Sign in to follow this  
Martin_BM

Making addon mp compatible

Hi

I would like to make my addon MP compatible. I created bikey and biprivatekey , i created pbo using BinPBO with biprivatekey selected in options and i don't know what next sad_o.gif . I don't know how to create bisign file and i don't know what files need to be placed in archiwe to make my addony MP playable...

Please help someone

Well the following will make your mod/addon compatible with multiplayer signature checking which I think is what your asking (your mod may not actually work in multiplayer perhaps it's only singleplayer compatible I wouldn't no).

To create a .bisign for a .pbo locate the file called DSSignFile.exe which is included in the ArmA tools package. Use the following syntax:

dsSignFile.exe private_key_filename file_to_sign_filename

replace private_key_filename with the name of your biprivatekey that you created.

file_to_sign_filename is the name of the target .pbo to sign.

If you have created a .bikey (using DSCreateKey.exe), package it up with your .pbo's in your final archive. Server admins put the .bikey into their server's 'Keys' folder thus allowing the mod/addon to run clientside if signature checking is switched on serverside and the .bisigns are present clientside.

Keep your .biprivatekey safe and use it to sign all of your release mods. Never distribute your .biprivatekey. Include your public key (.bikey) in every subsequent release incase servers do not already have it from one of your previous releases. You do not need to create a new bikey with every release just use your existing one that was created with DSCreateKey.exe and always sign your new .pbo with the associated .biprivatekey

Never distribute your .biprivatekey. If you do anyone could sign their own mods using it and thus allowing their mods through on a server that has your public key (bikey) installed.

So to recap in your release archive you need your .pbo's, associated .bisign's (that were created using your .biprivatekey) and your .bikey (that was created when your .biprivatekey was created). Note: if you do not include the .bikey file there is no point in distributing .bisign's for your .pbo's as the .bisign's uniquely reference the .bikey that you signed it with unless of course your only signing your .pbo's for use on your own dedicated server or other dedicated servers already have your .bikey file installed.

and how did it works then with the

DSCheckSignatures.exe ?

--------------------------------------------------------------

Checked_dir / Keys_dir ?

--------------------------------------------------------------

with the dssignfile.exe :

------------------------------------------------------------------

private_key_filename / file_to_sign_filename

Name.biprivatekey / PBOName.pbo

but that don´t work, now !