Sign in to follow this  
JDog

USS Nimitz - WIP

@Mankyle yea for sure just toss somethin together. I figured it would be totally simple as well but I dont even have Visitor installed so if you want to and send it to me that'd be cool.

Good news: Catapults are scripted in now, letting you lock into the line you're on so you can push the engines without moving, then signal when you're ready to launch. I added a slight blur effect too, which is kinda cool, though probably unrealistic lol. The JBDs also come up behind you once you lock in to the catapult. Right now its looking like each catapult can launch a plane every ~20-25 seconds, depending on how quickly pilots clear the deck and others move on to the line. The arrestor cables can accept an aircraft every ~30 seconds. Also, elevators now scripted with the actions too. What's nice, its made so you don't have to fiddle around looking for the "action point" to get the action to appear in your menu. Straight to business!

Bad news that's really good news: That entire interior in the stern I posted earlier is getting scrapped cuz I'm not satisfied with it at all, especially after finding some revealing pictures/video. So it's still gonna be highly inaccurate I'm sure lol, but it'll be better than what was previously done, significantly so. I'm also thinking of making that rear interior like "modular" haha. Releasing like a template version of it, in case anyone wants to modify it/create their own interior for the ship for whatever purpose. Could be cool for some interior firefights if anyone made something for it.

Watch this in HD for the blur

iu_LcAVKxpo

Edited by JDog
added video

Straight to business!

especially after finding some revealing pictures/video.

:dance:

This is really cool stuff man! Seems like alot of work and you seem to be doing great.

Can't wait for this :)

Edit: That looks great. THe blur doesn't seem too unrealistic, you only added a little bit. BTW, is that Southy's f14? I haven't managed to get it to work with OA features yet, have you?

Well anyways, this looks great! Between this, Gnats stuff, and Mando Missile, we can wage a naval battle like never before! A real version of Janes Fleet Command :D

Edited by Nightrain

Night, I've used the F14 in OA but honestly I still haven't really toyed with OA much, I've fallen behind in that aspect. I don't know what you mean by OA's features. It flies and fires missiles lol. Right now this is totally being developed for A2, I suppose I'll have to make sure its compatible with OA also huh? I'll get around to it once its near finished.

Night, I've used the F14 in OA but honestly I still haven't really toyed with OA much, I've fallen behind in that aspect. I don't know what you mean by OA's features. It flies and fires missiles lol. Right now this is totally being developed for A2, I suppose I'll have to make sure its compatible with OA also huh? I'll get around to it once its near finished.

Yeah, well since most people run combined ops it would be fine if you just released it for Arma 2 but there are people who only have OA so eventually you might want to do that.

In regards to the F-14, some of the missiles don't lock properly and won't fire. But Southy has told me that he is slowly updating the F-14 and F-15 so we can keep our hopes up :bounce3:

Wow, that's great! The launch seemed very realistic as far as what I've seen from footage of aircraft launches off of a carrier. The F-14 seemed to have good speed at launch off the deck.

Keep up the great work!

A whole video involving a F-14 and a carrier WITHOUT "Danger Zone"? That must be a first... :P

Looking grate mate!

Just a suggestion...

After signal to launch there could be little delay - "human aspect" - and it gives more time to "ready up" for the launch.

And... Any chance of steam effects for the catapult?

;1729891']Just a suggestion...

After signal to launch there could be little delay - "human aspect" - and it gives more time to "ready up" for the launch.

And... Any chance of steam effects for the catapult?

1) That delay you're talking about is actually already coded in, just commented out. I have something planned for it, it just isn't ready yet.

2) I would kill for steam effects lol, but it won't be coming from me. I think I looked into how to make sprites for like 5 seconds and decided I can't be bothered with that lol. The very first post says seeking someone for that though lol. We can only hope for now :) You can't see it in the video but the wheels scraping the deck does actually blow up a good bit of (brown-colored) dust. It isnt nearly as cool, but it's somethin lol.

Great work I cannay wait to play with it...

Edited by wolfbite

Do you have an ETA on when this will be ready? I'm not in any hurry, I haven't played Arma 2 in about 4 months; so when I do actually buy Operation Arrowhead, this will be the first addon I load onto it :D

Do you have an ETA on when this will be ready? I'm not in any hurry, I haven't played Arma 2 in about 4 months; so when I do actually buy Operation Arrowhead, this will be the first addon I load onto it :D

This is making awsome progress mate, The Capault looks good, the blur adds a really nice effect to it. All coming together now. What's the completion percentage? ;)

Edited by konyo

For the ILS is it not possible to add the default BIS for landing?... If you're using a roadway Lod.... Can that not be set to an airfield lod?.... Is the little runway bunker for the controllers modeled :P

For the ILS is it not possible to add the default BIS for landing?... If you're using a roadway Lod.... Can that not be set to an airfield lod?.... Is the little runway bunker for the controllers modeled :P

AFAIK the ILS is in the islands config and i think to remember that it isn't possible to set it up for objects which would be necessary in this case. One of the many let-downs of the game engine when it comes to air vehicles in general.

Myke;1730356']AFAIK the ILS is in the islands config and i think to remember that it isn't possible to set it up for objects which would be necessary in this case. One of the many let-downs of the game engine when it comes to air vehicles in general.

Damn... :/ ....... Maybe we can petition BIS to add it in the next patch lol :P

Myke;1730356']AFAIK the ILS is in the islands config and i think to remember that it isn't possible to set it up for objects which would be necessary in this case. One of the many let-downs of the game engine when it comes to air vehicles in general.

You can add any number of airfields to any map, but a) it coded for that map only b) once you set the position, its locked.

Unless theres an "active" way to (re)set (via a script etc) the ILS X and Y positions in an already coded config, the "airfield" can't be moved.

@Drew nope not at all. Before Christmas lol.

@Konyo if I look at how many boxes in my to-do spreadsheet have Xs in them: 25.65% out of 78 boxes lol! Bear in mind, some of those represent small things that don't take long. But every now and then something else gets added to the list lol. And I don't think I'm going to release a half-done version only to update it later, just gonna get it all in the first time.

@Wolfbite yea lets get them to add gravity to my carrier too so it can swim around while piggybacking aircraft. Oh if I didn't have to split my model up that would be killer also. Oh yea if I could make keyframe-based animations for the wires of a crash barricade, that too! haha. Oh the list goes ever on.

hey JDog,

i like your addon...

i wish i could help you in anyway but i have no idea how to make addons or scripts...

anyways, i wandet to ask you if you will still update us about the Nimitz.

i was thinking of a Map like Serbia and then Some F-18´s and your greate carrier.

then some a mission-modder could make a mission like: "Behind enemy Lines".

anyway GREAT JOB AND KEEP IT UP BRO ;)

honzikpen, of course I'll still update, when I have something new and worthy to show :) I don't feel like telling everything I'm doing haha. Also unfortunately, right now I cannot run ArmA 2 for very long because my graphics card is very sick. I have ordered another but won't be here until Monday probably.

On a side note... if anyone is experienced with multiplayer scripting/locality issues, and wouldn't mind helping/consulting please let me know :)

Good luck with that JDog. I have a feeling my Nvidia 7800 (Yes, I know it's old, stop staring) is going to die in the next 6 months, if not sooner.

New WIP video. Sorry for the framerate issues, like I said, card is pretty banged up right now.

New WIP video. Sorry for the framerate issues, like I said, card is pretty banged up right now.

Lol.. Really? ;)

so realistic