Sign in to follow this  
=CK=VanGuarD

Server Admin Rcon

Hi to all

Is there a program that can control the server remotely ie (RCON)

Thanks

=CK=VanGuarD

Server ip 91.192.210.59:2302

i think there should be something like this as when the MP slots dissapear admins cannot get onto their servers to either 1: control noobs 2: get on to get ready for an op .. etc the list goes on we have to shutdown the whole thing! so it goes offline for those players without warning :/

exactly my thinking i tried HLSW but that has no control over the server just veiws amount of people on we need more control over the servers as there are too many idiots out to spoil the game for others and i would like to remove this element from our server for good

Valve, ID Software, Epic and Infinity Ward (and quite a few others I'm sure) are all serious about multiplayer and they show it by providing and supporting certain key features including (but not limited to) RCON (and a proper console for that matter), a stand alone dedicated server package and Linux server binaries.

BIS has never been on top of the game as far as the "server/support" side goes which is a shame and a bit strange since there are some things that your game needs if you want to be serious about multiplayer.

It's a shame because it means that there aren't as many servers as there could be, and they aren't as well administered as they should be - both being items that inevitably affect the experience of all players willing to dabble in multiplayer. Hopefully BIS will have a look at these (and many other) requests from the community when internally discussing the patch milestones and road maps for ArmA 2.

+1 from me as well, it would be a hugely useful tool.

We would love to see something like this as well. Something like BF2CC did for BF2 would rock, but something simple to kick or ban from outside of the game would be perfect right now.

+1 would have been great the first time around, desperately needed the second time, maybe we will get lucky this third time?

currently working on one for our game server customers, will let you know when ready for release

Edited by ^NMG^GeneralAssault

Any update on this. Cause i keep getting to change the server.cfg file.

I did find a server admin tool but that was for a dedicated server. so not remoted to bad.

currently working on one for our game server customers, will let you know when ready for release

Excellent,think the whole community needs it! :cool:

You can control your server remotely with

the arma manager found at team ducks website.

http://www.teamduck.com

Too bad it aint working with win7

But will try this on vista

Ok I can read the link now ...So has anyone used this and if so what are the caracturistics of the program as more info is needed.

Found this thread after noticing my server is full and queuing for the past half hour. Wow! Tht's pretty annoying + I'm on windows 7. Bah. +1 from me.

got the client intalled under Win7 (compatibility mode) - but how do I use it?

Anyone know how to add the address of the 'web service that is hosted on your server'?

Confused!

I don't see a download link for Team Duck's tool and their forums seem fairly quiet.