Sign in to follow this  
nedley

A2 - OA BAF Campaign Impressions

Being a Brit, I'm paying particular attention to detail.

After mission #1 of the campaign, I'm very impressed.

I loved the bit where the Merlin chopper is shot down, minutes later you find out it was friendly fire from 'bloody trigger happy yanks'.

All I can say is, only partly realistic, as the Brits managed to escape the blue-on-blue without injury!

Of course, I'm just having a poke at the 'yanks'. It's great fun so far!

It is pretty fun, especially with the better voice acting and the humor. :D

The challenge is extremely amped up in the third mission. Been stuck on it for a while now. :butbut:

I would like to comment but unfortunately mines completely broken.

Chopper gets hit... starts going down... I then spend the rest of my time getting dizzy watching the ground spin around me as the chopper sits in one point and just continues to spin around and around.

After restarting about 50 times... Occasionaly it does get close to the ground but then my guy falls out and dies. Restart mission... back to square one again.

Complete BOLLOCKS as the Brits would say. :mad:

I just finished the campaign, about 3 hours of gameplay total.

I've got to say BIS, that was a fantastic mini-campaign. I found the missions were very well put together, the characters actually had a personality and were well voice-acted (perhaps BIS should concentrate on the Brits now instead of the US in that case :p ), and it was just the right length. Heck, the last mission reminded me of Search and Destroy in CWC!

Hats off to you guys, this is well worth $10. I'd have paid more! :D

The BAF campaign is awesome. Even the senarios are great! Very worth it. I never enjoyed a campaign as much as I did with this one.

same here. But i did not finished it yet. I take the time and appreciate every minute of it. I also found the overall game way more optimised than before. Everything is very fluid and it allowed me to maximize a few graphic options.

Did you have the same feeling ?

Great content. Well worth the 8.99€. Would be great to see more of those extensions in the future. I AM WILLING TO PAY :-D

---------- Post added at 06:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:34 AM ----------

Oh and the low resolution models for those that don't want to pay ? Brilliant idea !!!

Yes love the freedom of choice on missions, great usage of the conversation system.... Really great and hope to see more of this coming our way.

Edit: Maybe next time we can choose to resolve missions diplomatically or by force via the conversation system.... hehehe sounded like a RPG games now

Edited by Muahaha

The voice acting is just plain bad, with very little emotion and no sense of urgency before,during and after a battle.

It sounds like actors reading a script rather than acting out that script.

What about the narration, the guy appears to be quoting poetry, especially towards the end of the campaign.

Nevertheless, the campaign is just a bonus, the model and script content are what matters and they have delivered.

Good job BIS.

Well, I do think the narration he does is a bit overblown. He seems overly articulate if those are actually his thoughts. But I like the rest of it, especially the part where Stevo's humming in the Jackal. :D

Well, I do think the narration he does is a bit overblown. He seems overly articulate if those are actually his thoughts. But I like the rest of it, especially the part where Stevo's humming in the Jackal. :D

Haha yea, that's sooo 'BIS'

I'm really enjoying it so far. The missions seem well thought out.

Edited by Naserve

I've got the same issue as Cabbs. Chopper gets hit and spins round and round until it crashes and everyone dies. No options to jump out or anything.

Can't play the mission or campaign 'cause I'm dead!

I love this campaign. THIS is how BIS should be doing the sp campaigns. VERY immersive and challenging.

Ditto. I thought it was a brilliant and immersive campaign. It was nice to start out doing fairly hum-drum tasks like mounted patrol before stepping up the ante at a nice pace. Characters were likeable and realistic; even though Frost's internal dialogue was a little too poetic, it was a nice touch.

The only disappointing aspect was no co-operative play for the campaign. But you can't have everything.

Well done, BIS.

Anyway we can play the campaign missions in COOP? like can someone edit them, and just make one of your soilders a player, rather then ai.

Only played 2 campaign missions and 1 scenario but i really like it so far!

Wonder why they did not implement the drag and carry modul in the missions. One of the pilots in the first mission had the legs broken and had to crawl the hole way to the Merlin (it took forever). I would have prefered to carry him.

Anyway we can play the campaign missions in COOP? like can someone edit them, and just make one of your soilders a player, rather then ai.

It's not really sensible to release content to people, that they would otherwise have to pay for, just to enable coop. ;)

Plus, current depbo tools can't depbo the new encryption in the DLC, and it's unknown if they'll be updated to do so.

It's not really sensible to release content to people, that they would otherwise have to pay for, just to enable coop. ;)

Plus, current depbo tools can't depbo the new encryption in the DLC, and it's unknown if they'll be updated to do so.

Lol, thanks I was trying to do that all day.. I really wanted to take the missions and tweak them and run them with some guys from my unit.

Other wise campaign was great, I loved the whole your out on you own patrol mission type of thing. It worked out well. If there were a longer version of that sort of like manhattan like where you returned to the FOB from time to time I would have jizzed, but other wise I really enjoyed it.

The Campaign is brill and so are the Single Players standalone missions, I go back and play them time and time again!

I've got the same issue as Cabbs. Chopper gets hit and spins round and round until it crashes and everyone dies. No options to jump out or anything.

Can't play the mission or campaign 'cause I'm dead!

I got this too. If I started the game without any other mods, the chopper crash lands as per the script. My money is on ace or slx causing a conflict. Anyway, once you get past this point you can reinstate your mods.

It works with SLX and Zeus AI (The chopper crash), so it is probably ACE. Anyways, I love this campaign, although I have failed mission 3 several times in a row now, very challenging defending such a crappeh little FOB.

Just played the first mission, everything worked great until I landed at FOB: I looked around and I suddenly noticed two helicopters crashing in mid-air and falling down in flames... LOL

I suppose that AI flying skills should be tweaked ;-)

Nice campaign, enjoyed it. The base mission is hard as hell for single-player - it'd be nice to see that one as a COOP mission, as someone mentioned.

Loving it so far, much better (despite the occasional dubious moment of voice acting, some brilliant moments too tho) than the Arrowhead/ARMA2 campaigns in terms of playability. Still have no idea how to use the construction interface in the firebase mission.

BUT - oh my god, why no co-op?! The whole of Arrowhead has it, why not this? These missions would be perfect for 2-10 players! Hopefully either BIS'll change it, or someone more savvy than me will mod them!

One of the campaign missions should be coop available. "Heat" it is called.

One of the reasons the campaign isnt coop compatible is because it is alot of extra work to make it work, And the second one(guessing) is that the campaign is made so that if you lose a team member, he wont be replaced for the rest of the campaign.