End Point

Campaign intro trailer:

http://rapidshare.com/files/143829942/ENDPOINT.WMV.html

----------------------------------------------------------

MISSION 1 - Mountain Thunder

Gameplay trailer while it was in beta stages:

Stage of completion:

Late Beta.

This mission is now in late beta stages albeit complete I may add one or two things depending on feedback/suggestions like I did with The Cause missions when I put them together into a campaign. I will bug fix if anything is encountered. Thanks to Lt.Cameron and Sparks50 for helping me beta test this mission. Feedback/crit/comments/suggestions welcome.

Features:

-INTRO

-END CUTSCENE (NO OUTRO)

-FULL VOICE ACTING

-CUSTOM MADE MUSIC

-SP MISSION/CAMPAIGN

REQUIREMENTS

-QUEEN'S GAMBIT

-PATCH 1.14 (Uses some warfare models I believe)

BRIEF STORY

The mission takes place in 2009 after the reunification of Sahrani.

A short summary of the prior events are as follows:

Mass poverty and human rights abuses cause a general outcry against the RACS' occupation of North Sahrani. During the RACS puppet elections one of the candidates (General Garcia) storms the North Sahrani broadcasting station and demands the withdrawal of RACS forces from N.S., threatening the use of biological weapons should the RACS not comply.

Russia steps in to try and calm the situation by offering to help rebuild the N.S. government but the U.S. questions the Russian agenda in N.S. A weakend South Sahrani Monarchy takes General Garcia's threats very seriously and decides to withdraw most of its forces but leaves a few battalions behind in the mountain areas of N.S. just incase. However by the time the South realizes Garcia's bluff it is to late as Russian political intervention becomes a new incalculable threat. Tensions flare as a potential cold war scenario is rekindled. Refer to the campaign intro video (link at the top of thread.

Mission description:

You have been recruited into the Foreign Service Regiment which is attached to the North Sahrani 2nd Airborne Division. The Foreign service regiment acts as a foreign recruiter for Russian funded SLA operations in North Sahrani. Shortly after your arrival a helicopter belonging to the interim N.S. government is shot down over the Sierra Masbete. Your battalion is mobilized to surround the mountain range and eventually to engage the enemy. Your company's target is an observation post half way up the mountain which overlooks the only road linking Bagango to Pita Airbase.

Download Link:

http://rapidshare.com/files/151778184/EPFRV2.RAR.html

Armaholic download link:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=3974&comments=1

Out of interest: My own artillery script

The mission includes my own made artillery scripts both fixed and non fixed targets. Non fixed targets (ie: moving targets) are called in by 2nd Platoons Echelon Squad, markers will appear on the map indicating the target and the incoming shell. The shells are fired straight from the cannon so Im not cheating by spawning bombs wink_o.gif if the shell misses the target the squad leader from echelon squad will tell the arty to adjust his fire until the target is hit. Additionally each shell which is fired from the cannons ingame have an attached script to play a whizz sound when their close to the ground.

Hope you guys enjoy it.

-----------------------------------------------------------

ABOUT THE CAMPAIGN:

Its still a little rough around the edges.

I will release more information about the campaign as I get closer to releasing the missions for it which I will then compile into a campaign.

The intro sheds light on one event in the political backdrop of Sahrani after the reunification.

Comments/feedback/questions and suggestions welcome.

The campaign will be similar in nature/gameplay to The Cause Campaign which I released a while back link:

PREVIOUS CAMPAIGN:

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....22;st=0

Due to time constraints I have discontinued The Cause campaign and will probably work on it again once Arma2 is released and create it for Arma2.

EDIT: Wednesday/Thursday 25th

Mission 1 is progressing slowly but surely. Should be done with it at the latest by end of this week.

Here is a brief in mission trailer:

http://rapidshare.com/files/148078148/EPT1.WMV.html

I can't tell whether this will be an OPFOR or BLUFOR campaign...

However, if you need some more aircraft for the RACS, you might want to check out the Project RACS release topic

Hi there, the campaign will be opfor sorry for not having mentioned smile_o.gif

Very nice voice acting and very much looking to see how the story unfolds xmas_o.gif

Thanks Q smile_o.gif hopefully it won't disappoint.

Ah, i'm looking forward to this smile_o.gif

ArmA seriously lacks some good missions and campaigns, and i really liked The Cause.

You might actually remember the gameplay video i made of one of the missions ^^

Proper infantry missions are allways welcome!

Hi Sic smile_o.gif sure do rememmber biggrin_o.gif thanks for making that btw i have it linked in the cause thread smile_o.gif

Very nice news ! I loved The Cause and your voice acting is highly professional. I would recommend you for a BIS position as mission/campaign maker + voice overs wink_o.gif

I would love seeing some addons, for SLA and RACS for this campaign. Having some BTR and MiG15 for SLA, M60 and MirageIII for RACS would be nice for a change.

Can't watch the trailer right now, will do as soon as I get home wink_o.gif Can't wait !

Malick

"the cause" is one of my favourite campaigns! looking forward to this one!

Hello,

I completely agree with the above comments. 'The Cause' is one, if not the best campaign I have ever played. What I really enjoyed about it was that the player was in the role of an 'average soldier', fighting in large numbers and combined arms with near enough equal numbers as the enemy had, which gave off a very realistic experience when compared to all the 'you versus an entire army' missions you see around.

Would you be able to do a version that does not require Queens Gambit? If not then I think I will have to buy it just to play your new campaign biggrin_o.gif

I am really looking forward to it. Your hard efforts are very much appreciated.

