I've been waiting for an update! Great news, I can't wait to give it a whirl. Thanks Robalo!

Excellent news, I'm a big fan of this addon. Makes elite troops truly elite. :D

does this play well with zeus_ai or is there a conflict?

does this play well with zeus_ai or is there a conflict?

No conflict that I know of. Can't tell for sure, not a Zeus AI user.

Is it possible to disable AI rearming from bodies (which is annoying when they move around without me telling them to) but only allow them to rearm from their own backpacks?

Can this run serverside?

Sure, that's probably the most common usage scenario for this (install it just on the server). In MP you don't need this on clients unless you play with AI in your group and want them enhanced.

Is it possible to disable AI rearming from bodies (which is annoying when they move around without me telling them to) but only allow them to rearm from their own backpacks?

Not at the moment. AI will just scan all places in a short radius and rearm from the closest ones first. You can prevent rearming by setting danger mode or stealth or giving a stop order.

Edited by Robalo_AS

Is it anything i need to do in the editor to activate it? Right now, they don't rearm or such, in my mission.

Using ACE and Six Updater. I've downloaded this in Six updater, and copied the thing to userconfig, and no more or less. But they dont rearm.

*EDIT

Now i tested little more.

After creating just a mission to test if it worked, it did. But before the guys start rearming, can be many minutes. Whats the problem then? like 4 minutes before they start to rearm everything. Sometimes one is faster than the other and maybe rearm after 10-20 secounds.

Edited by FortuN

Is it anything i need to do in the editor to activate it? Right now, they don't rearm or such, in my mission.

Using ACE and Six Updater. I've downloaded this in Six updater, and copied the thing to userconfig, and no more or less. But they dont rearm.

*EDIT

Now i tested little more.

After creating just a mission to test if it worked, it did. But before the guys start rearming, can be many minutes. Whats the problem then? like 4 minutes before they start to rearm everything. Sometimes one is faster than the other and maybe rearm after 10-20 secounds.

Six Updater should put the userconfig file in place automatically for you.

Yes initialization is delayed, allowing other scripts to use resources, and it's not usually needed right from the start, but later after a firefight when the units actually spent some ammo.

Six Updater should put the userconfig file in place automatically for you.

Yes initialization is delayed, allowing other scripts to use resources, and it's not usually needed right from the start, but later after a firefight when the units actually spent some ammo.

Yes, but they have a very long space between the refills, i removed their weapon and ammo, in the test mission. And added some in a hmmw and had some soldiers setDamage 1 so the could loot the.

For 3 of my men, it can take up to 5 or more minutes before they loot everything. And sometimes they loot and don't pick up anything, and after a while they loot again and then pickup a weapon. Very strange hehe.

Yes, but they have a very long space between the refills, i removed their weapon and ammo, in the test mission. And added some in a hmmw and had some soldiers setDamage 1 so the could loot the.

For 3 of my men, it can take up to 5 or more minutes before they loot everything. And sometimes they loot and don't pick up anything, and after a while they loot again and then pickup a weapon. Very strange hehe.

Well, that's an artificial testing scenario. Usually they start with gear. The ammo resupply intervals vary between 30-40 seconds for player's AI and 120-150 seconds for the rest of the AI. Should be reasonable IMO, reason for not making the checks more often is performance. This code can run on hundreds of AI on the server.

For your AI, I'll see about adding a "Rearm Now!" command :)

This is awesome, the AI really scared the shit out of me...

Robalo_AS

Thanks for working and maintaining this.

I really am sick of my AI screaming out of ammo and doing nothing about it.

Can't wait to test with ACE today.

Really necessary addon for immersion.

Cheers

I can't seem to find anything about this so hopefully I didn't miss the info, didn't see it in the readme or first post.

Do we need to use all the .pbos? Can I just use the airearming.pbo? If so do I need the asr_ai_main.pbo as well?

You can grab just one of the rearming or skills pbos if you like, together with main, which is needed by both.

The better way to disable features though is by editing the userconfig.

Robalo, thanks very much for the update. I'm dying to try it out.

Just one detail though...

Does this mod with these 3 pbos :

asr_ai_sys_aiskill

asr_ai_sys_airearming

asr_ai_main

Replace these 2 pbos?

asr_weaponreplacements

asr_vfai

Robalo, thanks very much for the update. I'm dying to try it out.

Just one detail though...

Does this mod with these 3 pbos :

asr_ai_sys_aiskill

asr_ai_sys_airearming

asr_ai_main

Replace these 2 pbos?

asr_weaponreplacements

asr_vfai

It replaces my previous asr_vfai and asr_aiskill addons, but asr_weaponreplacements was part of another mod, the grenadier fix.

Crumbs that was quick.

OK I geddit so I delete asr_vfai but leave asr_weaponreplacements.

Incidentally, can you confirm that :

a) ASR AI Skills is NOT compatible with A2 ?

b) asr_vfai that IS compatible with A2 ?

Sorry to bother you but a few tards in our group are still stuck on A2 :(

Crumbs that was quick.

OK I geddit so I delete asr_vfai but leave asr_weaponreplacements.

Incidentally, can you confirm that :

a) ASR AI Skills is NOT compatible with A2 ?

b) asr_vfai that IS compatible with A2 ?

Sorry to bother you but a few tards in our group are still stuck on A2 :(

Both a) and b) - which is now included here were made for OA/CO and use OA specific scripting commands. If by any chance they work on A2 only and actually provide any functionality I can't say, sorry.

Well, that's an artificial testing scenario. Usually they start with gear. The ammo resupply intervals vary between 30-40 seconds for player's AI and 120-150 seconds for the rest of the AI. Should be reasonable IMO, reason for not making the checks more often is performance. This code can run on hundreds of AI on the server.

For your AI, I'll see about adding a "Rearm Now!" command :)

Hehe yeah, think so.

They still just wait, now when i played some more, i took one of the guys who had no ammo, and waited like 5 minutes at a box with ammo, without even trying to refill it. He just screamed "Out of Ammo" all the time. But never took something.

Both a) and b) - which is now included here were made for OA/CO and use OA specific scripting commands. If by any chance they work on A2 only and actually provide any functionality I can't say, sorry.

Thx for the quick and clear answer. Now stop apologising ;)

Seriously mate its one of the best mods out there.

Maybe your could say something "A2 compatibility: untested (use at your own risk)"

Have a long, warm beer on me. Preferably an ale :p

FortuN: there are some situations when rearming is suspended. Try this: set AI mode to Safe then get them to regroup. It will be improved, actually here's a list with changes from last one so far:

AI checks for gear more often.

They now also take binoculars and, if it's dark, NVGs.

Group leaders go back to their former position after rearming instead of remaining at the cache (the other units are still regrouping at leader's position).

Also now counting items in the IFAK when ACE wounding is enabled.

Units can be individually prevented from rearming by setting a variable like this: _unit setVariable ["asr_ai_sys_airearming_pause", 1]; (set back to 0 to resume rearming).

Never rearm in stealth mode, even if having no weapons or ammo.

In combat mode, rearm only if there's no more ammo for the primary weapon (all other modes allow rearming - careless, safe, aware).

All this in next update (soon).

Updated to 1.4 in first post.

Quick demo showing AI stealing Vectors and NVGs.

First part (day) has ACE wounds on, second part (night) does not.

EJOjg1NMvN4