Sign in to follow this  
Snake Man

Vietnam the Experience: Discussion

wtf???? are you kidding us? wohoooo :yay:

yeaterday i ask if there is any work in progress and today i get a download for a demo HAHAHA

cant believe it rofl, downloading now :D

edit : excellent snakeman im very happy now but i noticed one problem when flying in huey, i can hear the birds inside the cockpit but barely the rotorsound, but this must be a minor prob, nevertheless i wanted u to know it.

ps. if u have noted this already i apologise , bcause of my excitement to start playing it immediately :rolleyes:

Edited by horror1

The character models and terrain are fantastic. Vehicles are good, but have some problems. The CH47 has no interior cabin LOD for instance. Love the atmosphere of the less populated island. This has serious potential as a TC type mod.

GJ Soldiers.

I haven't noticed any problem with this, its the usual silent cockpit thing to balance how pilots/crew wear earmuffs.[/Quote]

The problem is that you can hear all the ambient sound ( birds and insects ) like you are on foot, but the engine sound is silent. Btw awesome work :yay:

Just ordered ARMA2 and i'm playing OPF:VTE right now (only discovered the mod last year). The only problem I have with it is arty scripts don't seem to work half the time. And when the situ calls for belt hugging airstrikes or fire support, its not there. Dam fine mod on the whole - only reason i'm still playing OFP.

Some suggestions: Arc Light bombings, beehive rounds, puff the magic dragon gunships

Keep up the good work Snake Man

Snake man you havnt contacted me in regards to permission to port some or any of my work from aa1 VTE to aa2 VTE.

A pm is all it would have taken.

I am not affiliated with VTE and nor do i want to be anymore.

I request all links are to be removed untill you can release this without my work included.

How about doing it by PM yourself..

@Kju,

I am requesting publicly,that the public not host this unpermitted work.

Btw Kju,

I still havnt recieved a pm from you regarding permissions or an explanation for re-releasing my work in AA1.

If ppl cant be bothered asking for permissions for my work in private i have a right to say something in any thread.

@Kju,

I am requesting publicly,that the public not host this unpermitted work.

Btw Kju,

I still havnt recieved a pm from you regarding permissions or an explanation for re-releasing my work in AA1.

If ppl cant be bothered asking for permissions for my work in private i have a right to say something in any thread.

....?

ANZACSAS Steve, in your previous messages on these boards you seem to be all fine with the VTE mod and fully cooperating with them and you were even looking forward for the Arma 2 release. May I ask you, why this sudden change of attitude? What exactly has VTE stolen from you without your permission?

Rellikki,

I was looking forward to the final release for aa1 and working the VTE stuff into aa2.I spent an enormous effort over the last couple of years.I have tried to join in and enjoy this thread.Snake man and i have had considerable trouble working together that has amounted to us not being able to cooperate in the future.

It has been a condition from day 1 that if my work is included that i must be the one to set it up ingame.It is a requirement i ask of all the mod teams i have worked with.

I have had no contact with Snake man and my work has showed up wihout my knowing.I have had a breif conversation with Granq not long ago aswell stating this.

I dont mind you asking.Clean cut situation here.

Edited by ANZACSAS Steven

Steve, sorry to hear.. i know snakeman can be bit trouble some to work with. oh yes i know.

However, I want a vietnam mod, so what you do, you try to help. Take a break when its get too much strain, and so on.. Thats why I worked with vte to get it into ArmA1, then took break, and now worked so it got into ArmA2.

so i am sad that you not only feel you can't work with VTE but that you so angry and sad that you don't want your stuff in VTE anymore. And there is probably 100 people that helped with VTE from back in the early 2000 when it was made for flashpoint. So yes our credit list is for people that helped this year. One day we should definite go thru and write the super readme. I been telling snakeman its important..

but now to your case. I wouldn't have a problem to take out what yours, but please PM us with that then. Cause neither me nor Snakeman really knows what your efforts in the VTE mod is. Like I said 100 people comes and goes, add a few things, throw in a sound and most aren't that big on getting credits for it. I am not even mentioned in credits and it doesn't bugger me.

Personally I hope for a more open source, contributing community were people eachother without adding so much politics and drama. I mean steve, does this really troubles you and make it harder for you to sleep that you rather want the community to be without a crappy Vietnam mod because you feel we missed contacting you regarding stuff that was ok for VTE in ArmA1 but suddenly not in ArmA2. Would you like to recivie a question for each patch? Just so we don't misunderstand which versions is ok. Should arrowhead be a new question for OK compared to A2?

---------- Post added at 11:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:38 AM ----------

and a second reply to everyone.

This was thrown together to mark the day of Ia drang battle, it wasn't released because we had enough beta testing and thought it was good to go. We know it sucks, i am happy people get some fun out of it but honestly it sucks big time. Some stuff can be changed with new config (which makes for small patch), but what we really need is to fix the Ia drang island to make it come alive more and a new Huey.

This will take time and in the mean time we probably come up with more stuff.

Very nice, finally some Vietnam for ARMAII! :D

Although Im getting very low weapon sound, I almost

cant hear the shots at all?!

This is my targetline:

"C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\arma2.exe" -mod=@CBA;@VTE

Hmm Personally I think all addons for ARMA1 should

get into ARMAII one way or another, otherwise its just rotting away

for nothing. I uninstalled ARMAI the day I got ARMAII.

Granq,

I dont think anyone wants me to sit here and write up every reason for my actions.All i can say is that my experiance wont be readily forgotten.I consider my actions as completely justified and called for.

Also, I dont really want ppl editing my work and then having my name associated with it.

If i wanted to cause a headache for ppl i would withdraw aa1 work .

I have no intention of sabotage.I just dont want any further collaborations.

If the work could be copy pasted i wouldnt mind but bis have moved the goal posts and its a new ballgame,soundwise.

I will contact you with a list.

Steve.

Was a fan with its presence in Arma, great to see.

I'll contact "ANZACSAS Steve" regarding this issue and try to sort it out, until its resolved this topic will be closed.

Thank you.

We have released hotfix for VTE ArmA 2 preview, see first post for details.

As of the reasons for this hotfix, well I'm not going to comment on the details but I'll make this statement:

VTE did not use any work, files or otherwise without permission, period. In fact we removed various items from the release so that we can stay clear of non permission files. Any rumors that VTE used stuff without permission are false.

Thank you for the VTE fans and sorry for the hassle, we had nothing to do with it. Now we can hopefully continue to enjoy Vietnam mod and the future developments that are already underway.

Thanks.