Sign in to follow this  
callihn

Panthera Island Domination West AI for CO V1

I've spent far too much time on this mission so hopefully someone will find it useful, it's an edit of Bushlurker's port of Xeno's Domination to IceBreakr's Panthera Island as found here:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=1502847&postcount=1

I tried to fix as many issues as I could, one of which was breaking the mission completely when it called Lesce & Airport, that was changed to Lesce and Airport, there were far too many fixes to mention, few were major, most were minor. I then added some additional content, like, air support, random enemy anti-air to counter the air support, configurable overcast, configurable time of day, configurable AI shot detection by CarlGustaffa. (Experimental), IED script by Nielsen with random IEDs placed around the map, Save loadout script by Bon, Searchlight script by Deathcon5 used by base security and I updated the characters to OA. I have also signed it as well. I'd tell you more but then there would be no surprises and I know you all like surprises.

It may still have a few bugs in it, probably minor and if you find one and have a fix for it then it might get fixed someday if you let me know. Should work with ACE, though it's not supported.

arma2oa2010091610225021.jpg

So you'll need Combined Operations and you'll need Panthera Island which you can find here:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=7467

The mission can be downloaded here:

Mirror 1

Mirror 2

Armaholic Mirrors

This is my first released edit on a BIS engine, I just got ArmA II in January of this year.

Edited by callihn
Update mirrors

I never had to install a mission that came with bisign and server key what should I do with those? Should I make an addon folder? Thanks...

Added news to my Island's Website. Thanks man!

Thank you and Bushlurker, if it where not for your island and his port I wouldn't have had anything to work with, let's not forget about Xeno and Domination either, and your welcome.

Thank you very much for this!!!

Your welcome.

I never had to install a mission that came with bisign and server key what should I do with those? Should I make an addon folder? Thanks...

The one key in the Keys folder goes in your servers Keys folder, the rest goes in your servers MPMissions folder, this allows you to setup your server to check file signatures, anytime you are not checking file signatures you are allowing people to cheat very easily, including but not limited to, spawning weapons, vehicles, etc., teleporting, causing damage to other players, etc., etc, if they can script it then it can be done.

That's why we need a better listen/host server that can use the server.cfg file and run BE.

Adding it to our server, thx m8

Thanks.

Edited by callihn

AWESOME!!!!! WORKS PERFECT!!! Thank you again for your skills!! Would it be possible to get a DOM or an EVO Working on the Maps that NEVER have them on it such as Namalsk, Jade Groove, Thirsk, etc? Some excellent large maps out there that dont barely have any missions attatched to them would be great if someone gave us some dom or evo on them. Ill be following your posts of more work as I love your mission thanks bro.

Hi Callihn!

Delighted to see you finally releasing this - you've worked long and hard on this one for a quite a while! Brilliant! As soon as I get my little home dedi server reconfigured and running again I'll be checking this out for sure...

Panthera's been my favourite island for a loong time... not sure why... because it's based on real terrain I guess - theres a reality factor there it's hard to fake with entirely fictitious terrain...

Don't downplay your work here, by the way - sure, were it not for the Mighty IceB and Panthera none of this would be happening, and without Xeno there would be no "core" Domination, but my guide and my port were just that - a guide and a couple of barely complete core ports - just enough to get the mission on the island and not immediately crashing... All the tailoring and personalising and making the missions believable within that terrain was missing... YOU did that, by yourself - with minimal assistance... well done!

Would it be possible to get a DOM or an EVO Working on the Maps that NEVER have them on it such as Namalsk, Jade Groove, Thirsk, etc?

Domination has moved on a little since my porting guide - actually, if anything, there's LESS work involved in porting now, less things to gather coordinates for... (actually, I suspect that Xeno actually simplified the layout internally at least partly to make porting to different terrains easier - it's the sort of thing he'd do and just not mention)... it's possible to move it to any island with minimal fuss, the work begins once you've got it there... Islands like Thirsk (another favourite), are pretty small, you'd need to do a lot of what Callihn has been doing - tailor the spawning and sidemissions, etc to suit the new terrain - thats where the time and the slowly acquired skillz come into play...

B

Edited by Bushlurker

Well porting is time consuming, having to get the positions and change them in the code and either creating or finding a method to get the positions prior to that, so that was a big help too, if I had to port it first it probably would have never happend.

I liked Panthera because it's green, I don't care so much for deserts and dullness, Lingor looks interesting.

Edited by callihn

hey what ied script did you use i would like to put it on my domination map

IED script by Nielsen with random IEDs placed around the map.

That one. :)

So tell me what is it that you dislike about it, what changes would you like to see?