Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

NVIDIA video card(s) owners read here!

Framerate is 25-28.

That doesn't really help us. For example, where is it 25-28? City, wilderness?

Eth

Framerate is 25-28.
It would be nice to know where so we can reproduce this.

Thank you for you help, i really appreciate. Please keep talking in the other thread, so we avoid crossposting. :)

I have a 3.8ghz machine with 12mb ram, win7, nvida 295 (2 of them) with the 190.x drivers. My performance was poor until I turned off the hyperthreading in the bios, now very smooth. It is smoother with SLI off then with it on, odd.

Recent CTD'S

Nvidia 190.62 whql

Taken from the event viewer log

Faulting application arma2.exe, version 1.3.0.58627, time stamp 0x4a783683, faulting module d3d9.dll, version 6.0.6002.18005, time stamp 0x49e03705, exception code 0xc0000005, fault offset 0x0004dde0, process id 0xf88, application start time 0x01ca30bb6b4d6f57.

I'm going to reinstall drivers and directx. However, can anyone shed any light on this fault other than it does mention d3d9?

well im play Arma 2 from when it came out , a couple days ago i was play with the editor and when i try to see the preview the grass color was gone , the tree are like boxes , there is not texture anywere , so I reinsatll the wideo card drivers , but nothing and i reistall the game , but nothing again . One think i notes before this happened the game was crashing and crashibg the day before

So i have a Q9550 , 8Gb 1066 ram , 9800 gtx+ video card . all other games are fine but this one , i patch Arma 2 to 1.03

please help

:):):)

1. If you are running vista add: -winxp to your arma2 shortcut.

2. If that doesn't work, or you are running xp, then try an older nvidia driver. Lots of people recommend 182.50

Hope this helps.

I'm attempting to make SLI work for my two 8800GTX cards on Vista 32bit. None of the original poster's suggestions are working, and I mean none.

However, SLI works immediately in Windows XP + ArmA2 with NO tweaks at all. Just like it should.

I've attempted to use the latest Nvidia drivers (190.62 as of now, PhysX file version 09.09.0814 [but PhysX is disabled]). I've attempted to rollback to 186.18 drivers and use the SLI patch provided by NVidia. I've attempted to use EVGA's tool. I've attempted to use nhancer. I've tried to rename the .exe to crysis. I've used the -winxp shortcut.

I believe I have tried every trick the internet has to offer.

SLI appears to works correctly in the Vista OS (message "SLI enabled" at bootup). When I run a benchmark in Arma (see the ArmAII-Mark thread in the forums here) I see a score of around 2,000 in Vista and almost 4,000 in XP so it seems Arma2 in Vista just doesn't want to run in SLI mode.

Motherboard is XFX Nvidia board, I've tried with the bios Nvidia video accelerator enabled and disabled, but it makes no difference.

Anyone else having these issues? Arma 2, SLI, and Vista seem to hate each other.

Edited by 1longtime

I'm attempting to make SLI work for my two 8800GTX cards on Vista 32bit. None of the original poster's suggestions are working, and I mean none.

However, SLI works immediately in Windows XP + ArmA2 with NO tweaks at all. Just like it should.

I've attempted to use the latest Nvidia drivers (190.62 as of now, PhysX file version 09.09.0814 [but PhysX is disabled]). I've attempted to rollback to 186.18 drivers and use the SLI patch provided by NVidia. I've attempted to use EVGA's tool. I've attempted to use nhancer. I've tried to rename the .exe to crysis. I've used the -winxp shortcut.

I believe I have tried every trick the internet has to offer.

SLI appears to works correctly in the Vista OS (message "SLI enabled" at bootup). When I run a benchmark in Arma (see the ArmAII-Mark thread in the forums here) I see a score of around 2,000 in Vista and almost 4,000 in XP so it seems Arma2 in Vista just doesn't want to run in SLI mode.

Motherboard is XFX Nvidia board, I've tried with the bios Nvidia video accelerator enabled and disabled, but it makes no difference.

