Sign in to follow this  
nodunit

AH-64 Pack

Not too much in the way for public updates at the moment, most changes are unseen behind the scenes with bug fixes, a few model tweaks and a change to the unwrap to make some things easier elsewhere, though it has made lots of room for future expansion on a single texture including ASPI, also fixed a few niggling innacuracies, probably not going to be too visible but they were driving me up a wall.

Also lowered polycount a smidgen but mostly its about optimizing the UV's...fun little fact for those of you early in making the unwrap process, say you have an eight sided cylinder and you unwrap the sides and then the top, despite maybe not having different shading groups the program is still calculating them as split edges. So if you have a lot of split edges you artificially raise the polycount (discovered in an experiment wherein I was able to load a 17K object into bulldozer without problem but very simple UV's)

Needless to say, with all the bits and bobs this created a LOT of tiny UV islands and as such a lot of splits, poor planning to further detail items that would not be in the players eye much at all...lessons learned.

So remember, if you have duplicate parts that share UV space, be sure to weld them otherwise the problem is duplicating the polycount due to that even if it doesn't directly mirror the count on a visual number....O_o

EDIT: New UV's layed out, now in the process of baking the AO and its fixes, then going to move as much as I can of the normal and diffuse map over to save time instead of repainting everything.

Edited by NodUnit

The answer we're going to get to a question of 'When' is, of course, going to be 'When it's done.' Still, do you think that at this stage we're looking at a timeframe of months or years?

The answer we're going to get to a question of 'When' is, of course, going to be 'When it's done.' Still, do you think that at this stage we're looking at a timeframe of months or years?

I believe you answered your own question, please don't ask for updates. I am sure soon as Franze has some information he will post it.