Sign in to follow this  
Motivator

Getting errors trying to install the patch

I cannot install the new patch i get this, and i tried downloading it again. I tried to ignore the error but I just get a different one for a different file?

patcherror.jpg

:mad:

---------- Post added at 02:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:45 AM ----------

I found the problem, turns out the game never fully quit the last night i exited, in task manager it was still running:rolleyes:

IF YOU HAVE THIS PROBLEM CHECK TO MAKE SURE THE GAME IS NOT RUNNING IN TASK MANAGER

Edited by Motivator

I'm getting the same issue. I've tried re-downloading the patch, re-installing the game (which takes awhile) and nothing so far has worked. The pbo which the error throws up changes too, sometimes air2.pbo, animals2.pbo, anims.pbo, etc...

Any suggestions? :confused:

I'm getting the same issue. I've tried re-downloading the patch, re-installing the game (which takes awhile) and nothing so far has worked. The pbo which the error throws up changes too, sometimes air2.pbo, animals2.pbo, anims.pbo, etc...

Any suggestions? :confused:

check task manager see if it is still running?

Same error here to u can ignore but im sure that its isnt a good idea im reinstalling the game and gonna try a diffent dl link. Is there a minimum number of instalkls with this game like so manyothers now adays?

Same error here. Downloaded it from two different sites. Don't really want to take the 'ignore' option.

count me in with this group. i got two errors like this and ignored them. the game starts fine and shows version 1.02 in the bottome corner. i still feel uneasy about it though. i don't want to reinstall over this (i have an activation limit since i bought the digital download). would really like a fix to this or some confirmation that it is even a problem at all.

i have an activation limit since i bought the digital download).

Check, but usually with digital downloads you get activations back when you do an uninstal.

Check, but usually with digital downloads you get activations back when you do an uninstal.

hmmm i didn't know that. i'll have to check it out and see if that's the case for me. thanks for the tip.

No even getting that far -- when i run it I get 'Arma 2 is not installed or your computer or installation is corrupted'. Using the 505 game version - is there a seperate patch for each country ?

edit: I have tried several different download sites, all same message ...

Have you treid to manually extract the patch and manually copy the files over ?

Have you treid to manually extract the patch and manually copy the files over ?

How do you do that? Where do the files get extracted to?

Just checked and you can't unless you can decompile their exe, I thought it was just a packed exe.

Getting the same errors, multiple 1.02 patch downloads, multiple reinstalls of the German digital copy. I got it to work somewhat 1 time, but was missing the animals PBO file so not a single map would load.

BI...can we get some help with this please?

Hi all

Include current version number and source ie where you bought it from in posts.

Kind Regards walker

Same issue here.

The version displayed in game is v1.01.57631 - purchased at GAME in the UK.

Are you all updating from German 1.01 (final) to 1.02?

Yessir...I have tried updating 1.00 to 1.02 and 1.01 final to 1.02. This is the German version download.

EDIT: I did get pretty far into patching by installing a fresh copy of 1.00, running the game...exiting, then installing the patch. If I dont run it at least once I get the error immediately.

Edited by CakeOrDeath

Hi,

mayby this can solve your problem. I manualy rewrite "bad" file from original dvd. For example when you get "masage error found in file air2.pbo" , I rewrite this file from dvd and then click on retry, then I continue with all errors. I'm not sure if files are OK, but it probably works.

Edited by BoboCZ

first of all, HI to all in the comunity!

I too am having problems instaling the patchz, get the exact same error like all of u, tried re-instaling the game and downloaded the patch from 4 diferent sources, but still no luck :(

please if anyone knows whats going on let us know!

GERMAN VERSION

Finally got it to work

1) Unistall game, manually delete ArmA2 folder, remove any leftovers from My Documents

2) Run CCleaner (tis free) or similar Registry cleaner

3) Re-install game...DO NOT PATCH yet

4) Play game version 1.00, run a scenario (you don't have to finish..just get it started then exit)...exit the game

5) Patch to 1.01...DO NOT PATCH to 1.02

6) Play game version 1.01, run a scenario (I used the Village one both times, and again..just get it started then quit), exit the game

7) Patch to 1.02

This process finally got me patched to 1.02 with no errors

NOTE: Trying to use a game save from 1.01 in 1.02 caused the game to crash, probably why the patch notes warn against using older game saves

Give this a try...it may help you get patched up. (arma2.exe in task manager while patching was not the cause of my issues apparently)

Edited by CakeOrDeath

I think i already have prepatched game when i instal (1.01) because i use the 505games version one, bought it yesterday...

still no luck, how should i patch first to 1.1 when 1.1 is german only?

Hi,

mayby this can solve your problem. I manualy rewrite "bad" file from original dvd. For example when you get "masage error found in file air2.pbo" , I rewrite this file from dvd and then click on retry, then I continue with all errors. I'm not sure if files are OK, but it probably works.

Maybe all of you could try what BoboCZ said. Replace the defecting files with the original ones from the dvd. And then try to patch again.

trying to uninstal again... fingers crossed :)

---------- Post added at 08:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:30 PM ----------

ok, here is what i did:

1. i uninstaled the game

2. erased all arma2 directories from my pc

3. did a clean instal

4. entered the game and a mission, then quited the game

5. ran the patch exe and it was patching fine until 68% when i got errors:

ArmA 2: Updating version 1.01 to version 1.02...

Update 1.01-1.02\ADDONS\SOUNDMISSIONS.PBO.UPD cannot be applied, error xdelta3 returned error code: 1

Update 1.01-1.02\ADDONS\WATER2.PBO.UPD cannot be applied, error xdelta3 returned error code: 1

ArmA 2 patch 1.02 has been applied successfully.

i am totaly lost, i dont know what else to do to aply this patch sucsesfuly (with no errors)

When trying to install the patch to the UK 505 version I get Arma 2 is not installed on your computer or is corrupted.

---------- Post added at 11:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:58 PM ----------

Ok got it to run, just dragged and dropped the Arma2 aplication icon from the dvd into my main directory. I had been naming Arma 2 as crysis.exe to get it to run better, so even though I had renamed it, it wasnt recognising it properly.