Anyone else having these issues? Arma 2, SLI, and Vista seem to hate each other.

once vista says "SLI enabled" your good to go, as far as the OS is concerned. All you should need is 190.62. No nHancer, no EVGA patch, no renaming .exe's.

1.Turn on SLI visual indicators in the Nvidia control, panel to verify that SLI is working. http://blog.lib.umn.edu/ayubx003/dividebyzero/WindowsLiveWriter/RunningCrysisinSLIandothergames_D2CC/slivisual_2.jpg

2. Check the profile for Arma2 and make sure its on "Nvidia Recommended"

3. You can leave -winxp switch on the shortcut.

4. Don't use ArmaMark. Use the editor and put your self in a forested area, away from any towns. Save the mission and use that to test (with Fraps or EVGA precision tool) what kind of FPS SLI vs non SLI is giving you.

Finally, It may be that SLI is enabled in vista, but its such a resource hog that the difference is not as much as in XP with SLI enabled. Also, SLI in Arma2 does work well, but the fact is in almost any mission you play it never gets a chance to shine because we are always CPU limited.

Edited by -=seany=-

once vista says "SLI enabled" your good to go, as far as the OS is concerned. All you should need is 190.62. No nHancer, no EVGA patch, no renaming .exe's.

1.Turn on SLI visual indicators in the Nvidia control, panel to verify that SLI is working. http://blog.lib.umn.edu/ayubx003/dividebyzero/WindowsLiveWriter/RunningCrysisinSLIandothergames_D2CC/slivisual_2.jpg

This is fantastic. I had no idea this existed, and it quickly allowed me to verify that yes, SLI *IS* working on my Vista + Arma 2 machine. Here's a link to what the "SLI Visual Indicators" means:

http://www.slizone.com/page/slizone_faq.html#c12

2. Check the profile for Arma2 and make sure its on "Nvidia Recommended"

3. You can leave -winxp switch on the shortcut.

Done. No problems there. The ArmA2 Nvidia profile is present with "SLI performance mode" set to "Nvidia Recommended (SLI)" and the 3D Settings are using the Global Defaults (Application Controlled and other settings as recommended for ArmA2 by Dwarden and others).

4. Don't use ArmaMark. Use the editor and put your self in a forested area, away from any towns. Save the mission and use that to test (with Fraps or EVGA precision tool) what kind of FPS SLI vs non SLI is giving you.

I've already tried this and, unfortunately, I'm not just experiencing bad performance in the benchmarks, I'm getting bad performance in the real games. I play primarily multiplayer, and adding a second 8800GTX seemed to make zero improvement in graphics while playing in Vista (unless I want to play a slideshow). In Windows XP, however, I could immediately increase everything to "Very High" (yes, everything) and still keep View Distance at around 3.5km and keep FPS at around 25-30ish. In Vista, this would drop below 15 (just like with one video card).

So perhaps the video cards aren't the bottleneck at all?

This brings us to your final statement, which I think is completely correct:

Finally, It may be that SLI is enabled in vista, but its such a resource hog that the difference is not as much as in XP with SLI enabled. Also, SLI in Arma2 does work well, but the fact is in almost any mission you play it never gets a chance to shine because we are always CPU limited.

I think this is the real problem. With help from seany, I have now verified that Vista + ArmA 2 + SLI are working fine. However, since something is still horribly wrong with performance in Vista (and not XP), I can only look elsewhere, and CPU resources seem like the obvious answer.

I have an Intel Quad Core Q6600 over clocked to about 3.1GHz with 4GB of RAM. I'm stunned that any OS could actually consume enough CPU to kill a game THIS MUCH. Really, how much can an OS drain from a CPU? Nominal load shows about 2% CPU usage in Task Manager. That's negligible.

