Sign in to follow this  
thyco

Manhatten Bug List

First and formost, I will try to keep this a verbose as possible inorder to avoid any spoilers however chances are that some od the bugs im reporting will be spoilers.

* The mission its self can cause a memory leak and produce an out of memory crash. Doesnt happen all the time, ive managed to complete the mission once with out a crash happening.

* No way to tell CS Boomerang to attack. ( no option comes up in any of the raidio channels, thus making that objective come down to luck if the assault force happen to move in themselves.

* This leads to another bug, CS boomerang seems to dissappear with in a certain time frame of not being ordered to attack.

* using the Artillery support will only work once and after that you loose both the arty support AND starforce 21 even if starforce 21 was not shot down.

These are the major bugsm with this mission that can cause it to be EXTREMELY frustrating to finish, though with time, effort and alot of use of the save/load feature i have been able to successfully finish the mission 2 times and found no bugs or broken scripts with the following two missions afterwards.

Contray to the review put forth by PCgames.de, Mission Manhatten is not unplayable or impossible to complete, it just takes alot of effort and time to get completed.

Edit:

I forgot to add, that this mission is biggest and most sandboxed mission in the game that ive played thus far....its huge and after looking at it in the editor i can see why those bugs happen, its just so huge and complex

I got The Artillery Bug 2. But my Artillery did not fire... =D After using arty the Support Window was empty so i couldnt use any more Support.

Boomerang apperead but did not Help much and i werent able to contact them.

I got The Artillery Bug 2. But my Artillery did not fire... =D After using arty the Support Window was empty so i couldnt use any more Support.

Boomerang apperead but did not Help much and i werent able to contact them.

ive had them appear and do nothing, i have them appear and then dissappear with no trace to befound and ive had part of boomerang engage but that only because other friendly units started to engage and the enemy got to close to boomerang.

if a patch comes through that fixes this mission, it will be my favorite...the constant battles between BLUEFOR and OPFOR with in the AO and me and razor are free to engage and help out make it an awesome mission

These bugs appear with the beta patch 1.01 ?

patch 1.01: out of memory bug still exist (tested in koop gameplay)

We are waiting for the next patch now.

where do you go to finish this mission because when i went to the main camp nothing happens?

Contray to the review put forth by PCgames.de, Mission Manhatten is not unplayable or impossible to complete, it just takes alot of effort and time to get completed.

Thyco, I've been playing that mission for three days straight now. I do have the German beta patch and started over several times and tried different approaches.

So far: No joy.

The mission sure is enjoyable, but the bugs take a hell of a lot of fun out of it.

I've also had the chopper option disappear on me without the Huey being destroyed. The arty option also typically goes away without me ever using it.

I've found the hostile camp several times and also had the support force do multiple things they're not supposed to do. Like not showing up, showing up and wandering off, or chasing random hostiles into the woods while ignoring the camp.

Right now I'm in my 7th start over of this mission and did things in this sequence:

Did the "locate the weapons cache" first. Talked with the pater and chose to let him keep the guns. Ran into the female associate of the doc who told me that the doc is in the town Krasnowhatever. Went to the Doc and talked with him. While doing so I've run into the "lady" you're supposed to arrest. Arrested her and dropped her off at the destined spot for that. Went to meet Micha and his three pals to talk with them. Tried to arrest the 2nd person you're supposed to arrest only to see his house blow up.

With those things done I tried to find the hostile camp. Located and killed the arms dealer in his pickup truck near the camps usual position.

In the past I've always found the hostile camp in a certain area. Typically after talking to the pater (and letting him keep the weapons) the icon for a hostile field hospital shows up on the map. It had also this time, but as time had passed between me talking to the pater (and running errands afterwards) it was now gone.

Lo and behold: When I got to that spot, there was no enemy camp there anymore, nor anywhere near. Eventually I picked an APC from FOB Manhatten and went through the woods in concentric circles, searching for it.

At one point my gunner informed me of enemies nearby and the radio informed me that the hostile camp had been located. I was informed that the assisting force was on the way and that I was "cleared to engage". This was new, as that never had happened when I located the camp on foot. Because when on foot I was always asked to hold for the support. And usually had no artillery to take it on myself.

