Sign in to follow this  
pathetic_berserker

Mil Mi-24A Krokodil

Needs loads of horrible glare and reflection in the cockpit so that you accidentaly crash into the ground and such.......... :P

yes, more and more needed :)

Mi24A, MiGs , more MI (6, 4, ...)

it would be good to have much more helicopters in this game

would be also good to have something like "cold war 70s" or even earlier :)

I may be dreaming but I'm hoping to kick BO butt ,at least as far as the cockpit goes.

Progress is still slow as finishing up study has crashed into house renovating, wich has crashed into Christmas, wich will crash into the arrival of my 3rd child in January.......

But progress IS being made. Its just that UV unwrapping is so time consuming I havn't got any worth while pics for you yet.

Ahh, I see congratulations are in place. :)

We ain't going nowhere, take your time. ;)

i understand you're busy (me too) but i hope you will give some screens of this model again :)

i really would like to see this in game :)

Progress is grinding but atleast still moving forward.

Youll have to exuse the mash of a texture for a moment (its kind of like graphical note taking) but I thought I'd show my early Russian version and get some feed back. I was a bit reluctant to put any twist through the cabin doors or stub wings just yet because I've found it difficult to get a fix on the exact amont, my references (at least for A variants) seems to vary and at times depends on the state of disrepair . Basicly I need to know if people think its enough or needs more.

krockabit.jpg

Oh that child number 3, my second boy, arrived last Tuesday and both he and his mother are doing great.

Looks very nice pal. Congrats on the child. Take your time dude. quality is worth waiting for. Whats the info on the twist you need? I may have some reference...

Grats on 3rd child! That's nice WIP.

I see that's the tail is still leveled with a cockpit and I'd suggest that you should tilt it with whole cargo fuselage.

P.S.:When I wrote about the tilted fuselage I mentioned that the exact blueprints are hard to find. Well, actually it turned out that I found them not long time ago. ;)

mil-mi-24v-hind-blueprin.jpgmil-mi-24v-hind-blueprin.jpg

I hope the work will be a lot easier from now. If not, like as wolfbite said, just take your time and sleep the thing.

Edited by SmukY

hmm I think I'm using already using using the same refs that Smurky has pointed out.The twist cross sections still seem a bit 'lose'

mi24aortho.th.jpg

But looking at my ortho it seems the twist has disapeared either through some fault of my own or an optical illusion. Checking back over the original material the twist is a bit more obvious. DOH!

hmm I think I'm using already using using the same refs that Smurky has pointed out.The twist cross sections still seem a bit 'lose'

But looking at my ortho it seems the twist has disapeared either through some fault of my own or an optical illusion. Checking back over the original material the twist is a bit more obvious. DOH!

To be fair the twist is only 2.5 degrees. Its easy to miss.

Chip!

Much happier with the twist now I think

krokadiltwist.jpg

And details are still building, though I'm begining to struggle finding bits i may have missed so it will down to textures pretty soon.

krockbelly.jpg

Edited by Pathetic_Berserker

Not looking to wow anyone here , just a little proof of progress.

Currently fine tuning my maping and laying out a visual template for instrument gauges

krokodilproofofprogress.jpg

This is now my favourite "in progress addon" addon for ArmA II. Not only is it very detailed, but also creative, to choose such a rare helicopter. When I heard NodUnit was making a new helicopter I was hoping for something like this, but then was dissapointed by the fact that is was just another AH-64. But then you came to the rescue :D

When I heard NodUnit was making a new helicopter I was hoping for something like this, but then was dissapointed by the fact that is was just another AH-64.
I agree. The AH-64 and AH-1 are so over done it's not even funny. I honestly would like to see a UH-1D or UH-1H gunship, Sikorsky H-34 Choctaw,HH-3, or a OV-1 Mohawk.

Moar please? :pray:

Agreed, would love to see more of this bird in and out, don't be afraid to show her off :)

If you'd like to convey dissapointment about me then please do so in my thread, I'd rather not having this one being dragged into OT for any reason concerning me.

Edited by NodUnit

If you'd like to convey dissapointment about me then please do so in my thread, I'd rather not having this one being dragged into OT for any reason concerning me.

Oh, your AH-64 is still my second favourite addon...And even if it would be my most-hated-ever-addon, what would you have to care? :D

You misunderstand. I wasn't trying to say anything against you, your Apaches are by far the best Apaches out there. I was just saying that everyone seems to be so intent on making AH-64s and AH-1s when there are way more helicopters out there. Don't be so quick to take offense...

You wanna maybe take it to PMs or NodUnit's thread like he requested? I'm not sure the rest of us are interested in how you justify your opinions.

Back on topic. Good luck Berserker, can't wait to see it in action.