mission point or select a mission option is very very loud, I couldn't control it with the music slider in the options menu.

My first question was how do I use the arty support via the radio?

Second, Is it possible when being "dropped off" to get the chopper to land and not shut down its engine then once you told your AI to disembark have the chopper automatically RTB?

Is it possible when being "dropped off" to get the chopper to land and not shut down its engine then once you told your AI to disembark have the chopper automatically RTB?

I second this request. I disembarked my troops then told the chopper to fly to base but it only flew a few yards then landed again and the crew disembarked and I couldt use it any more.

Congrats for the release. Now where is my theme song for Nam:tour of duty...

My first question was how do I use the arty support via the radio?

Second, Is it possible when being "dropped off" to get the chopper to land and not shut down its engine then once you told your AI to disembark have the chopper automatically RTB?

Use arty: on the radio press 0-0-0 i believe to activate arty. should get a hint saying support request available: artillery barrage. next do 0-8-1-1 on the radio and you have arty options. You will then have 3 options there. Make sure you are viewing the map and are with you rmouse pointer on the actual position of the map where you want this support as once you press on eof these 3 options it will ask for coordinates and take the coordinates that you mouse is pointing on. Also stay clear of the arty location about 2 map squares. HE rounds have a big blast radius. This is a BIS arty module, so we cannot change how it works. Maybe we will develop our own, but doubt it as this works.

Chopper RTB stuff: The chopper lands and stays there for all troops to disembark that is set up that way in the script. This script is still in development so it will most likely improve abit, we will keep in mind the shutting down of the engine and see if we can still have it on. We didn't want automatic RTB as you might decide to have it stay around and wait for you. Wouldn't that be a b#$%h if you ran out the jungle in a hurry a few seconds after getting into it with hordes of vc on your tail and the chopper rtb'd already and you will have to wait a few minutes for it to come pick you up again on the LZ with charlie breathing down your neck. Plus LZ hopping is now quicker. That's why it's set up like that.

I second this request. I disembarked my troops then told the chopper to fly to base but it only flew a few yards then landed again and the crew disembarked and I couldt use it any more.

Have never seen this happen :confused: I made this mission and tested it like over a 1000 times i believe. Sounds like a one time fubar. I'd suggest (how crappy it is to say this) to revert to a previous saved point and try again. It worked for me every time. Only thing i can think of is that the Huey took to much enemy fire and was badly damaged and that's why the AI decided to land it a few yards on.

Script is set up so that when the chopper should rtb through script, to get up to a point near where it has landed and then from there fly back to base. This so it's an easy fly out instead of an immediate lift and fly off as that resulted in heaps of tree and branch in bum incidents.

Tried again and this time the crew did attempt to fly back to base after I told them to. Trouble was it flew into a tree and blew up! Mind you it was a tall tree lol. Re the first incident of the crew disembarking, I hadnt taken any fire that I was aware of but as it didnt happen the second time I reckon its just one of those wierd ARMA flukes.

All in all, I am having a ball. One thing though. when I am being given replacement troops, is there any way that I can choose a medic? I lost my medic on a patrol and when I got replacements, none of them was a medic.

One thing though. when I am being given replacement troops, is there any way that I can choose a medic? I lost my medic on a patrol and when I got replacements, none of them was a medic.

Nope no way to choose. It's random. You might end up having 2-3 medics, or 1, or none. Made deliberately this way by me so players appreciate the medics and take care of them. Without a medic you are screwed, only way out then is chopper extraction so you can heal at base. So yeah no medics in your squad, then you will have to make do with what you got. Just hope the next replacement will be a medic then. And then really take good care of him :p

Congrats for the release. Now where is my theme song for Nam:tour of duty...

Wazfo1HJu_I

Tour of Duty Season 1 - better than the Hollywood crud.

Congratulations on the release guys, I know I've been looking forward to it for a while. I've been doing a lot of reading on Vietnam lately with a bunch of books on ORBAT, TO&E, location of bases and summaries of operations so I'll definitely be making a mission. :)