Sign in to follow this  
fincuan

Scopes and ballistics

Last updated 12.12.2009

Yay, yet another NWD port. I'm working on it though, and v1.1 already contains a lot more of my own work than 1.0 :yay:

What originally started as an O2 learning project turned into and NWD Scopes&ballistics port with some new content too. The sights in this pack should now be "properly" ported over with working day and nightreticles and no .rpt-errors. New content includes a correct TA31RCO-reticle for Acogs, new textures for PSO reticles, a 1P29 reticle, a new texture for 10x mildot-reticle, new SUSAT-reticle for PUKF-weapons users and a TA11FIN-reticle, a 3.5x35 Acog calibrated for 7.62x39, as well as a Steyr Aug "military style"-reticle for whatever you want to use them for. I've also included a replacement-config for RH Weapons users that'll make those weapons use the new reticles. There's also a replacement config for ACE.

All reticles are best used with the included ballistics addon, which is basically an NWD_Ballistics port. I've also included a small addon for GMJ_SightAdjustment users that attempts to make the scopes more like their real-life counterparts what comes to max adjustment and adjustment intervals. I've also included a pack of rangecards for these ballistics. The addon is modular so that you can pick and use those reticles you want up to a certain degree, but just make sure the common files used by most reticles are always there. See readme for more on this.

Needless to it's either this or the 31ST MEU-pack, as both modify the same things and won't probably like each other that much. The ballistics part is also not recommended to be used with ACE Scopes works great with ACE and is recommended for it.

Hotfix for fnc_scopes_equipment_c-typo:

Pbo

Signature

Download

Scopes

Download v 1.15 (Armaholic)

Download v 1.15

---

Download v 1.1

---

Download v 1.0 (Armaholic)

Download v 1.0

Ballistics

Download v 1.0 (Armaholic)

Download v 1.0

Also recommended for non-ACE users:

FNC_muzzlevelocity

GMJ_SightAdjustment

Readmes

Scopes

Scopes v1.15

What it does:
-------------
Replacement scopes for most infantryweapons in stock Arma2 and a few extra ones for addons. Working day and night reticles for those
scopes which should have them. The change between day/night is automatic.
Also re-zeroes most scoped and ironsighted weapons in the game to more realistic values.
Basically silenced weapons are zeroed to 100 meters, assault rifles, snipers and machineguns to 300,
heavy snipers and mounted machineguns to 500 meters. A few exceptions exist.
Based on NonWonderDog's excellent "NWD_ScopeFix" from Arma1.

Installation:
-------------
A:
- Copy all folders from the "To Arma2 folder" to your Arma2\
- Copy also those additional .pbos you want to use from the "Extras"-folder
- Add "-mod=@fnc_scopes" to your arma2-shortcut\launcher\whatever you use
- Check Arma2\userconfig\fnc_ballistics\ for additional config options

or 

B:
If you are familiar with mod installation just put the files into folders of your choice. Remember to move the userconfig-files to
their proper place in "arma2\userconfig\fnc_ballistics"

NOTE: The addon is modular so that the only file you absolutely need is "fnc_scopes_common_m.pbo". All the others can be taken out
if you don't like a particular scope.

Extras:
-------
fnc_scopes_acex_c.pbo				Enables the scopes in this pack for ACEX weapons.

fnc_scopes_sightadjustment_c.pbo	A "plugin" for users of GMJ_SightAdjustment. Attempts make the scopes mimic their real-life
								counterparts in how much you can adjust them, adjustment intervals etc...

fnc_scopes_susat_c.pbo				Replacement config and model for the PUKF-weapons SUSAT-reticle.
fnc_scopes_susat_m.pbo

fnc_scopes_acogrhm4_c.pbo			Replace RH-weapons Acog- and M145-reticles with those of this pack.
fnc_scopes_acogrh416_c.pbo

Reticles without replacement config:
-----------------------------------
See "PBO_Sources/fnc_reticlename_c/cfgWeapons.hpp" for the correct config values for these scopes if you want to use it for a weapon.
Do not deviate from those values, or the reticle will be out of scale and/or the bullet drop compensator's won't match.

fnc_scopes_acogfinnish_m.pbo		TA11FIN-Acog used by Finnish Defence Forces. Reticle calibrated for the 7.62x39-round
								and magazine in "fnc_ballistics".

fnc_scopes_steyraug_m.pbo			"Old style" Steyr Aug military reticle.

Usage:
------
Pick up a scoped weapon and enjoy!

Requirements:
-------------
None, but the scopes are calibrated for the ballistics in "fnc_ballistics" and it is strongly recommended to use that.
"GMJ_SightAdjustment" is also recommended, as well as "fnc_muzzlevelocity".

