Lester

ASC - Customizable Weapon Addon

Today the ASC Addon Team present you a long and hard worked Addon called ASC_WP (Weaponpack).

It allows the players to customize a big case of weapons with silencers for different calibers, a bunch of optics and some equipments like M203, Flashlight, IR-Laser via a WYSIWYG Weapon Modify Menu.

Also a functionality is in there that there is a customizeable chance that careless running players can damage their weapon optics near objects.

All these full SP/MP/JIP compatible !

ASC_WP.jpg

At weapons who supports both types of enlightment ( Flashlight and IR-Laser) you can also switch between them via the 'u' key. (it's customizeable via userconfig) and you can see the active Mode for a short time.

(See on the left on the picture the active Laser Mode)

For this Release we tuned the following weapons in over 400 different mostly real variants:

- Bizon

- G36

- M107

- M14A1

- M16A4

- M240

- M249

- M4A1

- M9 Beretta

- Makarov

- Mk12

- Uzi

More will come, but it depends on the community echo, if other Addonmakers will also use our mechanism and of cause time.

The ASC_WP needs Armed Assault II : Operation Arrowhead or Combined Operations

Required Addons:

CBA (Community Base Addons) (not in this Pack included)

ASC_Core (1.0 in this pack included)

<ASC_WP Misc Freehoster Download links>

download_pages.png

< Armaholic Mirror >

Edited by Lester

yes, you have set this var.

ASC_WM_Set = [ WeaponsCanModifiedBool , OpticsCanDamagedBool, [ DamageChance/sec , RepairconditionString , DamageSoundClassArray , AfterRepairCommandString ] ];

Indexname Default Value

WeaponsCanModifiedBool true

OpticsCanDamagedBool true

DamageChance/sec 0.001

RepairconditionString "count (nearestObjects [player, ASC_Repairvehicles + ASC_AddRepairvehicles, 7]) > 0"

DamageSoundClassArray [ "ASC_OpticCrash_S" , "ASC_OpticCrash_L" , "ASC_OpticCrash_S" ]

AfterRepairCommandString ""

Overall we set the variable to a very tolerated default value found out in many hours of playing.

However you have to sprint near objects to activate the chance to damage it. ;)

Could you explain more on how this works. Can you pick up any gun, click a key and customize your gun the way you want, or do you do it in breifing? or what? I'm a bit confused.

Sounds really cool, but would like to know more before I download.

Could you explain more on how this works. Can you pick up any gun, click a key and customize your gun the way you want, or do you do it in breifing? or what? I'm a bit confused.

Sounds really cool, but would like to know more before I download.

It is basically a similar (altough much more polished) version as i introduced a while ago here: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=102386

At the very and, it is simple removeweapon/addweapon.

@Lester, very well done, will try it out. Any plans to include default BIS weapons to it?

for example:

you picup a weapon from Ammobox, and an Item (Optics, M203, Flashlight etc.)

via actionmenu, you can open a dialog to modifed your weapon.

this system works only with ASC Weapons this Time.

regreetz

Marco

@work

Does this package offer the flexibility to create any type of weapon/combination as offered by the

Lets say I want to make a M4 with Aimpoint and M203 -- a model not present in arma2/oa by default -- can this mod do it?

-k

@work

Does this package offer the flexibility to create any type of weapon/combination as offered by the

Lets say I want to make a M4 with Aimpoint and M203 -- a model not present in arma2/oa by default -- can this mod do it?

-k

No, it requires that the target model does exist, as far as i understand the system. ;)

I would say, RHS need something like this system. This is pretty good. I guess its that, what BIS has should do from the first time on.

It would be nice to Add more different Models. I mean, its all over much of work, i appreciated it of course! But imagine if you could use this one with RHS Weapon Packs. Because there you have the M4, and you could equip them with all Attachments you could imagine. And M203 and Aim-point wouldn't be a problem than.

I guess this is an nice Idea and can brings more realism to the Game as well. But as i said, with the big amount of Guns by an RHS AddOn, this would be really rock!

But i give it a try. Looks great so far.

Jarhead

for example:

you picup a weapon from Ammobox, and an Item (Optics, M203, Flashlight etc.)

via actionmenu, you can open a dialog to modifed your weapon.

this system works only with ASC Weapons this Time.

regreetz

Marco

So will there be an ammo box called ASC Weapons? Or something like that?

@Myke

Marco-Polo-IV works since a very long time and the most laborious work at this project.

Hopefully someone from BIS make advances to this system through force the weapon models with config editable proxys for the weapon components.

That would make this System very much easier.

Don't forget that each more variant actual doubles the model amount. :cry:

And sure, the target weapon have to be existst/allowed. We have us orientated most at real combinations.

Have look in the gear all possible components of this weapon are listed in the shortdescription.

Cool down Lester, wasn't implying anything. Happens often enough that several independent people work on same things without knowing.

I just wait for those people who posted comments like "meh, it's just removeweapon/addweapon" in my thread to see what they will post here. :D

It looks very nice and well advanced/polished. Would be cool if you consider to look over BIS weapons and provide config replacement to include this stuff aswell.

Keep it up.

Edited by [FRL]Myke

@LordJarhead

Excellent point. RH* tends to deliver packages contianing all feasable combinations -- a more efficient selection schema could be great.

-k

*Thanks Max255[PL] Edited

Edited by NkEnNy

Please... RH is RH and RHS is RHS... And they've nothing to do with each other...

RH - sweet weapons you're talking about

RHS - also sweet Russian equipment, lot more

And yeah - would be cool to have that system working on RH weapons - actually that's an idea - quickly switches to Skype - ... - will see...

Edited by Max255[PL]

Tremendous work flown into this Project and alot of brainstorming about a optimal solution was done. Congrats to that final release guys. A great and solid Addon has made his way to the Community. Such addons are not naturally in those days.

gave it a try. very nice work! do you think you guys are able to add the ability to add remove bipods?

You have to use one of our weapons because only their config have the essential informations in their config what can do with it.

Probably you missed the question: any plans on including default BIS weapons to this system as far it is possible?

Especially the popular rifles are available with different attachements so it should be easily possible.

Great addon, thanks for this! :)

ACE needs something similar, because it would really be more practical to self-assemble all of the weapons, than just picking a preset from the weapon box.

Anyways, keep up the good work :)

such a beautiful job man!

ArmA is growing to the best game i have ever played becoz of people like you investing time in making the game epic!