James

Thanks Malick, Sparks50, LFO and A320 smile_o.gif

I really appreciate the positive feedback as it really motivates me to provide you guys with infantry missions for Amra smile_o.gif

The first mission is coming along nicely and will act as a sort of introduction to the players role and the political surroundings. Its always hard to balance ideas with what is possible in Arma and often it takes the first mission to be completed with a decent storyline to get the wheels in motion.

I was a little worried about End Point campaign as I wasn't sure how well it would be received and theres nothing worse than putting in a lot of hard work for nothing. I hope to get the first mission completed tomorrow and ready for release/beta testing. You will have to act as guinea pigs I'm afraid smile_o.gif

The End Point campaign takes place after the reunification of Sahrani and so I had to figure out a decent scenario for 2 evenly balanced armies facing off with one another after a war and occupation.

Im hoping my efforts will pay off smile_o.gif

Thanks again everyone I totally appreciated all the feedback from The Cause and hope that this new campaign will be equally well received smile_o.gif

EDIT: I have to leave out of state for a couple of days tomorrow so won't be finished in time. Watch this thread as I should be releasing mission 1 a little after the 20th or so.

Sorry about the delay sad_o.gif

The 20th? Who of us gave you that much free time? Get back here and slave your ass away for us! mad_o.gif

j/k ofcourse smile_o.gif Have fun mate.

Its like they say, the second book is always the hardest to write hehe smile_o.gif

Good luck with it.

Just went back and replayed one of my all time favorite missions after reading this. Mission 5 of The Cause. With the right combination of mods... truly unbelievable mission (Although I've never been able to get it to end properly).

Thanks for the support guys it is always appreciated and helps egg me on smile_o.gif

The first mission story is just about done as is the intro (just need to add the rest of the subtitles for those who might find it hard to understand some of the accents/voices in the intro), the mission plan is almost completed and implemented.

The mission's themselves are the hardest part really, Im filled with great ideas but some things just dont feel right when implemented.

Usually this is due to the locations on the map. The first mission will take place in mid eastern N.sahrani. Location scouting is difficult and takes up 90% of my time... I've scrapped missions so many times because the locations just didnt feel or look right.

Im happy to say Im getting close to being satisfied with the first mission and played it (in its current state) a few times...

the combat is starting to flow and the environment seems immersive enough but I need to add a few things to keep it interesting and fix a few minor issues with the ai which sometimes slow things down in terms of pace.

The player should never have to back track unless its intentional.

Im happy to report that one of my scripts I was working on a while back for added atmos and strategy is working now and will be implemented, tis a small thing but fun to see.

Anyway I have updated the top thread with some information as to the storyline... possible spoiler alert.

More bla bla read if you want but is inconsequential:

Atmosphere is one of the most important parts and often I wish Arma had a bit more graphical capacity in the terrain/anim/tactical choice dept. Im looking forward to Arma 2 smile_o.gif

So my missions are often tailored to incorporate some strategic significance in regards to the terrain.

I really loved the west coast of North Sahrani but alot of the mountainous terrain in N.S. is very repetitious. Yet there are some decent places that I think would make for some good mission areas.

Just went back and replayed one of my all time favorite missions after reading this.  Mission 5 of The Cause.  With the right combination of mods... truly unbelievable mission (Although I've never been able to get it to end properly).

Hehe, you should try it with the new FFN mod, then it becomes nearly impossible biggrin_o.gif

AI is aggressive and human-like, and at one point I died almost 10 times, because I was pinned down by 3 rooftop machingunners,

and no matter where I ran from my hiding spot, they would get me tounge2.gif

And I thought it was hard before.. I love that mission.. and the others.. Its amazing how realistic these missions feels, while being very cinematic like.

I'm really looking forward to your next work Rejn.

thanks Sparks smile_o.gif

Just out of curiosity, does anyone still experience any oblems with mission 5 after the patches?

One of the cause mission 5 problems was a large use of global variables due to the random waypoints I had and the units in a global group.

Apparently the patch 1.09 was supposes to fix crashes in missions with large ammounts of global variables. 200 or more that is.

thanks

Nice ok thanks Q smile_o.gif

Am probably heading home tommorrow so expect mission 1 soon after smile_o.gif

Probably the latest end of this week but should be any day now.. Ill probably get you and a few other people who have posted here to beta test before i release.

The first mission is always the hardest. I always end up finding it hard to filter how much information I give the player...

I always end up getting side tracked on new ideas but you can expect some nice artillery scripts which I've implemented and are working.

The player will not yet have any influence in where the artillery strikes but once I work out a mathematical forumlae for it which shouldn't be to hard then no worries.

Artillery in the mission is real meaning that the ai aims and fires the artillery pieces with no cheat scripts apart from the ai being told the dimensions of where to aim with a few random parameters. I spent some time adding a script which plays a sound once the shell is around 350 meters off the ground so you will hear the whizz before impact smile_o.gif

More time was spent researching artillery batteries...

Funnily enough this script has sorta changed the gameplay a bit as it total screws enemy emplacements, it was hard to get a squad into enemy territory alive without artillery... now its a walk in the park with preperation fire...

but thats fine, helps the player on the first mission and makes it seem less like a suicide attack... anyway theres about 60 or so souls that die before you even get a chance to fight them hehe... Just wondering whether or not I should make a cam that shows what the player can't see so that they don't think ive been lazy with the setup and have artillery firing to no where smile_o.gif

Additional time has been spent voice acting some charachters into the first mission and doing various radio transmissions...

may upload a progress footage of gameplay in the next 2 days if I don't get done on time...