Sign in to follow this  
00dc15

New advanced IED script is out

Very nice work and very promising.

I noticed you're only allowing BLUFOR to be the target of the IEDs. I'd rather like to see that as a parameter and/or allowing multiple sides to trigger the detonation.

Otherwise all 5 thumbs up.

Edited by mrCurry
Typos

Tested this script, pretty great work has been done here.

Never experienced such intense caution needed, when using this script to play a simple mission made via editor. Every damn windows and floors is carefully observed to see whether any taki is behaving strangely.

How bout releasing this in the complete section? So the mission designers can pick this up?

Tested this script, pretty great work has been done here.

Never experienced such intense caution needed, when using this script to play a simple mission made via editor. Every damn windows and floors is carefully observed to see whether any taki is behaving strangely.

How bout releasing this in the complete section? So the mission designers can pick this up?

I believe it ain't complete yet, he still has some interesting things he wants to implement and improve (but don't quote me)

00dc15, this may be of interest (haven't tried it myself)

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=107888

As an FYI, testing using ACE 1.5 (build 390, RC5 I think?) the IEDs never spawn on the ground. I believe this is a bug in that build of ACE.

Testing with build 400 (the stable release/RC6) the issue of the IEDs not appearing is resolved.

Can someone help a total noob and tell me where I'm going wrong.

I place a man on the map and put this in the Init line null= [this,10,5,"Rnd","Sw",0,"bin","noGun","Run",] execVM "IED_Man_v6.sqf";

When I click OK I get the message "Missing [" This only happens when I remove the I as stated in first post.

If I put the I back in I get this, No entry "bin\config.bin/CfgMagazines.any

And if I put this in the Init line the guy runs about 10 yards, stops and lies down null= [this,5,2,"GrndL","Mo",0,"bin","","run"] execVM "IED_Man_v6.sqf"

I'm running OA patched to 1.54 with BAF installed.

Can someone help a total noob and tell me where I'm going wrong.

I place a man on the map and put this in the Init line [null= [this,10,5,"Rnd","Sw",0,"bin","noGun","Run",] execVM "IED_Man_v6.sqf";

Delete the comma highlighted in red above (straight after the "Run").

And if I put this in the Init line the guy runs about 10 yards, stops and lies down null= [this,5,2,"GrndL","Mo",0,"bin","","run"] execVM "IED_Man_v6.sqf"

I'm running OA patched to 1.54 with BAF installed.

Silly question but I have to ask! Have you have got the IED_Man_v6.sqf file in your mission folder, not a sub-folder? With that line, he should kneel down, place an IED, then start running around trying to find a look out location, during which a dead body will appear and disappear at the IED location.

Best running 00dc15's sample mission first (see how he's done it), then go from there.

Edited by gnarly_rider

Put it on our scripts section at Assault Mission Studio. Seems to be that the rapidshare link doesn't work...for me. :)

dlicon.gif

Advanced IED Script by 00dc15

Thanks gnarly, removing the comma did the trick.

Any idea how I could mix this or parts of this script into a BE Warfare map? I've been trying to find a way to incorporate it into the occupation forces for the towns, so when the patrols spawn, there's several of these IED ambushers ready to pounce in the town. However when I try to test it out I keep getting crashes.

I'm curious if there's a way to simply either script a guy to spawn and perform the actions, or to just mix it into one of the patrollers.

Any thoughts?

Alright, well I just went ahead and manually placed all the IED ambushers. Now the only issue I'm trying to figure out is why they'll go through all the actions, but not detonate the IED's when either West or East troops enter the trigger range. I'm trying to debug using just the West side trigger statements, but even then they aren't detonating. Seems like they go through all the actions of the script properly. Such as planting, running around finding cover and concealment, and then waiting and observing.

Finally tested this on a dedicated server in Multiplayer Cop, and ran into some major issues:

- The spotter seems to teleport around continuously the whole game (1-2 hours after mission start) generally ending up in the middle of the road, but not always. This was in takisatan with lots of buildings overlooking IED locations, which worked perfectly well in editor (triggerman hid in building etc)

- When the engineer player defuses the IED (after teleporting triggerman has been eliminated), IED still remains visible for other players.

I get similar strange results,

1. If I set all options to Zero, meaning he just stands by the bomb in line of site, Then I drive up to the bomb it does not detonate.

2. If I set any of the options beyond zero it appears he never finds a location to set off the bomb as the body continually respawns as Gnarly Sees above.

3. Seems I have the same issues and thats locally hosted in the editor.

Seems the error is here

File mpmissions\__cur_mp.Takistan\IED_Man_v6.sqf, line 145

Bad conversion: array

Error in expression <d_A_Minaret_EP1";};_BuildingArray = nearestobjects [_man, [_BT],120];If ( >

Error position: <nearestobjects [_man, [_BT],120];

If ( >

Error 0 elements provided, 3 expected

Anyone understand the fix for this, loops this error on dedi server and the poor guy goes crazy looking for the sweet spot...

This script works beautiful on the new Fallujah map - AI picks great hide spots and with much trash around you at times (especially during firefights) can't always keep your eyes open / spotting for IEDs...

Works great on my Domination Fallujah map that i've made this weekend! Now to find a way to randomly spawn these guys around the map the whole time. Perhaps a respawn script will do the trick...

Will they randomly create IED's around the map until they get killed?

Just realized that I never said thanks in this thread.

This is a great script man. I love it. Thanks for the good work!

Is there anyway that we could intergrate something like this?

So say certain convoy's will be protected whilst infantry or other convoys are still at risk?

DE26ViSOIfQ

There has been no activity from the author since 23rd September ...... anyone have any contact details so that we can perhaps get an update ?

In particular, although this is GREAT for takistan, we need other building types included so that the scripts may be used in ANY building in the ArmaUniverse. Pretty please, with bells on !

I would also love to get in contact with the author, since I've made changes to this script that make it work with my IED detection and Ordnance Disposal Scripts.

I wanted to know if it was ok to publish it, James please if you are reading this let me know ;)

I will continue to improve the script & add further options, but if any one wants to re-write sections or adapt it to there requirements please feel free. Finally please feel free to post any comments or questions & I'll try to answer them, if you do change the script or have a better idea please post it in this topic.

Just an extract from the end of the script description on page one, as with most scripts the authors generally dont mind improvments or modifications aslong as they are posted in the thread for themselves and others to use/enjoy.