Sign in to follow this  
gonza

VTS3 - Live Multiplayer coop mission editor

VTS_title.jpg

-->version 3.5 out -->http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=94350&highlight (from Grimm's original work (vts2))

VTS allow the Game master to create multiplayer cooperative missions in real time (players connected). with a lot of short cuts to make it quickly

Sample Mission(Create a mission in 3 Mn) alpha 7

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0fTJN4w03M&hl=fr&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0fTJN4w03M&hl=fr&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object><object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0fTJN4w03M&hl=fr&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0fTJN4w03M&hl=fr&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

Sample Mission(Create a mission in 3 Mn) alpha 5

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMSE36vT11g&hl=fr&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMSE36vT11g&hl=fr&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

3D placement on building sample

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJMC3Zz4vCE&hl=fr&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJMC3Zz4vCE&hl=fr&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

signature4.png

Version ACE

ACE vehicles are in res. side

-->version 3.5 out -->http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=94350&highlight

with 3D placement and real time marker!!!

3D placement help :

in the real-time windows

chose a unit and click on the button "3D", click on the map the unit appear in 3D

W/S = move forward/rear

D/A = Turn right/left

C/X = Move UP/DOWN

Esc = valid

enjoy !

Change log:

Alpha 6 :

- REVIVE script (by norrin) (for this script I have remove the ability to play in RU for the moment)

- deployment of a respawn tent (to revive when all players are dead (include in revive script)

- spectating script (by kegetys) (only for the master)

- script to parachute enemy on players

- chopper at US base (piloted by IA)

Ability to call him to evac, drop weapon box...

- script to put enemy in building randomly (all building in a zone of 30 M)

- script to put men (enemy) exactly where you want (in building or anywhere) and lock his position and direction

- script to become captive (godmode : enemy will not engage you (only the master))

- script to create patrol between 2 points

- script to make move unites to a point on map

- script to create a convoy (trucks, tanks , bmp...)

- script to move the respawn point (if you don't use revive script)

- user interface improvement (transparent)

- added go to marker function (IA can follow a marker (you can move the marker))

- added a Support chopper

- added HALO (don't work properly in alpha)

- added time acceleration (night and day) (1 day = 12 Mn)

- a lot of scripts improvements

- Preview camera

- units 3D placement

Alpha 7 :

- 3D interface Improvement

2 speeds level

Lateral move (Q/E)

Possibility to place Objects (buildings, sandbags walls , fortifications, destroyer ...)

Put the same unit without exiting the 3D interface (really cool to create a little camp really quickly for example)

- Evac Chopper fixed

- real-time marker system (master can see all unites on the map) (based on spectating script marker system) (really useful)

- added a 3D Flying camera

- many fixs

Alpha 8 :

- Stability improvement

- Master Computer available in vehicles

- players units changed

Coming soon :

- more statics

- Russian version

to Add your favourite mod units :

just by changing config files in this directory mods\config

it is so easy

02_opfor_config.sqf config file sample

vts2_VehW1 = "M1A1";

nomvts2_VehW1 = "M1A1";

vts2_VehW2 = "M1A2_TUSK_MG";

nomvts2_VehW2 = "M1A2_TUSK_MG";

vts2_VehW3 = "HMMWV_Ambulance";

nomvts2_VehW3 = "HMMWV_Ambulance";

vts2_VehW4 = "MLRS";

nomvts2_VehW4 = "MLRS";

vts2_VehW5 = "HMMWV";

nomvts2_VehW5 = "HMMWV";

Very easy to put this mission on an other map with the Bis editor Merge function

it is just a mission so put the PBO "ArmAII\mpmissions"

need backup to accelerate development

@kegetys : please port spectating script on Arma 2

Edited by gonza

Thanks for this! Glad to see it made it's way into ArmA2.

Looking lovely !

Shame I'm away on holiday for a week ! Will check it out when I get back.

Wow great work Gonza ! Thanks a lot :)

edit : yes of course ;)

Edited by GI-JOE

it is not only my work

it is based from Grimm's original work (vts2)

thanks to him

Edited by gonza

Hi i using you live mission editor, is awesome, my clan love it.

But i have a couple os questions.

How i remove spawned vehicles, for example a helicopter with the circle script flying, can be deleted?

Is possible removed the rest of the marks? for example i spawn a m4a1 for player, they lost the tank but the marker still appear in the map, can be erased de mark?

The menu for command says press T for menu, dont seen to work, what is the key for display menu, i want use menu when i go in vehicle and cant display it.

And finally, is possible make the menu bigger? playing at 1680x1050 resolution, all is very small.

hi thanks for the great map! I'm doing some testing, it's really cool :D

Just one thing, is it possible to find the instructions somewhere? for example I don't understand what does the "bomb" button on the helicopter support. the helicopter flies over the point and nothing happens and it goes back to the base.

Thanks

Hi i using you live mission editor, is awesome, my clan love it.

But i have a couple os questions.

How i remove spawned vehicles, for example a helicopter with the circle script flying, can be deleted?

