Sign in to follow this  
Reezo

Smooth camera pan/tilt via mouse moving

Hello everyone,

I am working on a Sniper Pod XR camera script and I was wondering what can be the best way to achieve a smooth camera movement via mouse movement.

So far I can think of the following:

1. Changing camera Dive, Bank and Dir via mouse input?

2. Creating a GameLogic that works as the camera target and alter its position via mouse input, in order to have the camera follow his target naturally?

My problem is some kind if multiplier or factor in mouse input use..I am able ti move the camera but I have two problems:

a. Once even a small change in panning is made, the camera movement keeps going forever. It should stop, instead (if no mouse movement is detected)

B. Controls are too sensitive when a higher Zoom (or lower Fov) is used. It makes it hard to control the camera for small adjustments.

Thanks for the help, as usual, can't wait to read any sort of tip/suggestion. :)

G'day Reezo,

Hello everyone,

I am working on a Sniper Pod XR camera script and I was wondering what can be the best way to achieve a smooth camera movement via mouse movement.

Could you explain to me what you mean by a Sniper Pod XR? It would help me think of possible solutions for your problem.

thanks,

undercoverbrother

The Sniper XR is a sort of high-quality camera that can be attached to an aircraft hardpoint.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lockheed_Martin_Sniper_XR

Thanks for entering the thread :)

---------- Post added at 01:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:03 PM ----------

Never mind. I solved it myself.

Thanks anyway!

Check out how either Mandoble or LurchiDerLurch do it mate. Both are equally successful in getting smooth movement.

Check out how either Mandoble or LurchiDerLurch do it mate. Both are equally successful in getting smooth movement.

Thanks, I was about to then a sudden hit of good luck gave me a great formula eheh

The result:

5KcooHNiANc

Nice result indeed. What are you planning to do with it?

I would love to make a mod out of this, using this:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=1861879&postcount=8

And making it available as an attachable payload to vehicle hard points (as it is for missiles, but without firing it of course).

It features:

- Auto stabilized camera: you stop the mouse, the camera keeps its center regardless of the aircraft movement

- Realistic HUD

- Vehicle tracking lock: you can lock the camera on a moving vehicle and never loose sight of it

- Air-Air and Air-Ground modes

- Laser painting and distance calculation

- Adaptive, powerful auto zoom keeps the right field of view in relation to the distance to target

- Fixed mode zoom for extreme range observation

- Targets scan and HUD icons on screen, in relation to the targets

- Works with AI and from remote units: an F35B pilot can orbit an area from an extreme altitude and people on the ground can access the camera on the plane from a relay vehicle

- Integrates with the available weapon systems

- FLIR

- Markers creation for aerial recon missions

- Custom sounds and graphics

I wanted a great camera system that could work with everything and with every mod, without the hassle of coupling behemoth mods together and get more compatibility problems than benefits :)

So

I made my own ;)

Very good indeed mate. Will be interested in how this develops .... keep us informed.

Thanks guys. I need to smooth the edges and wait for the big surprise. Myke is willing to add this to his SniperPod which includes an f-16 model and other - hopefully - vehicles that can mount the sniperPod in one of their hard points.

sorry to revive the thread, is this released as I would like to potentially use it in a mod im working on as a recce pod.

Looks awesome, is the developer no longer working on this? Or is it done? Any links available to a scripted version (non addon)?

This and

are so much smoother than any solutions released so far, including the the default UAV camera and the Mando Missiles LGB/AGM camera. I would love to see something of this quality released to the public!