Sign in to follow this  
xeno426

More Thermal Scopes and Zeroing

Updated 30 July, 2011

These two mods add more thermal scopes to the OPFOR side and add Zeroing to more ArmA2 weapons that should have it.

th_FNFALThermal.jpg

The Thermal Scopes mod isn't meant to be realistic, as it gives the thermal imaging to FN FAL with the PVS-4 scope and to the NSPU version of the SVD. It's purpose is simply to add thermal sights to more OPFOR weapons than just the AK-74 GOSHAWK.

This mod adds the Thermal scope to the FN FAL AN/PVS4, SVD NSPU, and rangefinder binoculars. It also modifies the Metis launcher so it doesn't force you into thermal mode anymore. Its default mode is thermal, but you can now toggle betwen thermal and regular optics.

th_screenshot2.jpgth_screenshot1.jpg

The Zeroing mod, however, is supposed to be a bit more realistic. Comments as to what weapons should really have a scope adjustment feature are welcome.

This mod adds the ability to zero in sights has been added to the following weapons: SVD (and variants), KSVK, VSS, XM8 weapon family, DMR, Mk12 SPR, AKS-74 PSO, AK-107 PSO, AK-107 GL PSO, M249 TWS, PKP, all Mk.16 variants without ACOG/RCO sights, all Mk.17 variants without ACOG/RCO sights, MP5, MP5SD, M4A1, M16A2, M16A2 GL, M16A4, M16A4 GL, M240, M249, M249 Des, FN FAL (and AV/PVS-4), Lee Enfield No.4, G36C (and variants), PP-19 Bizon (and SD), AK-74, AK-74 GL, AKS-74, AKS-74U, AKS-74 NSPU, AKS-74 GOSHAWK, RPK-74.

Weapons with RCO sights are now zeroed to 150 meters.

Weapons with ACOG sights are zeroed to 100 meters.

Server keys are included in the files.

Thermal changelog:

Updated bikey to new standard

Added separate bikey for Thermal mod

Added TGW icon

Metis launcher now can use non-thermal scope, though thermal mode is still default

Fixed a problem that prevented save game loading

Moved the Zeroing portion of the mod into a mod of its own

Fixed zeroing not working on the XM8 and Mk12

Added zeroing to the XM8 family

Added zeroing to the DMR

Added zeroing to the Mk.12 SPR

Added zeroing to PSO-equipped AK-107 and AK-74s

Zeroing changelog:

Re-enabled the binoculars without optics option. This was removed in a previous version but I forgot to add it to the changelog

Fixed a bug with the G36 in the Vanilla version of mod

Fixed G36A (Camo) in the ANZINS_X version of the mod

Fixed G36K (Camo) in the ANZINS_X version of the mod

Updated bikey to new standard

Fixed TGW icon

Fixed problem with M8 series

Fixed AKS-74 PSO in ANZINS version so that the ironsights are adjustable

Fixed several unadjustable weapons being zeroed incorrectly

Added TGW icon

Fixed compatibility issues concerning ANZINS 1.5.2

Added compatibility with ANZINS weapons_x.pbo

The optional version where every weapon is zeroable has been removed

Added zeroing for static weapons

Fixed a problem that prevented save game loading

Removed variable zoom from the binoculars

Removed vision mode references from the SVD NSPU

Fixed the AK-107 PSO

Added zeroing to the following weapons: MP5, MP5SD, M14 AImpoint, M4A1, M16A2, M16A2 GL, M16A4, M16A4 GL, M16A4 ACOG, M16A4 GL ACOG, All Mk.16 variants, All Mk.17 variants, M240, M249, M249 Des, Mk.48, Mk.48 Des, FN FAL (and AV/PVS-4), SA-58V ACOG, SA-58 CCO, Lee Enfield No.4, G36C (and variants), MG36, PP-19 Bizon (and SD), AK-74, AK-74 GL, AKS-74, AKS-74 Kobra, AKS-74U, AKS-74UN Kobra, AKS-74 NSPU, AKS-74 GOSHAWK, RPK-74, AK-107 Kobra, AK-107 GL Kobra

Separated versions that have zeroing for AIMPOINT/Holo sights from those that don't

Initial release

Mirrors:

- Armaholic: TGW Thermal Scopes v1.3

- Armaholic: TGW Zeroing v1.33

- MediaFire: TGW Thermal Scopes v1.3

- MediaFire: TGW Zeroing v1.33

Edited by Xeno426
updated mirror

Please could you upload them somewhere else.

The Zeroing file is unreachable.

Regards,

TB

I can't get them either, the links aren't working...they say an error has occured you are not allowed to view this category.

Sorry about that, it seems you have to be logged in to view those files. Here's some mirrors on MediaFire.

[EDIT]Obsolete links, see first post for newest ones[/EDIT]

Edited by Xeno426

No worries Xeno, I'm looking forward to trying your zeroing mod out. As a suggestion, have you considered expanding your mod to cover ironsight rifles too?

Not really, since I don't know what rifles have adjustable sights and to what degree they can be adjusted.