I know that

and I will add new system to be able to delete or reassign new movement to units

but for the moment you can use the command line function

in the command line you must replace " by ""

exemple :

deleteVehicle toto

hint ""Hello World""

Is possible removed the rest of the marks? for example i spawn a m4a1 for player, they lost the tank but the marker still appear in the map, can be erased de mark?

good idea

I will do that

The menu for command says press T for menu, dont seen to work, what is the key for display menu, i want use menu when i go in vehicle and cant display it.

it work well on arma 1 but on arma 2 it don't work

I have seen this problem on other mission (Crcti) but I dont know to resolve it

perhaps a bug

And finally, is possible make the menu bigger? playing at 1680x1050 resolution, all is very small.

Yes in the game options you can choose the menu size

@urbano

"bomb" don't work for the moment :)

I will made a little manual

but it is very intuitive so...

I not a really good coder so I spend a long time to do something to work (but I m think VTS3 is a good result)

I just loved this system on Arma1 and want to use it on Arma2

I have asked the creator "Grimm" and he said that he don't have time to improve VTS

so he give me the truck keys ;)

with my team we use it a lot on ARMA1 (2 missions / week during 2 years)

I need some backup or good coder to improve the system

now I m working on a 3D placement script

VTS is the solution when you don't find missions for new islands or mods

Edited by gonza

@urbano

"bomb" don't work for the moment :)

I will made a little manual

but it is very intuitive so...

oh, okay. I was just wondering :)

I've tested your map today and had a LOT of fun. it was confusing in the beginning because the radio comand for starting the mission was not working and it toke me a while to realize that I had to use the START button :D

But after that it's intuitive, you are right. :D

A question you can explain me better how to add other mods vehicles. I tryed to follow your little tutorial but I got lost. I'm a total noob with coding! sorry!

yes , I have deleted the radio to start the minimission now only the Game master could start the minimission

add other mods vehicles.

extract the mission

open the mods\config\ folder

open a config file and replace a vehicle by your mod vehicle name "01_blufor_config.sqf"

replace red string

befor

01_blufor_config.sqf config file sample

vts2_VehW1 = "M1A1";

nomvts2_VehW1 = "M1A1";

after

01_blufor_config.sqf config file sample

vts2_VehW1 = "Tractor";

nomvts2_VehW1 = "lovely Red tractor";

vts2_VehW1 --> is the name of the unit

nomvts2_VehW1 --> is the name to display in VTS

after that save the mission in the editor

WIP --> 3D placement

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1NN1Qb_DK0&hl=fr&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1NN1Qb_DK0&hl=fr&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

Edited by gonza

you are right but the name VTS was know on Arma1 so ...

Hi gonza,

Thanks for the explaination, I finally made it work and having lots of fun! :D

One question. Is there a simple way to make the respawn point over the flight carrier?

I was trying to use your mission on utes my idea was to start start from the carrier but I managed just to place vehicles and the players over it using "this setPosASL [getposASL this select 0, getposASL this select 1, 15.9];" on the initialization. The problem is that when players die the respawn point is in the middle of the island and if I move it the players spawn inside the carrier on the water surface.

any hint on how to make it work? thanks.

Oh, the 3D live editing is incredible! can't wait to try it! You are doing a fantastic job! thanks!!

I will try it

the respawn point is a marker (it depand if you use revive script or not)

I don't know if it is possible to change the altitude of a marker

but is it a good idea to start on the flight carrier

I will try to add it in the future

but I am working on the 3D placement for now and I hope it would be finish tonight

I have some little camerra problems but the result will be good

Hi gonzo, I had a lot of fun with your map and a friend tonight. thx.

He was playing HQ and I was team alpha. We were role playing, was fun.

I didn't play a lot as game master, but I think that there is not a lot of static buildings you can place with the editor. Is it possible to add some like sandbags and stuff like that?

Good job Gonza ;)

Edited by Grimm

thanks master :)

---------- Post added at 11:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:30 AM ----------

Hi gonzo, I had a lot of fun with your map and a friend tonight. thx.

He was playing HQ and I was team alpha. We were role playing, was fun.

I didn't play a lot as game master, but I think that there is not a lot of static buildings you can place with the editor. Is it possible to add some like sandbags and stuff like that?

check the object list (camps liste (Blufor,Opfor...)

I will add some new statics but when the 3d placement will be done , you will be able to put object were you want so it wood be easy to make anything you want

I will make a video of the 3D placement tonight

it was very good to be able to place tank over a building :)

Edited by gonza

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJMC3Zz4vCE&hl=fr&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJMC3Zz4vCE&hl=fr&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

it work but need some improvements

thanks to Norrin for help Edited by gonza

Hi, thanks for the interest in my problem :D

Another of my questions, I added some vehicles to the civilians but appartently I can't add more than 20. Is it possible to increase the number of aviable vehicles?

Anyway, your last video of the 3D placement of the tank onver the building is just incredible :)

I can't wait to try it!!!!

Great job!

Hey Grimm, thanks to you too!

Edited by urbano