Sign in to follow this  
Nowyoudie

No entry ".profilePathDefault'.

OK, I'm lost. I googled for this and there were no guides in setting up a dedicated server so that I don't have to host a mission ON the game, because that makes my FPS stay in 1 digit. I install ArmA on the D:\Games Directory\ (separate HDD for games only) but anyway I run arma_server.exe from the beta folder and it gives me that. I would like an insight on what I'm supposed to do (am I supposed to make a cfg file, and if so, where do I put it?) because this is making me sleepy due to how complicated it seems. :confused:

Check if you have an arma.cfg in the profiles\users\YourAdminAcc.

On the settings of the shortcut you use, below the target path, is a field that should be something like "Execute in" in English. This one has to be "D:\Games Directory\ArmA" without the beta folder in this one.

That one worked Scruffy, thanks. But what's the next thing I should do? Arma.cfg hmm.. Kju can you please be more specific where that cfg is because there are two or three different arma.cfgs in different folders like ArmA, ArmAOtherProfiles, ArmAprofiles

Edited by Nowyoudie

On the target line you can add the start parameters, for example the mods as in your game shortcut.

The info can be found in the Biki:

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/ArmA:_Server_configuration

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/ArmA:_Dedicated_Server

Example:

D:\Games Directory\ArmA\beta\arma_server.exe -mod=abc;xyz -config=server.cfg -cfg=arma.cfg -name=myserver -profile=D:\Games Directory\ArmA\

Your server now starts with the mod folders "abc" and "xyz" activated, uses the "server.cfg" located in your ArmA root folder for server settings (BIKI), the "arma.cfg" for some basic settings (BIKI) and will set up a folder "Users" on the path specified with -profile=. Inside this folder Users will be a folder with the username specified with -name=, maybe you need to set them up yourself.

Inside this folder you put the myserver.ArmAProfile (BIKI) where you can set up your difficulty settings.

arma.cfg is also the standard configuration file automatically created by the game.

It has settings for window mode for example.