.kju

Community Made Addon: Mi-28

EricM_Mi28_Havok_Banner.png

It is good to see people join forces in a Community Made Addon project!

Thanks to Digital Centurion for the original model, EricM and modEmMaik improving it

to make the Mi-28 a great contribution to the scene!

This is the first release and mainly a preview for people to try, test and give feedback.

Readme, license, key file included, binarized and signed. Expect more updates soon to follow.

Especially check out the task list to see how YOU can contribute to the project.

modEmMaik made it possible to make reskins easily with the hiddenSelections method.

More details about the method in general at this OFPEC thread - kudos to JasonO!

You can download the complete source via the repository browser or

git anon download. More details in the CMA: Mi-28 wiki.

Enjoy.

PS: You find the download in the CMA: Mi-28 wiki.

[quote name='kju;1385756

It is good to see people join forces in a Community Made Addon project!

Thanks to Digital Centurion for the original model' date=' [b']EricM[/b] and modEmMaik improving it

to make the Mi-28 a great contribution to the scene!

This is the first release and mainly a preview for people to try, test and give feedback.

Readme, license, key file included, binarized and signed. Expect more updates soon to follow.

Especially check out the task list to see how YOU can contribute to the project.

modEmMaik made it possible to make reskins easily with the hiddenSelections method.

More details about the method in general at this OFPEC thread - kudos to JasonO!

You can download the complete source via the repository browser or

git anon download. More details in the CMA: Mi-28 wiki.

Enjoy.

PS: You find the download in the CMA: Mi-28 wiki.

Oh yes, great!!! Testing, will provide feedback.

Grtz

Nice! :)

Too bad im at work. Will test when i get home and report back. This one needs to be fitted with all the new ARMA2 tech!

Thanks to all involved. Your the best.

Alex

Initial feedback (will do more extensive testing later):

Good:

- Handling is a joy.

- 3d model looks really great in Arma 2 except for the straight rotors.

- Sounds are statisfying.

Improvements/recommendations:

- Rotors are straight, something which is not realistic at all. It looks awful when flying (both cockpit and external view) and ruins the else great model.

- Finishing the 3d cockpit.

- Adding a target and weapon system as on the level of the Apache HWM mod. There target and weapon system model is beyond believe.

- FLIR.

Great work!!!

Grtz

Nice work!

But there is a small problem: in the armory it gave me the transport troops misson and I could transport 8 soldiers with it.... its pretty weird from an attack helicopter and there is also an option "ride in the back" however there is no interior.. you can see through the model.

But apart from that it's a really nice addon!

Very nice work :)

btw can you make those blur rotor better ,because they are hiding nice rotors details on the main and in tail too ,when the heli is started

small pic to show the high quality of the addon:

arma22009073013082379.th.jpg

thanks for the addon, great job!:yay:

@ Peterur

Thanks for the report. It is fixed.

Added a replacement addon for the MI24_P in the wiki.

@ Peterur

Thanks for the report. It is fixed.

Added a replacement addon for the MI24_P in the wiki.

Hey Kuj, I added the issues I saw to the dev-heaven list. I'm kinda new with that site. Did I do it good?

Edited by p75

Nice job fellas. It's nice to see a collaboration. One observation though. I'm not sure if it's wise to name the .pbos with a date. Won't this cause problems in missions when an update is released? If you change the name/date won't people have to restart a mission if they were using the old version and want to use the update.

Gratz with first released Mi-28N in whole BI gaming eras.

But i still see it needs some serious improvements, first of all, model is a bit not right, textures are the 2nd and cockpit the 3rd.

I have updated http://dev-heaven.net/issues/show/2000#note-6 so check it out(there's a magazine attached).

P.S. First steps are good after all ;)

Edited by Gedis

Looks nice,very sexy ;-)

Thanks @kju for bringing this to Arma2

Downloading now...

Handles good and visually it's coming together. Good job to those involved! :yay:

th_Mi28-1.jpg

Thank you very much to the contributors (special thanks to ModEmMaik) and for the support.

Keep in mind that it's still WIP and that everybody is welcome to help. I'll have a look at the new supershader to see if I can upgrade the RVMATS.

Nice job fellas. It's nice to see a collaboration. One observation though. I'm not sure if it's wise to name the .pbos with a date. Won't this cause problems in missions when an update is released? If you change the name/date won't people have to restart a mission if they were using the old version and want to use the update.

The required addons list in missions is determined by CfgPatches. As long as they don't change this, PBO name is irrelevant. However if you reference any files, say for example call any scripts inside the PBO, you would have to use the PBO name in the filepath. So changing the PBO name could break things that way. You can solve this by initializing all your script filepaths into global variables (that don't change) and never using the actual filepath outside of the PBO.

Edited by Big Dawg KS

Got one more small bug that I noticed, and that is that the rockets are displayed as "Hydra" in the weapon selection, although I suppose it should be S-8 80mm rocket pods?

The gyro shows a 90 degrees pitch when the nose is straight.

The Mi-28 cannot carry troops, only the Mi-24 can.

The gyro shows a 90 degrees pitch when the nose is straight.

Can you post a pic, please?

I used the A1 Ka50 as reference and developed the animations in A1... because I lack an A2 version plus the matching hardware on/in my rig :rolleyes:

The Mi-28 cannot carry troops, only the Mi-24 can.

Not true:

While the Mi-28 is not intended for use as a transport, it does have a small passenger compartment capable of carrying three people. The planned purpose of this is to enable the rescue of downed helicopter crews.
Mi-28 Wikipedia

So 8 is a bit much but it can carry people. The one that got released for ofp could too. I suppose its possible that wikipedia is wrong on this one but it hasn't let me down yet.

Edited by Jakerod
removed a line that was irrelevant from first quote

Just tested this one together with a bunch of other addons. No issues and damn this heli is nice! :)

Trying to figure out where the RPT is though in Win7 to see if there is anything, but first day with the OS so i cant find it lol...

Good work on this!

Alex

@ p75

Thanks mate! Well done.

@ Manzilla

As a PBOPREFIX is used, the name is irrelevant.

If people load multiple versions, the one with the newest/latest date should be active.

@ Inkompetent

Thanks for the report - fixed.

@ Varga

Sorry.. fixed replacement here for now until FTP is reachable again.

@ The Mi-28 cannot carry troops, only the Mi-24 can.

I disabled it for now. First the model (via proxies) needs to support them.

Thanks to Talyn and noamles for the beautiful promo screens. :)

Expect a hotfix tomorrow for the two config issues.