Multiplayer:
-----------
This addon is client-side only and fully MP-compatible in this respect.
The .pbos are signed with a key unique to this addon only. Key and signatures are included.

Mod conflicts:
--------------
31ST MEU Scopes&Ballistics deals with the same area, so it cannot be used with this.
ACE and ACEX users should check the userconfig-file for an additional settings that will enable the scopes for ACE content.

Bugs:
-----
None that I know of

Credits:
--------
NWD, NWD and NWD
Even though most of the scopes are by now of my own work I couldn't have made them without reading on NWD's findings on optics in Arma.
A few direct NWD-copies also still remain in the pack.

Release thread:
---------------
The release thread for this addon can be found on the BIS forums

Changelog:
---------
----
Fixed:		1P29 reticle wasn't centered properly

---
Added:		1P29 reticle and replacement config to use it on the stock PKP/Pecheneg.
Added:		Steyr Aug military-style reticle
Added:		M145 machinegun optics calibrated for M249
Added:		Replacement configs for ACE and ACEX
Changed:	New reticle texture for the 10x mildot
Changed:	New reticle textures for all PSOs.
Changed:	DMR now uses a 3.5-10x Leupold Mark 4 LR/T M3 instead of a fixed 10-power scope. Reticle remains the same.
Changed:	Reworked the SUSAT reticle
Changed:	Small adjustments to TA11FIN reticle and bdc
Fixed:	 	GMJ_SightAdjustment-plugin now actually works

---
Initial release

Ballistics

Ballistics v1.0

What it does:
-------------
Brings you realistics ballistics for most small arms and some vehicle mounted weapons in Arma2.
Based on NonWonderDog's excellent "NWD_Ballistics" for Arma1

Installation:
-------------
A:
- Copy all folders from the "To Arma2 folder" to your Arma2\
- Add "-mod=@fnc_ballistics" to your arma2-shortcut\launcher\whatever you use
- Check Arma2\userconfig\fnc_ballistics\ for additional config options, as well as the "rangecards"-folder if you're using GMJ_SightAdjustment

or 

B:
If you are familiar with mod installation just put the files into folders of your choice. Remember to move the userconfig-files to
their proper place in "arma2\userconfig\fnc_ballistics"

Usage:
------
Fire a weapon, observe the result :)

Requirements:
-------------
None
GMJ_SightAdjustment, fnc_scopes and fnc_muzzlevelocity recommended. Rangecards for these ballistics are included for GMJ_SightAdjustment users.

Multiplayer:
-----------
This addon is client-side only and fully MP-compatible in this respect.
The .pbos are signed with a key unique to this addon only. Key and signatures are included.

Mod conflicts:
--------------
31ST MEU Scopes&Ballistics deals with the same area, so it cannot be used with this.

Bugs:
-----
No known bugs

Credits:
--------
NWD, NWD and NWD
Most config values are straight from his addon

Release thread:
---------------
The release thread for this addon can be found on the BIS forums

Changelog:
---------
---
Initial release

Pics

Acog TA31RCO for M4s and M16s

http://lh4.ggpht.com/_GHuMVhWWQPc/SxViLrG8xZI/AAAAAAAAAf4/kIH8YnLTy38/s720/ta31rco_day.jpg

http://lh3.ggpht.com/_GHuMVhWWQPc/SxViL_J2D6I/AAAAAAAAAf8/otcALjaI-Zg/s720/ta31rco_night.jpg

1P29, for PKP

http://lh6.ggpht.com/_GHuMVhWWQPc/Sx6AgztISdI/AAAAAAAAAiw/dyk9H4IoB9o/s800/1P29_day.jpg

http://lh4.ggpht.com/_GHuMVhWWQPc/Sx6AhYCUYNI/AAAAAAAAAi0/0i-oRWg63uc/s800/1P29_night.jpg

PSO-1, for AK74

http://lh5.ggpht.com/_GHuMVhWWQPc/Sx6Ahq3oVYI/AAAAAAAAAi4/bDu416VGgeI/s800/ak74_night.jpg

PSO-1, for KSVK

http://lh3.ggpht.com/_GHuMVhWWQPc/Sx6AiI6UnQI/AAAAAAAAAi8/jTG4BJrMZDU/s800/ksvk_day.jpg

http://lh6.ggpht.com/_GHuMVhWWQPc/Sx6AiZvGkKI/AAAAAAAAAjA/I4LMffiK0fI/s800/ksvk_night.jpg

PSO-1, for SVD

http://lh6.ggpht.com/_GHuMVhWWQPc/Sx6BLIJb3HI/AAAAAAAAAjk/Dl8-2lTCqbg/s800/svd_day.jpg

http://lh3.ggpht.com/_GHuMVhWWQPc/Sx6BLS6XTqI/AAAAAAAAAjo/BmYPUVBZncQ/s800/svd_night.jpg

Edited by Fincuan

Ah great i love reticles, will test ASAP :) So the ballistic file is for better compatibility and sightadjustment maximums or is it more than that?