ArmA 2 seems to recognize all 4 CPUs properly (I see load on all four during gameplay). I'm just surprised that Vista could really make that kind of a difference in performance. I've read various benchmarks regarding Arma2 and Vista vs. XP (some contradict each other actually) and I can understand maybe 10% difference, but according to my benchmarking this is almost 100% (Arma2+SLI+Vista benchmarks 2,000 and Arma2+SLI+XP benchmarks almost 4,000 and PLAYS that way too).

What's going on here?

Edited by 1longtime

Hi all.

I have trouble with the game.

After smooth 5-10 min playing, depending on the graphic card drivers (Omega, Guru, Asus, Nvidia) some wierd artifacts appear and the whole system freezes.

This one is from ARMA I, but it´s the same.

sl270235.jpg

Only way out, reboot. :pet5:

The same happened , with ARMA I... I had to stop playing.

Other games work fine even Crisis with full resolution.

System:

Operating System: Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 3 (2600.xpsp_sp3_gdr.090206-1234)

MB: P5K PRO

BIOS: BIOS Date: 03/06/08 10:30:30 Ver: 08.00.12

Processor: Intel® Core2 Duo CPU E8400 @ 3.00GHz (2 CPUs)

Memory: 3328MB RAM DDR2 (4GB but as it is running under WinXP...)

DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)

Display Devices

Card name: NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT

DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC

Display Memory: 1024.0 MB

Current Mode: 1680 x 1050 (32 bit) (60Hz)

Monitor: HP w2207 Wide LCD Monitor

Monitor Max Res: 1680,1050

Any solution or suggestion out there ?

Thx :)

OK.

First of all thx to all who answered. :)

Second.

Solution is simple. As always when you found it.

Use the ASUS Smart doctor to downclock the memory of the card from 1800 to 1600. (To save some money the put in really crapy memory.)

Play for hours and hours with good performance and high graphics.

One last thing.

I wont buy any ASUSproduct ever again.

Assistance with troubleshooting is = 0 :mad:

yeah I had really crap response from Asus when my NB fan on the motherboard went tits up (early socket 939 board). Just kept getting patronising emails from someone in Taiwan, couldn't get hold of UK support at the time!

Hi all,

I'm a fairly new recruit, and I really tried for several days to search, do the expirements refferred to on the forums, and get this game to perform, but I'm afriad I'm at my wits end!

I'm using Rivatuner to monitor FPS and I'm seeing an average of 40FPS with a low end of 30. I know this is good, but I ahd to turn all the settings way down to get there, I was hoping there was something I could tweak to get some of the graphics renabled.

My specs and settings are below, any advice any of you more experienced types could give would be appreciated!

My Arma 2 command line is:

"C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\beta\arma2.exe" -mod=beta -maxmem=2047 -cpuCount=4 -winxp -nosplash

It's not running in any "XP or Vista compatibility mode" just as administrator under Windows 7.

-First, my system specs, everything is stock clocked:

Windows 7 Enterprise 64 Bit

EVGA X58 SLI Micro Motherboard

i7 950 3.07 Ghz

6GB RAM, three channel

7200 RPM 1.5TB SATA 3 HD

Gigabyte GTX 285 2GB Video card (when Arma 2 is running, the temp stays around 80-90 Deg C.)

-Now my settings for the video card:

-here's some relavent settings from the NVDA control panel, everything else is either applicaiton controled or I didn't think was relavent.

Ambient Occlusion - off

Antialiasing - Gamma Correction - off

Antialiasing - Transparency - off

Conformant Texture clamp - Use hardware

Maximum pre-rendered frame - 8

Muli-display/mixed-GPU acceleration - Single display performance mode

Power Management Mode - Prefer maximum performance

Texture filtering - Anisotropic sample optimization - on

Texture filtering - Megative LOD bias - Allow

Texture filtering - Quality - High Performance

Texture filtering - Trilinear optimization - On

Threaded optimization - Auto

Triple Buffering - Off

Vertical Sync - Force off

[Display]

Processor: Intel® Core i7 CPU 950 @ 3.07GHz (3052 MHz)

