Sign in to follow this  
xeno426

TGW Vehicle Fixes

Xeno, any chance you'll be making the BMP-3 30mm zero-able?

You've made it possible for the BTR-90.

The BMP-3's 2A42 cannon is already zeroable. The BMP-3's cannon is the exact same one use by the Ka-52.

Are you guys gonna add tab locking to the 2 shot TOW on the bradley and the stryker to model the improved acquisition system? If So I've already made a mod that does it and i'd be happy to share...

just makes bluefor more OP lol. Those missiles are extremely easy to score kills with already.

just makes bluefor more OP lol. Those missiles are extremely easy to score kills with already.

Agreed. OPFOR needs more lov'in. I've heard the next DLC will be something like PMC or some similar independent group, which is disappointing.

This addon is really useful. I like it very much. But could you please (!) add these thermal visions to the bwmod tanks&apc?

No such plans. Haven't they updated since OA was released?

The BMP-3's 2A42 cannon is already zeroable. The BMP-3's cannon is the exact same one use by the Ka-52.

Yeah sorry, was using an older version.:o

The idea for the TOW tab lock is so that ordering your ai to attack something with the TOW isn't so painful.

what i have noticed was that the Stryker MGS doesn't have a zeroing ability anymore

check the UH-1Y, im getting 3 crew chief positions that shoot from the same minigun :X

check the UH-1Y, im getting 3 crew chief positions that shoot from the same minigun :X

That's really weird. I'll look into that bug.

Ok, I've got the bug fixed. Also fixed a different bug with the MGS Stryker. See first post for details.

thanks for this amazing add on! i specially love the orange thermal imaging, by the way is there any possibility of using the green thermal imaging on the Apache's Flir? it woudl b great, an add a lot of realism, seeing thourgh the FLiR on a green monochrome monitor

I left the Apache FLIR as Black/White because every video footage of the Apache's FLIR mode I've seen has been in BW, not green.

Yes, but those videos are the recorded footage, the gunner in the Apache sees the FLIR images through a green monochrome CRT screen, like this one:

ah-64d-tads.jpg

So the Flir really "see" in black and white, but beacuse of the screen in the cockpit is displayed on green shades.

I love the black and white thermal imaging too, but i think it would be interesting adding the green to the Apache, i have used that vision in the M1A1 gunner position and it is very well done, added to the AH-64 would be amazing

Maybe I am mistaken but I think I once read the color of the FLIR image is adjustable and the operator can toggle between white hot and black hot.

Here in this video it is shown how the gunner sees trough those green CRT displays in his cockpit, watch at 3:45, 3:57, and 4:00

Xeno426, if you have time could you add the green thermal vision to the Apache? it woudl be great!

Even more of the images show the FLIR as B&W. I'd be interested in seeing a picture of the ORT in use, since that is the primary display for the gunner.

Show us an image of the apache display in black and white from inside the cockpit :)

Well form the ORT i don't have images, if someone have it woudl be a help if they post. About the black and white images, as i already said, when the flir images are shown, in any color display, like a color tv or computer monitor, we can watch them as they are really filmed, that's why the black and white. But in the displays of the apache, that are monochrome green, thats why are shown in that color, even the day tv camera it is green, because these monitors can't show other colors, i think it is pretty clear in the video and the photo i posted. This happens in other aircrafts too look this F-15 strike eagle

F-15e_cockpit.jpg

So if you don't want to add it, i respect your decision, and i am thankful for this add on you made, but i insist that a green Apache Flir would add a lot of realism, because we would see through the flir like the real gunner does.

TGW Vehicle Fixes break Apache AI gunners (and most likely gunners of other choppers as well)

They now fire a single bullet per second with M230 instead of proper long bursts like in vanilla and need to come within ~100m from target before they achieve at least half of an original rate of fire. Hydras are broken too sometimes - gunner absolutely refuses to fire them.

Here is a mission to show the problem

Try running it with and without the mod and see the difference:

http://www.mediafire.com/?vzoeq6xtvj0125x

Come out from behind the barn and observe the chopper flying from the forest to your front

Edited by metalcraze

I've fixed the issue with the Apache.

I've changed engagement distances in config.bin to vanilla ones.

class M230: CannonCore
{
	class manual: CannonCore
	{
		soundBurst=0;
		aiRateOfFire=1.500000;
		showToPlayer=1;
		aiRateOfFireDistance=1000;
[b]			minRange=0;
		midRange=200;
		maxRange=400;[/b]
		minRangeProbab=0.049000;
		midRangeProbab=0.300000;
		maxRangeProbab=0.090000;
	};
};

Now Apache attacks in short bursts with 3-4 bullets from 1 km and in long bursts (up to 7-8 bullets) from 400m and less.

Hopefully TGW will take this into account and we will see a signed fix soon.

I've tested other USMC air vehicles and they do not seem to be broken.

another thing:

This addon plus the WarFX, remove the LAv25 maingun ammos,

making it unable to fire.

This isn't TGW VehFix issue. OpticalSnare for some reason created a different class and a name for ammo in WARFX_Wep config. I reported the issue to him and seem to have fixed it in the meantime as well.

Edited by metalcraze

@MetalCraze: I'll contact xeno426 as soon as he's online and show him your fix.

another thing:

This addon plus the WarFX, remove the LAv25 maingun ammos,

making it unable to fire.

What does this mean? You want the Lav-25's ammo for the cannon removed? That would make it have no ammo.

Please try to re-explain the issue in detail.