Sign in to follow this  
krzychuzokecia

LamuSoft WW4 Extensions

The WW4 Modpack has just... expanded!

Hello guys!

I think that most of you'll agree: Sanctuary's WW4 Modpack is becoming 'community standard' - more and more addon-makers are basing their work on WW4 Resources, or use WW4 Anims. That's why I've made two small addons - extensions for WW4 Modpack

LamuSoft WW4 Weapons Extension 0.9

ww4ex4.th.jpg

Most important news about this addon: bakelite is back!

This pack contains retexed and remodeled weapons from WW4 mod. Vilas permission to use his old OFP addons gave me an opportunity to create good-ole' AK-74 for WW4, where we can find modern AK-74M. Additionally I've made AKM and AKMS using WW4 AK-74 and -47 as a basis.

Apart from that, this addon gives you 'proper' AKS-74 and AKS-74U - without black polymer parts. All weapons are using WW4 Mod magazines:

lam_ww4_ak74
lam_ww4_ak74gp25	- WW4_E545_30mag
lam_ww4_aks74		- WW4_E545_30HDmag
lam_ww4_aks74u
--------------------------------------------
lam_ww4_akm		- WW4_E762_30mag
lam_ww4_akms		- WW4_E762_30HDmag
--------------------------------------------
		- WW4_VOG25grenade
		- GrenadeLauncher
GP-25 under-barrel	- Flare
grenade launcher	- FlareGreen
		- FlareRed
		- FlareYellow

Pack is bound to be improved and expanded for other weapons types (like AKs with GL). For credits see readme.

Requirements:

- WW4 Modpack 2.1

- Operation Flashpoint: Resistance 1.96 or ArmA: CWA 1.99

Download: click!

LamuSoft Banana Republic 0.9

ww4ex1.th.jpgww4ex2.th.jpg

ww4ex3.th.jpg

This small units pack was invented while making textures for Karbala 2004 Mod. I was bored, took WW4 cloth texture, put it over GIMP's leopard pattern, edited it a bit, and... voila!

This addon tries to represent some small African or South American country, ruled by dictator but tied to west - typical banana republic. This is very simple addon, containing 2 pilots, 2 APC crew units, 2 army units and 4 (2+2 :p) Specials - highly trained units to 'dirty-job' tasks. In future I'm going to add more infantry and some vehicles.

Requirements:

- WW4 Modpack 2.1

- Operation Flashpoint: Resistance 1.96 or ArmA: CWA 1.99

Download link: click! WARNING! Contains old version of weapons pack! Ignore it!

Have a nice day! (well, it's evening here :) )

Edited by krzychuzokecia
Link to new weapons pack

Holy shit! :respekt:

Faster than I expected :cool:

Congratulations mate ! Time to run Tonal and kill few bad guys :p

Bielow

Vilas stuff are not in my opinion a good choice, because his addons are not well optimized and textured. But our idea is really great. keep it up :)

Thanks for kind comments guys!

ProfTournesol:

Check the readme ;)

Bielow:

You've expected that?! :confused: PM sent :)

Tonal? Nooo, Tonal is too detailed for this addon!

Sennacherib:

Vilas stuff are not in my opinion a good choice, because his addons are not well optimized and textured.

Well, it was the only one stuff I could use, until I'll finish my textures (besides: most of his models are good, and some textures - ones I've used here - too, but his addons are 6-7 years old! So nothing special now). I agree that now his models are at least 'cheesy', but I've used MLODS from WW4 Resource pack - to make my weapons compatible with Sanctuary ones.

Private thing: I still owe You some models, shame on me... :(

Very good, the gimp leopard pattern seems to work nice in desert island that features some vegetations.

Very good, the gimp leopard pattern seems to work nice in desert island that features some vegetations.

Yep, I was surprised that it works so good! In fact it's not exactly GIMP leopard - I've changed black shapes to dark-green/olive (something you can see on Polish military vehicles). I wasn't even bothered to release it, it came out from boredom, but results were so promising that I've made whole set of units. Then I thought that they would need some older weapons than WW4 AK-74Ms, and after few hours of work I've made it. Very simple, yet effective.

When I'll upload update I'm going to add this pattern in .jpg and .png - unfortunately GIMP can't export to .tga...

When I'll upload update I'm going to add this pattern in .jpg and .png - unfortunately GIMP can't export to .tga...

Hmm gimp can save in TGA (at least the gimp 2.6.10 i use)

As it may be usefull for people using GIMP , i write it there :

When you save a picture as a TGA with GIMP and open it with PaaTool by example to convert it into a PAA or PAC, PaaTool will tell you it's not a 32 bits TGA (as PaaTool works only with 32 bits pictures)

So in GIMP do this :

You have your picture on a layer :

P82K8.jpg

Right click on that Layer panel and select New Layer to add a new one

klXWc.jpg

Set this layer as using Transparency on the panel that pop up

buZwK.jpg

You'll obtain this :

HQtvd.jpg

Right click on the Layer panel and select "Merge Visible Layers" ( -not- Flatten Image)

un2XM.jpg

Confirm like this at the panel popping up

FqRgG.jpg

Now you can save your TGA it is considered as 32 bits picture by PaaTool and will be able to be converted as a PAA or PAC without a problem.

It's important to never use RLE compression for a TGA in GIMP, ofp tools will not be able to use them.

Thanks for nice comments!

And thanks to Sanc for enlightening me on how make 32bits TarGAs in GIMP ;)

See first post for weapons pack update!

Will this work with 2.5?

Although I haven't tested it on 2.5, I don't see any reason why it shouldn't work with it - it needs weapons and textures which were in WW4 Modpack since first release.

Everybody:

update is coming nicely, it'll contain more weapons types (AKs with optics etc.), with all res-LODs done. Bananas will hit 1.0 and contain counterparts of almost every WW4 units - ATM without demolisher (sabotage) unit, because it'll use PP-19 Bison pistol, completely redone from WW4 MLODs and BIS model. After that - I'll start working on vehicles.

Thanks Njmatrix, I hope you'll like this:

LamuSoft WW4 '80s Replacement

Yet another WW4 extension from me. This one replaces models of 1980s US soldiers and standard BIS weapons.

Using Sanctuary's models and textures, I've made new BIS US soldiers replacement, because I don't like ones in original WW4 Mod. Their camo seemed bleached, and it was completely different than WW4 West Army one. I wanted to save "visual consequence", so I retextured existing models.

Additionally I've replaced BIS weapons with WW4 counterparts. While it seems unrealistic (M16A4 in Cold War?? WTF?!), it's better provisional solution while waiting for proper Cold War era weapons. Also, now you can use WW4 magazines with this weapons. Remember though: I haven't changed some weapons (PP-19 Bizon or M21), so BIS values have still "higher priority".

Download version 1.0 here and have fun!

Watch out! This replacement will work ONLY with WW4 Mod 2.5!

Edited by krzychuzokecia
Hotfix

I was actually planning something like this myself too, but it seems like you beat me to it. :) But I think you forgot the addon itself, the archive only contains the config file.

I was actually planning something like this myself too, but it seems like you beat me to it. :) But I think you forgot the addon itself, the archive only contains the config file.

Oh my God, what a shame... I knew that file size is to small :o

Anyway it's fixed now, never upload addons when you're in hurry!