Operating System: Windows 7 Enterprise, 64-bit

DirectX version: 11.0

GPU processor: GeForce GTX 285

Driver version: 190.62

Stream processors: 240

Core clock: 660 MHz

Shader clock: 1505 MHz

Memory clock: 1200 MHz (2400 MHz data rate)

Memory interface: 512-bit

Total available graphics memory: 4859 MB

Dedicated video memory: 2048 MB

System video memory: 0 MB

Shared system memory: 2811 MB

Video BIOS version: 62.00.5E.00.02

IRQ: 16

Bus: PCI Express x16 Gen2

[Components]

nvCplUIR.dll 2.5.383.06 NVIDIA Control Panel

nvCpl.cpl 2.7.130.30 NVIDIA Control Panel Applet

nvCplUI.exe 2.7.130.30 NVIDIA Control Panel

nvWSSR.dll 8.15.11.8618 NVIDIA Workstation Server

nvWSS.dll 8.16.11.9062 NVIDIA Workstation Server

nvViTvSR.dll 8.15.11.8618 NVIDIA Video and TV Server

nvViTvS.dll 8.16.11.9062 NVIDIA Video and TV Server

NVSTVIEW.EXE 7.16.11.9062 NVIDIA GeForce 3D Vision

NVSTTEST.EXE 7.16.11.9062 NVIDIA 3D Vision Test Application

NVSTRES.DLL 7.16.11.9062 NVIDIA 3D Vision Module (4512197)

nvDispSR.dll 8.15.11.8618 NVIDIA Display Server

NVMCTRAY.DLL 8.16.11.9062 NVIDIA Media Center Library

nvDispS.dll 8.16.11.9062 NVIDIA Display Server

NVCPL.DLL 8.16.11.9062 NVIDIA Compatible Windows7 Display driver, Version 190.62

PhysX 09.09.0814 NVIDIA PhysX

NVCUDA.DLL 8.16.11.9062 NVIDIA CUDA 2.3 driver

nvGameSR.dll 8.15.11.8618 NVIDIA 3D Settings Server

nvGameS.dll 8.16.11.9062 NVIDIA 3D Settings Server

-I'm playing both 1.03 and the latest Beta patch, not much difference that I can tell.

-Here is my Arma Config:

language="English";

adapter=-1;

3D_Performance=-4194304;

Resolution_Bpp=32;

Resolution_W=1920;

Resolution_H=1200;

refresh=60;

Render_W=1920;

Render_H=1200;

FSAA=0;

postFX=0;

HDRPrecision=8;

lastDeviceId="";

localVRAM=2147500000;

nonlocalVRAM=2147500000;

-And the relavent sections of my profile:

version=2;

blood=2;

singleVoice=0;

shadingQuality=100;

shadowQuality=4;

soundEnableEAX=1;

soundEnableHW=1;

anisoFilter=0;

TexQuality=3;

TexMemory=4;

useWBuffer=0;

tripleHead=0;

armoryPoints=280;

mouseSmoothing=0;

mouseSensitivityX=1;

mouseSensitivityY=1;

floatingZoneArea=0;

teamSwitchOffsetX=0;

teamSwitchOffsetY=0;

headBob=2.9802322e-008;

sceneComplexity=1000000;

viewDistance=10000.001;

terrainGrid=12.5;

volumeCD=5;

volumeFX=5;

volumeSpeech=5;

gamma=1;

brightness=1;

fovTop=0.75;

fovLeft=1.2;

uiTopLeftX=0.27083334;

uiTopLeftY=0.22499999;

uiBottomRightX=0.72916663;

uiBottomRightY=0.77499998;

IGUIScale=0.55000001;

So can anybody help me get this thing to perform?