That's not really a problem Xeno, if I (and others) can dig up some information on the iron sights settings and ranging, would you like to give it a go?

That's not really a problem Xeno, if I (and others) can dig up some information on the iron sights settings and ranging, would you like to give it a go?

Sure

Please make grenade launchers zeroable out to 400m or so :)

I didn't include that because I felt the GDT Mod Under-slung Grenade Launcher sights was a better alternative. The M32 and M79 will get zeroing in the next version if I can get info on their ranges (otherwise they're going to get 200-500 meters).

Zeroing for attached/under-barrel grenade launchers would in my mind be a more elegant solution than the GDT sights mod.

Just my $0.02.

hey Xeno426 can u make predatores thermal vision just like in the movie ! :D

I didn't include that because I felt the GDT Mod Under-slung Grenade Launcher sights was a better alternative. The M32 and M79 will get zeroing in the next version if I can get info on their ranges (otherwise they're going to get 200-500 meters).

Both of them are 30-400m

There's a round type called the ERLP that has a range of 800m: http://www.janes.com/articles/Janes-Ammunition-Handbook/40-mm-ERLP-TM-MV-grenade-South-Africa.html

The M32 and M79 will get zeroing in the next version if I can get info on their ranges (otherwise they're going to get 200-500 meters).

I already tried that and you can get the HUD to work, but the grenades themselves are unimpressed by whatever distance you set. Seems like it only works for bullets, not grenades/rockets. :(

And I haven't tried your Zeroing mod yet, but I sure will. Keep it up.

Hi Xeno, thanks for doing this. I've concentrated on the iron sight weapons in game and this is what I've come up with so far. The sight ranges are in metres (apart from the Lee Enfield with is in yards). The increments column shows how many increments there are and the range step of each increment. Please bear in mind this is still unfinished and I'm having difficulty finding information about the iron sights for the G36C, FN FAL and M4\M16 family (sight increments). If anyone has any information for these, I'd love to know about them. I'll keep looking for more information.

ArmA2Weaponsights.jpg

For the Lee Enfield, should I convert the values to their (rounded) meter equivalent? I'm leaning that way because at 1300 yards, simply making that 1300 meters essentially gives the gun an extra 121 yards to the range.

I'm also unsure what the (2 x 350) for the AKS-74U means. Does it just have a 350, 450 and 500 meter sight range?

As for the Mk.16 CQC, does it have a 100-600 meter sighting with six 100m increments? I only ask because the "Sighting Range" column only has a simple "600" in it.

As a side note, I plan to place the "default" range on most assault rifles to either 200 or 300 meters (leaning towards 300). As for the MP5, what would be the common "default" range of that weapon.

I'll also be modeling the AK-107 after the AK-74 sights in the lack of any proper information, since they are probably similar.

Edited by Xeno426

Sorry about that, the AKS-74U has 2 sight settings 1 for 350 metres and another for 450-500 metres. The Mk.16 has 6 settings from 100-600 metres. With the Lee Enfield in game (and most other iron sight rifles), I cannot see a human figure beyond 800 metres so if it was me I'd round down on the metres.

Your default range of 300 metres for assault rifles is spot on as far as I'm concerned. The rifles I've been trained on have always had their battle sights set to 300 metres (or yards in the case of the Lee Enfield no.4).

I'll have a look at the MP5 and G36C again and try to get some more information about their iron sights. I'm also interested in learning about the M-4\M-16 sights from what I can see they're either in 100 metre increments or they have just 2 settings.

Edited by Moggy

You're going to have to use a scripted solution for grenade launchers. The integrated zeroing in OA doesn't work on them (and it's very unlikely it works on rocket launchers either)... I've tried.

You're going to have to use a scripted solution for grenade launchers.

That puts it outside my meager abilities, then.

Xeno:

Maybe "expand" on GDT's work (in a separate PBO dependent on theirs) to add their sights to all applicable OA weapons?

Provided that's kosher with them of course.

According to the MP5 operator's manual, all MP5's leave the factory zeroed at 25 metres.

I've found a little bit more information on the M4\M16 family. I'm reading a markmanship manual for the rifles, the M16A2 can be adjusted from 25 metres to 800 metres in the following increments; 25, 50, 75, 100, 150, 175, 200, 250, 300, 400, 500, 600, 700 & 800 metres. The M4A1 and M16A4 are the same but their sighting ends at 600 metres.

The Canadian FN-FAL (C1A1) had an adjustable rear sight with range settings in 100 yard increments from 200 yards up to 600 yards. Which ties in with what I've read of the FAL's effective range of 600 metres.

Edited by Moggy

Hey,

There's an error with the AK-107 PSO in editor and in mission "scope.opticsZoomMin" error or something.

Just to help, btw your zeroing mod is clever.

Yep, I noticed that already and it will be fixed in the next version.

How would zeroing work with weapons that have holo, red-dot or kobra sights?

And does anyone have any info regarding the PP-19 Bizon?

Edited by Xeno426