However: Despite the radio confirming that I had found the camp, there was no camp near or far anywhere in sight, nor did anything red show on the map. Not even a single hostile foot soldier.

I guess I have to start over once again. Which is pretty frustrating.

Edited by Thardoz

Something else that happens frequently in Manhattan:

My team stages a mutiny. :eek:

When I order them to "follow" me, they don't. They simply group up and stay at that spot, regardless to where I move.

The only way I can get them near me again is to order them to a specific spot near my own position, but there they stay again, ignoring all orders to fall back in line.

This often happens when I switch to a team member and then back to the squad leader. Switching back from a team member to the squad leader seems to be causing it with the greatest frequency, but it also sometimes happens when disembarking from vehicles.

Another thing that happen when switching back from a team member to the squad leader: The squad leader got "teleported" to FOB Manhattan and was standing next to the Huey - roughly 4km away from his initial position and the rest of the team. Plus the Huey then no longer could be called up through the menu or boarded, which was particularly annoying as I had to get back to the rest of the team. :yay:

At Manhatten base also you are told that you have access to the uav terminal, is it there cos I have looked and looked and cannot locate.

@Thardoz why dont u attack the Camp by Urself? I cleared it a bit by foot and then took my AAVP that I parked near and fired in it with the Grenade Launcher.I was able to clear the camp without any Help of Boomerang.

I got the Problem that in later Missions half of my team stayed where they are after I buyed new soldiers....only the new ones were following orders. The Rest just stood there....

@Thardoz why dont u attack the Camp by Urself? I cleared it a bit by foot and then took my AAVP that I parked near and fired in it with the Grenade Launcher.I was able to clear the camp without any Help of Boomerang.

The only times when I actually got to see the enemy camp was when I had located it on foot. The two times when I tried to locate it with one of the APC's it didn't show up. :o/

On foot the BMP, BRDM and the T-72 there would tear me apart. Or the machine gun nests.

I'll give it another try tonight.

Something else that happens frequently in Manhattan:

My team stages a mutiny. :eek:

When I order them to "follow" me, they don't. They simply group up and stay at that spot, regardless to where I move.

The only way I can get them near me again is to order them to a specific spot near my own position, but there they stay again, ignoring all orders to fall back in line.

This often happens when I switch to a team member and then back to the squad leader. Switching back from a team member to the squad leader seems to be causing it with the greatest frequency, but it also sometimes happens when disembarking from vehicles.

Another thing that happen when switching back from a team member to the squad leader: The squad leader got "teleported" to FOB Manhattan and was standing next to the Huey - roughly 4km away from his initial position and the rest of the team. Plus the Huey then no longer could be called up through the menu or boarded, which was particularly annoying as I had to get back to the rest of the team. :yay:

i actually spent the intire weekend and stayup all night sunday just doing that mission, it came down do to alot of restarts, reverts, reloads, and shitload of dumb luck.

the main en base ive had spawn in 2 seperate areas, to the west were napa says they should be and to the north west of kras thingy near the big dam.

god knows how many times i reloaded that mission when the base was at the north west...boomerang not showing up, or when they did and engaged one of my team members or i would be killed by that freaking sniper. in the end it came out to dumb luck and taking out the t72 and bmp with a lav firing the AT rounds.

in all i thinki spent a full 24hrs on that mission.

I really hope the gamebreaking mission bugs will be fixed at June 19, Im looking really forward to the campaign, and it would be a shame to meet game breaking bugs in it.

In this mission i have a big problem, that really p*sses me off.

I accomplished all objectives so far, except the destruction of the main camp.

As i was told by the 4 NAPA guys, i moved to the village of Vishnoye. I assume the camp is on top of that large hill, where the ruins are.