Yes the reticles are calibrated for the ballistics-part, so it's pretty much mandatory if you want to shoot straight. It's not required though because the scopes "work" without it, the marks just aren't accurate. SightAdjustment is "extra" and not required in any way, but just pretty damn useful.

Wonderful! I love you, Finc! I've so been missing proper sights! I appreciate 31st MEU's ballstics, but I loathe the idea of using a universal reticle. This hit the sweet spot!

I posted some pics in the first post, and here's more:

PSO-1 for AK74/AK107

Same reticle calibrated for VSS is also included

ak74_day.jpg

ak74_night.jpg

PSO-1 for SVD

Same scope for the KSVK with proper reticle is also included

svd_day.jpg

svd_night.jpg

Leupold Ultra M3 10x40mm for M24 and DMR

m24_day.jpg

and more:

TS30-A2 3-9x36mm Illuminated Reticle for SPR

spr_day.jpg

spr_night.jpg

SUSAT

susat_day.jpg

susat_night.jpg

Leupold MK4 4.5-14x50mm for M107

m107_day.jpg

I have installed tons of mods but when it comes to deal with "userconfig" stuff my brain collapses....any concrete explanation?

Allows you to change certain things without unpacking/repacking the .pbos. It's all in the readme

yes I saw the readme.it seems I have to make a separate folder and put stuff there,but this will modify my normal a2 path,eg when I launch a2 without addons that userconfig folder will follow me always!!!!!

I have installed tons of mods but when it comes to deal with "userconfig" stuff my brain collapses....any concrete explanation?

It is like a settings file.

Kinda like with other settings files, if it ain't broke, don't fix it. :)

But, if you like tweaking..... ;)

yes I saw the readme.it seems I have to make a separate folder and put stuff there,but this will modify my normal a2 path,eg when I launch a2 without addons that userconfig folder will follow me always!!!!!

But that's ok. :) The files in that folder should only be used by the addon mods. In fact, by putting them IN the userconfig folder, it makes your stock A2 install safer.

This is great Fincuan, nice job bringing over NWD's legendary work.

Bit of feedback on the SUSAT reticle:

The pillar of currently fielded sights is transparent only in the centre, I believe the channel on the left is the illumination guide but it is not nearly as visible as the airsoft sights make it out to be.

This is a reasonable image of the reticle.

Also the illumination is from the radioactive isotope tritium, which gives quite a faint light green point of illumination, not the whole tip of the post.

It would be great if you can adjust the reticle.

@twisted: No this won't replace it. I do recommend using them both as they work fine together.

@Protegimus:

Thanks for the information! The biggest reason the reticle is so crappy is because all I found was some photos and the fact that there's tritium, not even what color it is or how big an area it really lights up. Didn't use airsoft sights as reference though, lol :) The link you provided is an absolute goldmine, thank you! I'll get right on fixing the reticle.

edit: Would you btw be able to describe the lighted portion in more detail? Is it just the narrow lighter area in the middle of the triangle, the whole tip of the triangle or just a point at the tip?

Edited by Fincuan

What do you think?

Like it :)

What's the method by which you determine if it's dark BTW?

What's the method by which you determine if it's dark BTW?

Arma2 black magic

The texture looks like the "night"-pic, and it just has an .rvmat that makes the green parts show up as black when there's ambient light around and glow when there's none :)

Does the scopefix affect all non-stock weapons too? Also, does applying the ballistics to AIs as well affect AI accuracy?

Also, it doesn't seem to be applied to the RH weapons in my game... is it supposed to change the scopes on the RH weapons as well?

By the way, the testing mission was COOL! :) Great work! nice to see the figures actually there when shooting! :) It seems to me that surpressed MP5 has higher muzzlevelocity than surpressed M4, is that true?

Edited by jasonnoguchi

Arma2 black magic

The texture looks like the "night"-pic, and it just has an .rvmat that makes the green parts show up as black when there's ambient light around and glow when there's none :)

Oooh... I've done some n00bish messing with rvmats - but what's the secret to THAT?! :)

Also, it doesn't seem to be applied to the RH weapons in my game... is it supposed to change the scopes on the RH weapons as well?

Are you using the optional fnc_scopes_acogrhweps_c.pbo? It is required to make RH's weapons use the new optics.

Inko: The extras folder mate. File called fnc_scopes_acogrhweps_c.pbo and its signed counter part. ;)