1. If you are running vista add: -winxp to your arma2 shortcut.

2. If that doesn't work, or you are running xp, then try an older nvidia driver. Lots of people recommend 182.50

Hope this helps.

thanks -winxp help everything it is back to normal

thanks again

Hi mates,

I'm not familiar with computer science despite the fact I've just purchased the cutting edge PC :

- Intel Core extreme I7 975 3,33Ghz

- Motherboard : Asus RampageII Extreme

- Memory : 12Gb Corsair Dominator 1 866Mhz CL9

- 2 Video Cards SLI : Asus Nvidia GTX295 (quad core) last drivers installed (190.62)

- Soundblaster XFI Titanium

Although I followed precisely the instructions prescribed in the troubleshooting post for Nvidia owners, I encounter a major graphic bug in the game : all the characters and facilities are not textured :butbut::butbut:. I precise that the Physx option is deactivated in the Nvidia control panel and also the Vsynch.

Thanks a lot for any help provided

Best regards

Etienne

---------- Post added at 04:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:47 PM ----------

Sorry I forgot to mention my OS in the previous post :

Ultimate Vista 64

Thanks

Benny while you do have a strong system by most standards these are precisely the rigs that are having fits with ArmA 2.

I would recommend going through the saga here in the forums to see what others have tried.

To start with:

1) Add -winxp -cpu=4 to the command line of your shortcut

2) 12GB may need to be a)reduced to 6GB or b)setup for less via msconfig

3) Many drivers have been tried by folks here so go through and see what has worked for others (eg 182.50).

4) Possibly edit the config file manually (also all through the forums)

This is just a start my friend so I wish you well and hope your journey is shorter and less aggravating than some.

Cheers,

Edited by Akilez
Add driver #

Benny while you do have a strong system by most standards these are precisely the rigs that are having fits with ArmA 2.

I would recommend going through the saga here in the forums to see what others have tried.

To start with:

1) Add -winxp -cpu=4 to the command line of your shortcut

2) 12GB may need to be a)reduced to 6GB or b)setup for less via msconfig

3) Many drivers have been tried by folks here so go through and see what has worked for others (eg 182.50).

4) Possibly edit the config file manually (also all through the forums)

This is just a start my friend so I wish you well and hope your journey is shorter and less aggravating than some.

Cheers,

The -winxp should sort it out, didn't know about the -cpu=4 one and will be giving that a try myself tonight.

Is there a definitive list of the commands anywhere?

Let me guess, probably in the Read me I never read?

As topic said :)

Accelerates performance in several gaming applications. The following are examples of improvements measured with version 191.03 drivers vs. version 190.62 drivers (results will vary depending on your GPU, system configuration, and game settings):

Up to 12% performance increase in ARMA 2

Up to 8% performance increase in Batman: Arkham Asylum with GPU PhysX enabled

Up to 50% performance increase in Call of Juarez: Blood in Bound with SLI enabled

Up to 14% performance increase in Fallout 3 (indoor scenes) with antialiasing enabled

Up to 10% performance increase in Far Cry 2 (DX9 version) with antialiasing enabled

Up to 34% performance increase in Prototype with antialiasing enabled

Get them here:

Vista/windows 7 x64: http://www.nvidia.com/object/win7_winvista_64bit_191.03_beta.html

Vista/Windows 7 x32: http://www.nvidia.com/object/win7_winvista_32bit_191.03_beta.html

WinXP x64: http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp64_191.03_beta.html

WinXP x32: http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_191.03_beta.html

Edited by Raggz

CONFIRMED INCREASE

I don't know what the percentage is exactly, but my Arma2 Mark score jumped up nearly 8 full points.

Nvidia 9800 GTX+ Overclocked

Wish my PC wasn't broken, so I could test this.

Going to need more than 8 points to impress me. I could open my window so that it would be 2 celcius cooler in my room and I could get an increase of 8 points...

Luhgnut;1447839']CONFIRMED INCREASE

I don't know what the percentage is exactly' date=' but my Arma2 Mark score jumped up nearly 8 full points.

Nvidia 9800 GTX+ Overclocked[/quote']

uhhh, you can run arma mark 5 times in a row and have the score vary by more than 100 points each time...