The problem now is: Everytime i get too close, i´ll get killed instantly. When i drive i get killed by RPG, when i walk i get killed by...must be snipers all over the place oO

No matter from which direction i approach the hill, this happens ALL THE TIME. It´s not even possible to locate where the shots are coming from. It sounds like the shooter (RPG or Gunner) is located right next to me, but there is nobody, even on open field this sh*t happens. I checked the whole damn hill with binoculars, i can´t see any soldiers, bunkers, MG Nests or whatever.

This kinda sucks cause if the camp is located up there, there is actually no way for me to get there :/

Does anyone have an idea?

P.S. Unfortunately i have the same Chopper/Artillery bug as they mentioned above, so i HAVE to go there myself :/

LOl.. I had that kind of Bug in the Desert Mission... I was in an BTR90 and got out of it and was instantly dead ^^ Dont know why.. there were no one...I Reloaded save game and then everything was allright. So agonthy reload or retry the whole mission;)

BTW is Anbody on the Desert Mission? ( Capture the 4 towns with the cdf)

The only times when I actually got to see the enemy camp was when I had located it on foot. The two times when I tried to locate it with one of the APC's it didn't show up. :o/

On foot the BMP, BRDM and the T-72 there would tear me apart. Or the machine gun nests.

I'll give it another try tonight.

Mh maybe i got much luck.. i was in the wood near a damm and my teammates shot much inf down and then i fired with the mk40 launcher in it.I guess that killed all Armor. Grenades are very effective ;)

Reloading um....guess what i do over and over again....^^

I´m just sick of it because i play this mission now for three days, before THIS bug i had the memory bug, wasn´t able to save during the mission without CTD, lol -.-

I'm getting these bugs also.

The UAV terminal is there definitely, but it moves way too fast to be able make anything out, plus I have not yet found a way to control it? The UAV should definitely move slower and be user controlled.

The bug with the team members not following you is to do with the 'All follow, All' bug/feature that was also in ArmA1. Basically, when you play as another member, the commander gets given an order, I've no idea where from. When you move back to the commander, and tell everyone to 'regroup', they do not follow you as you are 'busy', and instead they follow the lead of the next person down the leader chain (2), and because 2 isn't moving, they don't go anywhere near you.

In order to fix this bug, you can press 0, then 1 (I think) which calls the command 'Done'. Which informs the Ai you have completed your order, and are now 'Order Null' so to speak, and now if you tell them all to follow you, they will!

Yeah the UAV is so absolutely ridiculous xD

Open the map while you ...err well...."control" it (rofl) and you will see that it follows a flight path which describes a (very tight) circle around FOB Manhattan.

Again...and again...and again......hey, let´s mark some of our own troops around the camp! ....

Never seen anything more useless before, lol

If you control the UAV and press "m" for mapmode, you should be able to left-click to set the patrol area. I also read that you can control the uav speed by "q, y/z" and height by "w, s"

In order to fix this bug, you can press 0, then 1 (I think) which calls the command 'Done'. Which informs the Ai you have completed your order, and are now 'Order Null' so to speak, and now if you tell them all to follow you, they will!

Aaaah! Thank you! That works like a charm. :bounce3:

Finally I was able to find and destroy the camp (used an LAV-25 with AP rounds to destroy the T-72).

Still getting the (now very!) frequent CTDS (memory exhausted) and have a couple of other objectives to complete to end the mission.

thar, try lowering your graphical settings and view distance ( if you havent already) as that can slow down the memory loss rate

thar, try lowering your graphical settings and view distance ( if you havent already) as that can slow down the memory loss rate

Yeah, already did that and turned the quality down from 200% to 100%.

In the end I was able to beat Manhattan - after four days and countless attempts. Am currently running from the Russians trying to get back to "the boat". Quite an adrenaline rush for a change. :o

Yeah, already did that and turned the quality down from 200% to 100%.

In the end I was able to beat Manhattan - after four days and countless attempts. Am currently running from the Russians trying to get back to "the boat". Quite an adrenaline rush for a change. :o

yeah bitter chill is a great throw back CWC..i loved it, i did it the hard way and trudged the 5km from Novy Sobor to the CDF lines...god that was an adrenaline rush as well....having the team on hold fire and running through the forrests waiting for patrol to go away etc